Yesterday was a nice day!
Daniel was off - and we spent the morning
just hanging around.
We decided to get out of the house around
noon and headed to Schofield {Army base}.
We just browsed around the main store and
then the furniture store. Fun fun!
It was packed there! It took us awhile to find
parking - and we were parked pretty far out
there.
It looked like they had a graduation or event
going on.
And we thought Wednesday afternoon would
be the perfect day to go there.
No sir.
After that we hit up Target and browsed the
Christmas section. Dmitri is offically in love
with Christmas trees. There's a white tree there
that is decorated very pretty, with bright colors,
and it's his favorite.
Everytime we go to see it he lets out and excited
"OOooo!"
So that got Daniel and me thinking about when
we should put up our tree.
I'll tell you right now. It will be soon! :}
The rest of the day - more relaxing! I made some
rice crispy treats - and fajitas for dinner.
So it was a pleasant evening.
Today Daniel worked. He was charge nurse and
had quite the day as far as clean ups! Let's just
say I lost my appetite a few times just hearing
about his day :[
Dmitri and I woke up with plans to hit up
the library for story time. We were ready to
go - with some time to kill - so I browsed Craigslist.
There was a bounce and spin zebra on there
for $15! It was nearby and from the pic looked
almost brand new.
So we checked it out - and it worked great and
looked great! So we took it home.
They retail for $50 - which is a little bit ridiculous
to me. Considering in a few months it wouldn't
look brand new.
Anywhos - Dmitri's in love with it. He was a
little bit standoffish at first - but decided why
not give it a spin.
I showed him how it bounced - and that was it.
He was in heaven!
So I'm quite happy about my find.
I spent the rest of the day organizing anything
and everything.
I try not to have a large pile of toys in the living
room - but the pile got out of hand. So I sorted
some of Dmitri's toys into some small bins that
have been collecting dust in Dmitri's room.
The dreaded pile!
Now organized in his room
I sorted into; blocks {or stackable things}, cars,
tools and a misc.
Then his giant bucket is just stuffed animals and
bigger stuff.
I also finally took his walker apart and shoved
it under his crib. So now his zebra is where his
crib used to be.
We'll see how long it lasts.................
I'll take a pic of his clean room - to remember it
was clean at one time X}
Reading to himself... in a box.
Notice his one shoe and sock. Which is 2 sizes to small,
but he insisted he wear it.
So that was our day. For some reason I thought
we did a lot more then we did. Hmm.
Ugh - and it starts! I don't know where he finds
pens! I can never find a pen! Where does he
find them?! But I just saw this today. I'm assuming
he did it today... It's actually larger then it looks :[
Okay - before I get annoyed thinking about
scrubbing the walls tomorrow - onto some
positives!
Dmitri has added a new animal to his animal
sounds. He will now tell you what a dog says
if you ask him. He says "woof woof."
He also takes after my dad in two ways.
One: memory of an elephant.
My dad can tell you directions to somewhere
he hasn't been in years or has been to once! Street names
and all. He can also tell you exactly what happened
when 10 years ago.
My older sister Janine is the same way. She's
who I call to ask "remember that one show...
we watched it one summer when I think I
was 6." And she'll tell you the name, characters
and theme song. Ay yi yi! :}
Anyways - Dmitri's the same. Thus far.
I had used an allen wrench on his crib last
weekend. I used it all of 5 minutes and then
put the wrench away. Well yesterday he found
one when I was going through Daniel's tool
box and he grabs it and goes to his crib to use it
on the same screws I used it on.
He also remembers exactly where every drinking
fountain and computer are.
He remembered he needed to press the ear on
the rocking horse in the nursery room Sunday to make
it talk and wag it's tail. And he hasn't used a
rocking horse since we visited UT a month back.
But the second thing is that he is happy with
one shoe on - and/or a sock.
He will walk around all day like that.
My dad ALWAYS wears shoes and socks. But
when he starts to get ready for bed - he takes
off a shoe and sock - but not the other. And he'll
stay like that for hours. Even fall asleep sometimes.
So when Dmitri's walking around with his one
shoe - it reminds me of my dad :}
Alright - that's that. I need to go to bed! I have
a fun and busy day planned tomorrow!
{leave it to Dmitri to stick his feet in the handles...}
{{he wasn't hurt though}}
Does the sound work on this video? My sound
isn't :[
Daniel was off - and we spent the morning
just hanging around.
We decided to get out of the house around
noon and headed to Schofield {Army base}.
We just browsed around the main store and
then the furniture store. Fun fun!
It was packed there! It took us awhile to find
parking - and we were parked pretty far out
there.
It looked like they had a graduation or event
going on.
And we thought Wednesday afternoon would
be the perfect day to go there.
No sir.
After that we hit up Target and browsed the
Christmas section. Dmitri is offically in love
with Christmas trees. There's a white tree there
that is decorated very pretty, with bright colors,
and it's his favorite.
Everytime we go to see it he lets out and excited
"OOooo!"
So that got Daniel and me thinking about when
we should put up our tree.
I'll tell you right now. It will be soon! :}
The rest of the day - more relaxing! I made some
rice crispy treats - and fajitas for dinner.
So it was a pleasant evening.
Today Daniel worked. He was charge nurse and
had quite the day as far as clean ups! Let's just
say I lost my appetite a few times just hearing
about his day :[
Dmitri and I woke up with plans to hit up
the library for story time. We were ready to
go - with some time to kill - so I browsed Craigslist.
There was a bounce and spin zebra on there
for $15! It was nearby and from the pic looked
almost brand new.
So we checked it out - and it worked great and
looked great! So we took it home.
They retail for $50 - which is a little bit ridiculous
to me. Considering in a few months it wouldn't
look brand new.
Anywhos - Dmitri's in love with it. He was a
little bit standoffish at first - but decided why
not give it a spin.
He was in heaven!
So I'm quite happy about my find.
I spent the rest of the day organizing anything
and everything.
I try not to have a large pile of toys in the living
room - but the pile got out of hand. So I sorted
some of Dmitri's toys into some small bins that
have been collecting dust in Dmitri's room.
The dreaded pile!
tools and a misc.
Then his giant bucket is just stuffed animals and
bigger stuff.
I also finally took his walker apart and shoved
it under his crib. So now his zebra is where his
crib used to be.
We'll see how long it lasts.................
I'll take a pic of his clean room - to remember it
was clean at one time X}
Notice his one shoe and sock. Which is 2 sizes to small,
but he insisted he wear it.
we did a lot more then we did. Hmm.
Ugh - and it starts! I don't know where he finds
pens! I can never find a pen! Where does he
find them?! But I just saw this today. I'm assuming
he did it today... It's actually larger then it looks :[
scrubbing the walls tomorrow - onto some
positives!
Dmitri has added a new animal to his animal
sounds. He will now tell you what a dog says
if you ask him. He says "woof woof."
He also takes after my dad in two ways.
One: memory of an elephant.
My dad can tell you directions to somewhere
he hasn't been in years or has been to once! Street names
and all. He can also tell you exactly what happened
when 10 years ago.
My older sister Janine is the same way. She's
who I call to ask "remember that one show...
we watched it one summer when I think I
was 6." And she'll tell you the name, characters
and theme song. Ay yi yi! :}
Anyways - Dmitri's the same. Thus far.
I had used an allen wrench on his crib last
weekend. I used it all of 5 minutes and then
put the wrench away. Well yesterday he found
one when I was going through Daniel's tool
box and he grabs it and goes to his crib to use it
on the same screws I used it on.
He also remembers exactly where every drinking
fountain and computer are.
He remembered he needed to press the ear on
the rocking horse in the nursery room Sunday to make
it talk and wag it's tail. And he hasn't used a
rocking horse since we visited UT a month back.
But the second thing is that he is happy with
one shoe on - and/or a sock.
He will walk around all day like that.
My dad ALWAYS wears shoes and socks. But
when he starts to get ready for bed - he takes
off a shoe and sock - but not the other. And he'll
stay like that for hours. Even fall asleep sometimes.
So when Dmitri's walking around with his one
shoe - it reminds me of my dad :}
Alright - that's that. I need to go to bed! I have
a fun and busy day planned tomorrow!
{leave it to Dmitri to stick his feet in the handles...}
{{he wasn't hurt though}}
Does the sound work on this video? My sound
isn't :[




Yes, the sound is working. Also, I love that you listed Rice Crispy Treats before Fajitas when talking about dinner. Hope all is well. I love to read your blog.
ReplyDelete