About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Monday, November 16, 2009

I would like to brag....

...that my 15 month old child can swim.
With water wings - but still.
:}

We attended the 1st birthday party
bash of this sweet girl on Saturday{and I am totally in love with these chocolate
letters! I need to make something to incorporate these!}So in preparation I decided to buy
Dmitri some wings. He doesn't care
for his panda inflatable ring anymore
and would prefer if we didn't hold him.
Well - that option doesn't work either.
Also off the list is a life jacket. Yes in
emergency life saving situations - but no in
the swimming pool. I put one on him
in the store - and he flipped out!

I was a little bit concerned he wouldn't
go for the wings - because they'd be too
confining- but I put them on him and
he thought they were kind of cool.
We actually tested them out in the pool
on Friday - so we got in the water and
off he went. I still held onto him Friday,
but didn't have to hold as tight.
So he was happy with a little more freedom.

Come Saturday I was feeling a little more
comfortable with them - and decided to
let him go.
Well off he went - kicking his little legs!
It was the cutest thing! And I was in shock!

But he did a good amount of swimming!
And he thought swimming was funner
if he held his mouth open and slurped the
water as he went.
Of course.I have a video of him swimming on his own - but
after watching it and seeing the inappropriate
cleavage going on - I decided against it.
Needless to say I'm in the market for a new
swimsuit. A halter maybe. Blah.

So we will definitely be spending more time
in the pool!
He'll actually stick his face under the water
in the bathtub - and I dunk him every now
and then in the pool - but we'll save under
water swimming for when he's a little more
advanced :}
{this was before swimming. There was a cat
in the pool area - and Dmitri scared it off. So
he's trying to get it to come back}So we had a great time at the party! Swimming,
cake, pizza, friends - you can't go wrong! :)

Today Daniel worked - which meant it was
just me and Dmitri at church.
Today we had the Primary Program. It went
well. The kids all did awesome! I was
seriously impressed with some of the memorization
that went on! Kudos to the kiddies! And the last
ones to go up were the Sunbeams {3 yr olds}! They are
always my favorite. They are absolutely darling!

But my class did great. I had to say my part
first - blah - and then they all did theirs.
I had one kid that panicked and needed help,
but because she was assigned to write her own
part, I didn't have a copy of it. Luckily her mom
is one of the Primary Counselors - and was
on hand to help. The last girl to go totally
forgot her part - and I didn't have a copy of
hers either! She was assigned an already
written part - and I ended up having to give
her both my copies - so I had none.
But the Primary Pres was sitting behind the
podium - and she had a copy.
So done and done!
One of my girls original did not want a part.
She said she didn't want to go up - didn't
want to read - wasn't doing it.
When we did the practice last Saturday
she watched all the other kids go and decided
it wasn't so bad. So she took a part and she
rocked it today! She totally memorized it
and was so confident! I was so proud of her!

So since Daniel was working - I had to take
Dmitri to class with me. The kids love when
he comes - and ask every Sunday if Dmitri
is coming to class.
So he came with me today. And it was touch
and go. I had 7 little helpers! And they were
kind of freaking Dmitri out! XD
They all wanted to hold him and carry him to
class - so they'd all circle around him and
try to pick him up all at the same time.
He was a little freaked.
But other then that he did good - and we only
had to step out the last 10 minutes of Primary.

Tonight we went to celebrate another birthday!
Ava's dads! So we went over for dinner - which
was SOOOO yummy! :]
So we had a nice time over there - and Dmitri
got to hang out with some friends too. And
burn off some energy. Woohoo! :)

His sleeping was so much better today!
Everyone kept saying it was time for a big
boy bed - so we tested it and took the front rail
off his crib converting it into a toddler bed. Mmm,
didn't go so well. He was exhausted - but
did not want to be in his bed at all! Bed or crib.

So after 45 minutes of trying - I took him out
of his room and he runs over to the sofa where
Daniel was sitting. He climbs up and makes
Daniel hold him! And was alseep within 5 minutes.
Ugh! I was peeved. I totally felt like the bad guy.
I hate that so much.
Oh - did I mention he was up at 5 am that morning
and hadn't napped all day? And didn't fall asleep
until almost 9pm? Yea.
So I converted his crib back into a crib and
as best I could without waking him - laid him
down in his crib. And he was out until 7:45 this
morning! WOOHOO!

So today he did his usual - fall asleep during the 10 minute
drive home from church - I transferred him from
the car to his crib - and he napped for 2 hours!
Loved it! Then tonight we did our usual bedtime
routine - and laid him down. He cried for about 5
minutes - and was out! You have no idea how happy
I was!

Daniel's been talking to some friends at work,
and some have older kids and have gone
through it. They've all told him
that it was probably teeth and growth spurt
related. I hope that was it - and that it's over.
Or at least we get a break from it.
My oh my.

Here's my little Dmitri - being Dmitri.He can definitely be a handful - but I really
do enjoy his curiosity and his eagerness to
learn. He is such an inquisitive kid and I just
love to watch him. You can see his thought
process a lot of the time - and it's so funny
to me!
I love this kid - and I'm proud to call him mine!

2 comments:

  1. That's AWESOME he can swim. I suppose it's extra awesome you're in Hawaii so he actually can. Go Dmitri!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. andrew and dmitri have the same pajamas! and i love when they hike up and look like little capri leggings.
    So cool that dmitri is swimming!! it's funny to read that you guys are going swimming and it's the middle of november. it has been COLD here. well i say cold an it's like highs of 65, but still.

    ReplyDelete