About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Friday, October 23, 2009

That's quite the mess!

I volunteered to make a cake for a baptism.
It's for a girl in my class - who is getting
baptized tomorrow.

I had never made a fondant cake... and it's
quite the task!
It's not terribly hard - but fondant dries out
fast!
So that was the biggest problem. That and
watch your trimming of the sides......

Otherwise I'm pretty proud of my little cake!

I just hope Yoshabelle is as happy with it as I
am. And her as well mom :]

I still need to add an icing border around the
bottom where the 2 tiers meet.
But I need to go get icing for that tomorrow.

I actually dyed some of the white fondant
to get the pink and green. That was kind of fun, and
I'm happy that part was so easy!

Here's the cake
{please don't mind the plastic wrap...:}
Okay - here it is without some of the plastic.
Please ignore the bottoms - they will be covered
tomorrow by an icing border - as well as flowers.
So I realized the only cookie cutter I have
is a heart shaped one.
So I was resourceful. I used one of Dmitri's
blocks. And a little more resourceful.
Hawaii's not known for a good supply of
anything... {except Aloha Fabric:} so we weren't able to find a
nice large square cake pan. However a
casserole dish works just fine! With a little
bit of foil and two little glass bowls...
This is what Dmitri did while I was
making the cake.... he found the lid
to the cooking spray - and a Dr Pepper
I left on the table {I'm so bad about that}
So he decided to pour himself a cup of
Dr Pepper. He sat the lid on the floor, sat
down and poured.
Got to say - I was impressed with his
pouring abilities! He didn't make too bad
of a mess!
And even though it sounds like it - I wasn't
standing there watching him do this.
It's what I observed after cleaning up his
mess.
And luckily I took the lid and DP away
before he took a sip.
And here's my mess....... blah!
:}Which is continued on the other side of
the kitchen...

An exciting thing happened today! Drumroll.....

DMITRI POOPED ON THE POTTY!!

I have tried and tried to get Dmitri to poop
on the potty. I can sit him down on the toilet
and he'll pee no problem.
But no poop.
I'd sit him on the toilet when he'd start making
poop signs - and he'd stop - and hold it until
he got his diaper back on.

But - finally - today - he did it. He pooped 5
minutes after being sat on the toilet. It was a
great moment for me. And him.

I hope he keeps it up! I'd be so happy.
I want to be done with poopy diapers!

And I almost totally did the Kate Gosselin
thing. I thought about taking a pic of it... but
that was a fleeting thought after looking at
it for a second XD

Okay gross.

After his pooping - Dmitri and I
headed out to do some errands.
We hit up Petco - since we were next to it
anyway - and checked out some of the animals.

Dmitri had a good time with the guinea pigs!
He kept laughing at them. One was putting
on a show for him. He liked the birds and fish okay,
and thought the turtles were interesting... but
he enjoyed the cats most of all.
He'd go up to the cage, lean in and go "OOOo!"

I told him to say "meow" and got a little "mouw"
out of him. There was a frisky cat in the group
and Dmitri decided to stick his finger in it's
cage - the cat nipped him. No tears - but
Dmitri was a little stunned and looked
slightly betrayed because he thought
the cat was nice. I wiggled my finger in front
of it's cage, and it batted at it with claws out.
Lol so that was the end of playing with that
certain cat XD

That was mine and Dmitri's day.
Other then me getting dizzy spells this afternoon
and having to lay down - which led to a 2 1/2 hour
nap! Luckily Dmitri took a long nap too!
I woke up before him.
So nice.

Daniel worked - and was charge nurse.
He usually likes being charge nurse - because
he doesn't have any of his own patients.
But today was quite busy! He ended up having
to help out a lot more with some patients and
had a couple of mean ones to handle.
They also had a surprise patient flown in from
Japan. Usually they have a heads up about
that - but today they just showed up with him...
from Japan...
I guess Tripler is the closest Army hospital to
Japan - so the Army flew him over.
Which seems weird to me.
But that's that.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the fondant cake!!! And hooray for pooping on the potty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cake. it's like an argyle print. as always so talented.

    ReplyDelete