Back to the grind!
So we made it back to home safely.
Almost without incident.
Here are tidbits of the last week of
our trip.
Monday evening we had dinner with
Daniel's family.
His mom made dinner - and then
everyone joined us for ice cream.
And Rockband.
Dmitri was hoarding the strawberries,
as usual. He preferred them to ice cream.
I enjoyed the marshmellow fluff by
the spoonful..... my guilty pleasure. Which
is why I wont buy it! XD
Poor Dmitri did the inevitable. He's been
doing well with stairs - so I was feeling
a little confident in his stair climbing up and
down abilities.
But - someone left the baby gate to the
basement open - and Dmitri decided to try
going down the stairs like his older cousins.
Instead of belly - he walked down.
Apparently he made it down 2 stairs - and
then fell - did a flip of sorts and landed on
his belly - then slid the rest of the way down.
No serious injuries - thank goodness! He was
just a little stunned and scared - but otherwise
fine.
Blah!
So that was our Monday evening.
Tuesday we headed out to the zoo with
Mike, Jennie and Sophie!
Well - first lunch - then the zoo.
So TGIFridays - then Hogle Zoo!
I had high hopes that Dmitri would enjoy it,
but unfortunately he spent a majority of
it sleeping in his stroller. Lovely :)
He did enjoy some running around time
before he fell asleep though.
It was also a little colder then expected!
I wish I'd have worn either a thicker
sweater - or some gloves!
But we survived.
After the zoo - we went for frozen custard
at the BEST place EVER! It's called Nielson's
and it's in Bountiful - if anyone wants to venture
up there :}
They are SO delish!!
Daniel ended up spending the night at their
house - and he and Mike had a video game
fest. Ay yi yi................................................
Wednesday I hung out with my mom at
home and we just dilly dallied.
I also hit up a few stores that UT has and
HI doesn't.
So that was it! Hung out with a few more
people - then packed up our stuff and
headed to the airport!
We flew out of Salt Lake to Portland and
then from Portland to Honolulu.
Oh my - Dmitri had a FIT on the flight
from SLC to Portland. I swear everyone
around us wanted to kill us.
I was eventually able to get him to sleep,
but to do so I had to hold him standing
up - in the bathroom.
I don't know if he just liked the louder
noise in there - but whatever it was, the
bathroom soothed him!
We landed in Portland and had an almost
3 hour layover.
So it was a good amount of time to tire
Dmitri out.
In my defense - he was suffering from
allergies - so we gave him some infant
allergy medicine and it knocked him out
the entire Portland to Honolulu flight!
It was fantastic!
But poor Daniel had to hold him the whole
time. Daniel does better with that stuff. But
I can't sit still - nor can I fall asleep anywhere.
Daniel can fall asleep anywhere - anytime.
So he holds sleeping babies during plane rides:}
It was kind of nice to get back - but it is SO
not okay going from 45 and dry weather to
85 and humid! Like 89% humidity!
It was so gross.
The humidity has decreased a lot this past week,
I just hope it keeps decreasing!
But yea - good to be back.
Here are my fave zoo pics - and then a slide
show with the rest.



And a slide of other pics from our trip.This is the view from my MIL's backyard!




Or - now onto projects - I wasted no time
:}
So I have been searching for an accent
chair for a while. One I could do a little makeover
on.
No luck. Unless I wanted wicker. No.
I found this chair the day after we got back - and
I was so stoked!
I decided to go with a bright color - so I
picked Key Lime Green! MMm.
Love it. I bought a brown seat cushion at Ross.
Originally I wanted to make a cushion, then
I realized I'd need a pad anyway - so I just
bought one at Ross for $4.99. Which I
think was cheaper then making.
Without realizing - may living room colors
are brown, chartreuse/lime green with pops
of orange.
And I like it - obviously!
Here's the chair before
I must also say I found this chair sitting in a
junk pile. So it was free!
After paint - kind of bright!
And after - with the cushion
I also recovered our sofa/accent pillows with
fabric I bought from Ikea {in UT}
before {it has a brown iridescent back}
and second pillow before
after {before I sewed them shut}
I forgot to take an after of the second pillow - but
here they are all together.
There are 2 more orange ones on the sofa.
I love the patterns on them!
Lastly - I crocheted some slippers - one foot
so far - and here it is!
Lol one more foot to go! And still need
to prefect it a little bit.
:}
Almost without incident.
Here are tidbits of the last week of
our trip.
Monday evening we had dinner with
Daniel's family.
His mom made dinner - and then
everyone joined us for ice cream.
And Rockband.
Dmitri was hoarding the strawberries,
as usual. He preferred them to ice cream.
I enjoyed the marshmellow fluff by
the spoonful..... my guilty pleasure. Which
is why I wont buy it! XD
Poor Dmitri did the inevitable. He's been
doing well with stairs - so I was feeling
a little confident in his stair climbing up and
down abilities.
But - someone left the baby gate to the
basement open - and Dmitri decided to try
going down the stairs like his older cousins.
Instead of belly - he walked down.
Apparently he made it down 2 stairs - and
then fell - did a flip of sorts and landed on
his belly - then slid the rest of the way down.
No serious injuries - thank goodness! He was
just a little stunned and scared - but otherwise
fine.
Blah!
So that was our Monday evening.
Tuesday we headed out to the zoo with
Mike, Jennie and Sophie!
Well - first lunch - then the zoo.
So TGIFridays - then Hogle Zoo!
I had high hopes that Dmitri would enjoy it,
but unfortunately he spent a majority of
it sleeping in his stroller. Lovely :)
He did enjoy some running around time
before he fell asleep though.
It was also a little colder then expected!
I wish I'd have worn either a thicker
sweater - or some gloves!
But we survived.
After the zoo - we went for frozen custard
at the BEST place EVER! It's called Nielson's
and it's in Bountiful - if anyone wants to venture
up there :}
They are SO delish!!
Daniel ended up spending the night at their
house - and he and Mike had a video game
fest. Ay yi yi................................................
Wednesday I hung out with my mom at
home and we just dilly dallied.
I also hit up a few stores that UT has and
HI doesn't.
So that was it! Hung out with a few more
people - then packed up our stuff and
headed to the airport!
We flew out of Salt Lake to Portland and
then from Portland to Honolulu.
Oh my - Dmitri had a FIT on the flight
from SLC to Portland. I swear everyone
around us wanted to kill us.
I was eventually able to get him to sleep,
but to do so I had to hold him standing
up - in the bathroom.
I don't know if he just liked the louder
noise in there - but whatever it was, the
bathroom soothed him!
We landed in Portland and had an almost
3 hour layover.
So it was a good amount of time to tire
Dmitri out.
In my defense - he was suffering from
allergies - so we gave him some infant
allergy medicine and it knocked him out
the entire Portland to Honolulu flight!
It was fantastic!
But poor Daniel had to hold him the whole
time. Daniel does better with that stuff. But
I can't sit still - nor can I fall asleep anywhere.
Daniel can fall asleep anywhere - anytime.
So he holds sleeping babies during plane rides:}
It was kind of nice to get back - but it is SO
not okay going from 45 and dry weather to
85 and humid! Like 89% humidity!
It was so gross.
The humidity has decreased a lot this past week,
I just hope it keeps decreasing!
But yea - good to be back.
Here are my fave zoo pics - and then a slide
show with the rest.




And a slide of other pics from our trip.This is the view from my MIL's backyard!




Or - now onto projects - I wasted no time
:}
So I have been searching for an accent
chair for a while. One I could do a little makeover
on.
No luck. Unless I wanted wicker. No.
I found this chair the day after we got back - and
I was so stoked!
I decided to go with a bright color - so I
picked Key Lime Green! MMm.
Love it. I bought a brown seat cushion at Ross.
Originally I wanted to make a cushion, then
I realized I'd need a pad anyway - so I just
bought one at Ross for $4.99. Which I
think was cheaper then making.
Without realizing - may living room colors
are brown, chartreuse/lime green with pops
of orange.
And I like it - obviously!
Here's the chair before
I must also say I found this chair sitting in a
junk pile. So it was free!
After paint - kind of bright!
And after - with the cushion
I also recovered our sofa/accent pillows withfabric I bought from Ikea {in UT}
before {it has a brown iridescent back}
and second pillow before
after {before I sewed them shut}
I forgot to take an after of the second pillow - buthere they are all together.

There are 2 more orange ones on the sofa.I love the patterns on them!
Lastly - I crocheted some slippers - one foot
so far - and here it is!

Lol one more foot to go! And still needto prefect it a little bit.
:}




The chair looks so cute!! I am jealous you got to shop for fabric at Ikea....next time I'm in Seattle...
ReplyDeleteAND awesome job on the slipper. I love slippers but I don't really know how to knit. They're adorable!!!
How many times can I say it? You are just to darned talented!! LOVE the chair and pillows. Your guys place must be so cute.
ReplyDeleteAnd boo to Dmitri falling down the stairs. It's so scary. Andrew has fallen down our stairs 2 times and it nearly gave me a heart attack!!