About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hmm... that's probably not a good thing...

Dmitri has gotten into the habit of climbing onto
the coffee table and side table.
{also the kitchen table............. which is a no no already}

At first I really didn't mind. I figured since we
don't have room for a jungle gym - then the
coffee table was a good alternative.
{And I don't care for my coffee table}

Well.... maybe not such a good idea.
Because he climbs all over things at other peoples
homes. And I'm sure they don't appreciate that.
And it's embarrassing on my part!
So I put a stop to it.

I've introduced 'time out.'
He's probably a little too young - but he is
starting to catch on.

When he'd try to climb on the table tonight,
I pulled him down and gave him a warning
that if he did it again - he'd sit in time out.
{a rug on the kitchen floor}
He did it again - I told him he gets time out
and I took him to his spot.
He sat for a few seconds - got up and I sat
him on it again. This time he stayed a little
longer. So I took him out of time out and
reiterated the no climbing.
He did it again - and again - and again.
So it was time out again - and again - and
again.
BUT! Finally it started to pay off.
There was less climbing - a lot less. And instead
he'd play with his toys standing next to the
table - and not on top of it.

He also understands that he's supposed to
stay on the rug - because he'd get up and then
when I went to get him, he'd run back to the
rug, sit and smile.
So we had to get over it being a game.
And it was hard for me not to laugh - sometimes.
:}

It's still a work in progress.
But he's {we're} getting there!

I'm sure no one really cares about any of this - lol
but I figured I'd blog about it anyway.

We've also established the sign for 'toilet' - aka
potty.
I sign and ask if he went potty - and if he needs
a diaper change. He lifts up his shirt and tugs at
his diaper. He'll also sign 'potty' back to me.
Yes - one step closer to potty training!
Now I just need him to tell me BEFORE he potties.

So we have these signs down; more, all done, potty,
hungry, and wash hands. I think that's it.
And he started saying shoe today! Well "do" but it
works.

I think watching your kids grow and learn new
things - is one of the best things about being
a mom!

Mmm - a not so good part about tonight. I was
in Dmitri's room talking to Daniel - and all the
sudden heard a loud and weird noise coming
from Dmitri's bathroom.
I go to investigate - and there is water streaming
out of the vent in the ceiling!
A lot of water!
So Daniel ran upstairs and told the neighbors
what was going on.
They said they were trying to replace the toilet,
and thought they had shut off the water to it.
So they said they'd have maintenance help them
tomorrow.
I'm crossing my fingers there's no horrible
effects from it. Eeee... like mold or mildew :[

Our morning was spent working on the baby shower
which is Saturday.
I think we're about done!
Dmitri had a good time playing with Ava,
and they had a good time swapping sippy
cups..... I don't know why other babies sippy
cups are so much more exciting...

Speaking of babies - my brother and sister in law
{Daniel's brother Brian}
had a little boy today.
No name yet. Not sure if it's going
to be a surprise - or if they're still
pondering names...
But he's happy and healthy - so welcome
to the world little one!

2 comments:

  1. I think I started time out with Noah around Dmitri's age. He'll catch on soon. It's not a fun thing to do but it becomes very necessary as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, at the condo we use to live in, our upstairs neighbors' toilet leaked. And we didn't notice until there was a HUGE bubble on the ceiling. Man that was nightmare I do not care to remember.
    We tried time out with andrew awhile ago, and actually we haven't been doing it. I think I need to re introduce it.

    ReplyDelete