About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Busy busy busy!

Well - my weekend was off to a busy start!
I co-hosted a baby shower for a friend in
my ward - so the hour leading up to it was
quite frantic!
I woke up a 7 - thinking I had all this time.
Well - seriously - it felt like 20 mins had
passed, but when I look back at the clock it's
a quarter to 9! The shower was scheduled at
10 and I hadn't showered or finished up the
last minute items, nor had I loaded my 6
chairs in the car!
Ay yi yi!
Well luckily - after like 6 trips back home
{good thing Chelsea lives 30 seconds away!}
we were on schedule and had pulled everything
off! Quite well in my opinion.
:]
Here are a few pics of the decor.
This is the diaper cake Chelsea and I made for Monica
I totally spaced taking pre-guest pics. But our food
spread looked great - and our decorating
and coordinating was excellent.
Woot woo!
We made this serve tray out of melamine plates
we found at Target for $1.74! And a can of soup
wrapped in scrapbook paper - all hot glued
together.
Saturday evening I decided to start working
on my 'craft room.' I went in search of a table;
first Ross.
They had a table - but it was $60 and was
half an inch too big!
So no.
Target had nothing either.
Then I remembered I had a small coffee table
from Ikea that was wasting space on my lanai.
The legs on it screw on and off - so I started
thinking how fantastic it would be to make it
taller and use it for my craft table.
Now if you didn't know this already - Home
Depot sells table legs.
All different size. And styles. They also sell
feet for couches if anyone is looking for those.
So I found some legs at a reasonable price - and
off I went!
I wanted to paint the legs a fun color - like my
fave lime green - or orange - or an bright teal blue.
But I remembered I already had some black
spray paint at home - so I could just use that.
{I've decided I'll paint the legs green - at a later date:}

So here's a before and after pic of my table!
And a pic of it in my craft area. Which is my
laundry closet also :}
I found a clip light at Home Depot for $6.95 which
I'm totally in love with! It was cheap - and it
clips anywhere I need it to!
Before {small Ikea Lack coffee table}
After {legs are a bit skinny}
Setting things upI'm lovin' it!
I still need to add a couple shelves.

Today we woke up late for church....
I set two alarms on my phone - along with
a reminder to bring something to church
with me. None of them went off!
Daniel set his alarm - did not go off!
We woke up with a half hour to spare - and
luckily our ward always starts a bit late...
so all was well!

I had 2 kids in my class today! 2 which turned
into one - because one of the girls had to leave
early.
Daniel also forgot it was his Sunday to teach!
So he had to give an impromptu lesson.
Eee.... not our best Sunday!

Here are some Sunday pics.
I let Dmitri go at his dinner - with turned
into a mess when I realized he was playing
with it more then eating it.... Eee...
But it was cute - despite the mess I had to
clean up afterwards.And here are some of me and Daniel.
He's still starving... and not happy.
Poor guy.
:[These are random pics! Here's Dmitri napping today.
He slept like this for awhile.So he was sitting on the potty watching
Sesame Street. I was folding laundry and
he was just cracking up!
I looked up and he was laughing at Elmo
fighting with a shade.
It was adorable! And he laughed everytime
I'd rewind it.

3 comments:

  1. Dmitri is so cute watching Sesame Street. The first time Noah laughed at TV it was Curious George sledding and he loved it. It's so fun to listen to them laughing at something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craft room is so cute!! You are so creative.
    I'm glad the baby shower was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love your sewing space, I am quite jealous, I hate taking my stuff in and out all of the time! And Dmitri is darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete