About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Monday, October 19, 2009

A slow day

That got off to a good start!
An early start though.
Daniel got a phone call at 5 this morning
{geh}
saying he was called off - and didn't
have to go into work today.

He's been quite lucky with his work
schedule.

So back to sleep.

He actually got up with Dmitri this
morning - which was really nice.
So I got to sleep in another hour.
Ahhh....
:}

I spent most of the morning/afternoon
looking at yarns and craft ideas.
I'm into the grannie square right now,
and wanting to make a blanket - so I
finally decided to start today.

So far so good.
Which means I spent my night doing thisI also made a table runner - which
didn't turn out as pretty as I'd hoped.
Blah. But it did mean that I got to use
my new sewing area!Ummm... so I had hopes that this sewing
area meant that I'd have a little bit
of peace - or less little hands grabbing
up at things. Yea... no.

Dmitri was in full force! He actually would
climb onto my chair and stand behind me.
Or try and climb on my lap.
Or try to grab things off the table while
standing next to me.
Anytime I stood up - then sat back down...
I sat on HIM!
Holy moly - this child.
I was semi okay with it - he was curious - but
I had to put a stop to it when he stood
behind me and proceeded to pull strands
of my hair out of my ponytail. And not the
okay strands. No. The sensitive ones on
the underneath part of your hair that meets
the back of your neck.
It hurt! And he laughed. And wouldn't stop.
So I kicked him out. Or sent him into his room
to harass Daniel XD
Oh my - I love that boy. When he's not
pulling my hair.

*he also climbed onto my sewing machine
{when I moved it so I could cut my runner squares}
to get to the kitchen counters - and help himself
to a glass of water.

Oh - my table worked great - so that made me
happy!

And that was about it. Cleaned a little - watched
some tv with Daniel once Dmitri was down for the
night - and now blogging.

Dmitri is still sippy free during naps and bedtime.
Well - Daniel snuck a sippy in during one of Dmitri's
naps. Mmm hmmm....

Dmitri has a new word{s} now. It's "do it."
Like if he wants me to open something, or
help him with something - he says "do it!"
Kind of cute.
{we're still working on 'please' and 'thank you':}
And he says "stop." Which apparently only works
when he says it. Because when I tell him to stop
climbing on the table - or stop dumping out
his snacks - he just looks at me, smiles and
keeps doing it. Haha or tells me to stop! Needless
to say - he spent some time in time out today.

But he likes to play car crash with me - so
we had some fun with that!
I've already started thinking of his Santa list.
So far I have; tools, a big dump truck or truck
and a chair or rocking chair.

The list is growing...... along with one for me
and Daniel!
I love Santa :}

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a cool table runner. Good job on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew is the same way. Into EVERYTHING. Ugh, and I HATE the hair pulling. SARA!! Why aren't you selling these wonderful sewing creations! I am LOVING the table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot, I'll email you the pumpkin cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete