About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Friday, October 30, 2009

A beachy kind of day!

Well.... today we went to the beach!
I took my camera - hoping to take a lot
of pics - but only ended up with three :[We haven't been in the water for a long
while! So I spent our entire 2 hours
playing in that water.
It felt so nice.

I had a brief moment of forgetting we
were in the ocean when a small fish
swam past me. My heart jumped for a
second :}

Anyways - Dmitri loved it. Daniel loved
it. And I loved it.
Dmitri has started kicking his legs when he's in
the water. I want to get him some water wings
and see how he does.
He's pretty much always loved the water,
and hates that we hold him. He would love
to take off and swim on his own.
Too bad.

But we got there and left before the rain
came. Literally - right when we were driving
out it started coming down. It made for a
nice drive home.
Right now the sky is hazy. It's because the
volcanos on the big island are blowing.
I guess this time every year it does it - with
sends ash and haze our way.
AKA vog.
If I turn my AC up really high - and make
myself believe it's chilly out - it almost feels
and looks like CA during Christmas.
:]

That was pretty much our day.
Which was nice.

Tonight we just did the usual. Dinner - then
get ready for bed.
Tonight when Dmitri was in the bathtub,
he showed me what he learned from watching
Sesame Street.
He has these foam blocks that he plays with
in the tub, and he started lining them up.
So I started counting them. I'd say "1,2" and
he stopped and starts pointing to his eyes.
I did it again and he he pointed to his eyes, nose
and ears.
Then I realized there's an episode where Elmo
and Abby Cadabby are talking about the ways
they are similar.
And they say we have "1,2 eyes. 1 nose.. etc."
I thought it was pretty dang cute.
He has also picked up some mad dance skills.
When the 'Murray Has a Little Lamb' and
'Elmos World' songs start - I'll start dancing, and
he has started to dance too.
The first day he did it on his own - Daniel was
there and he said at first he thought Dmitri
was having a seizure! Lol poor guy. Hopefully
his skills will improve with time. But it's really
the cutest thing ever!

Here are just some random shots of Dmitri
playing in his 'tunnel' tonight.Oh - I also made some delish low fat cupcakes!
I did the old school - egg whites and light mayo.
Works like a charm - and they come out tasting
the same!
So woot woo - love me some cupcakes!

This past week I haven't made it to bed before
1. And tonight's the same. It's currently 1:30AM...

2 comments:

  1. It must be nice to go to the beach whenever you want. It's like a 2 hour drive for us. Andrew has never been to a California beach. Which in a way, it's like, he's not missing much. Actually not true, there are some nice beaches in Southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monterrey and Stinson are nice! Still kind of far - but not So Cal :D

    ReplyDelete