Unheard of!
At least at our house.
{poor Daniel!}
So that's why I didn't post - even though
I meant to.
Daniel and I had a little date night - at
home.
He rented 'I Love You Man' and 'Year 1'
'I Love you Man' was actually pretty cute,
if you can get past some of the references....
and 'Year 1' wasn't too bad. Not as funny as
I thought it would be. But there was a fantastic
part involving hanging upside down and
having to pee. Umm... I just about died it
was HILARIOUS!!
So before the movie - I sent Daniel out to
get an ottoman I found on craigslist.
We'd been wanting to find a large ottoman
to replace our coffee table. It seems Dmitri
hurts himself on it just about everyday, and
no joke, it hurts so bad resting your legs on
it for more then 15 minutes!
We usually use pillows to soften the blow. I
was watching 'Color Splash' the other day
and learned that your coffee table isn't supposed
to be higher then your sofa. Which may have
been why resting our legs on it hurt so bad!
Our coffee table was slightly higher then our
sofa.
Anywhos - so I saw this ottoman on craigslist,
and it was $45! Wha?! Yes. And it's 4' by 3'.
Perfect size! It's micro suede - which isn't my
favorite - because in my opinion it doesn't wear
well.
But I couldn't resist at $45! We've been looking
for one for the past 6 month - and here they're
few in far between. But when we did find one the
right size it was $200+.
{and with micro suede you can see everytime someone touches it}
It has a few spots on it - and I'm not keen on
the metal feet {so I bought some wood ones
that I'm going to paint black}. Also it doesn't
match too well with our current sofa. But we're
looking to switch out our sofa in the next couple
months for a nice big one with a chaise lounge.
Mmmm - can't wait!
So onto other decorating things.
Back when I was 6 or 7 - one of my primary
classrooms had this picture hanging in it - and
I always loved it!
It's a picture of Christ surrounded by some children.
Well when we were in UT at the distribution center,
I saw the picture there. It wasn't a framed one - but
I knew I had to get it for Dmitri!
I wanted it hanging in his room. Looking at it back then
always made me feel safe and happy - and I want
Dmitri to have the same feeling.
So I brought it home and framed it - then hung it up.
It didn't look right hanging all by itself - so I went
and bought some words to hang with it.
Now it doesn't look so odd now that it has company!
And I have to say - when I hung it up, Dmitri was standing
there watching me. He looked at the picture - and no joke -
it sounded like he said 'Jesus!' Haha I wont lie -it kind of
creeped me out.
But maybe he's still young enough to remember
being with Christ before he was born... ;)

And Dmitri snoozing in his room.
Dmitri's imagination has been getting bigger
and bigger lately!
He has been playing with some interesting 'toys.'
Here are some pics of him playing the last few days.
The enjoyment with the CD's has lasted a few days now...
He also found some nail polish to play with.... and
store for safe keeping
Back in the day - my sisters and I liked making
box wagons. And I guess that joy hasn't left me.
I brought my Costco groceries home in this box
the other day - and realized what an awesome
wagon it would make!
So I set it out and dragged Dmitri around in it
yesterday. He loved it - especially being spun around
in circles! So this morning he was pulling it himself,
but the box was empty. So I put some of his
friends in for him to pull. Well... he decided he'd
sit with them - and that meant I got to pull them all
around the house...
This is how he drinks out of his cup lately.
No hands!
Please excuse Tigger's dirtiness. He's my
chicken pox Tigger from when I was 5. Dmitri
loves him.
Like I've mentioned before - Dmitri
is a climber.
So I just now had the brillant idea of moving
one of our bins and make him a tunnel to
crawl through. He loves it - and I can't believe
it took me this long to think to do it!
{some more of his odd toys - a mascara tube and
one of Daniel's ID cards... and that cord has since
been moved!}

I spent some time today doing some more baby
proofing.
Dmitri can now reach into the kitchen draws.
One of which is full of knives. I don't have anywhere
else to put them - so I figured I'd just stick a
safety latch on the draw. It was a pain - but it
worked and that means it was worth it!
I was too lazy to clean out the draw while screwing
the latch on - so it was full of knives.
I didn't notice until I was done that I had been
resting my arm on the sharp side of a butcher
knife.... yikes! Luckily no blood - just a nice
imprint. I'm dumb...
Okay - Dmitri LOVES giving kisses! But they're
wet kisses! And he thinks that is even more
hilarious!
So here's a video of Dmitri giving wet kisses.
Please excuse my double chin in some of these
shots :} And my greasy hair!!
Alright - date night continued. We rented 'The
Proposal.' I've seen it - Daniel hasn't. It's the
cutest most fantastic movie! You must see :)
{poor Daniel!}
So that's why I didn't post - even though
I meant to.
Daniel and I had a little date night - at
home.
He rented 'I Love You Man' and 'Year 1'
'I Love you Man' was actually pretty cute,
if you can get past some of the references....
and 'Year 1' wasn't too bad. Not as funny as
I thought it would be. But there was a fantastic
part involving hanging upside down and
having to pee. Umm... I just about died it
was HILARIOUS!!
So before the movie - I sent Daniel out to
get an ottoman I found on craigslist.
We'd been wanting to find a large ottoman
to replace our coffee table. It seems Dmitri
hurts himself on it just about everyday, and
no joke, it hurts so bad resting your legs on
it for more then 15 minutes!
We usually use pillows to soften the blow. I
was watching 'Color Splash' the other day
and learned that your coffee table isn't supposed
to be higher then your sofa. Which may have
been why resting our legs on it hurt so bad!
Our coffee table was slightly higher then our
sofa.
Anywhos - so I saw this ottoman on craigslist,
and it was $45! Wha?! Yes. And it's 4' by 3'.
Perfect size! It's micro suede - which isn't my
favorite - because in my opinion it doesn't wear
well.
But I couldn't resist at $45! We've been looking
for one for the past 6 month - and here they're
few in far between. But when we did find one the
right size it was $200+.
{and with micro suede you can see everytime someone touches it}
It has a few spots on it - and I'm not keen onthe metal feet {so I bought some wood ones
that I'm going to paint black}. Also it doesn't
match too well with our current sofa. But we're
looking to switch out our sofa in the next couple
months for a nice big one with a chaise lounge.
Mmmm - can't wait!
So onto other decorating things.
Back when I was 6 or 7 - one of my primary
classrooms had this picture hanging in it - and
I always loved it!
It's a picture of Christ surrounded by some children.
Well when we were in UT at the distribution center,
I saw the picture there. It wasn't a framed one - but
I knew I had to get it for Dmitri!
I wanted it hanging in his room. Looking at it back then
always made me feel safe and happy - and I want
Dmitri to have the same feeling.
So I brought it home and framed it - then hung it up.
It didn't look right hanging all by itself - so I went
and bought some words to hang with it.
Now it doesn't look so odd now that it has company!
And I have to say - when I hung it up, Dmitri was standing
there watching me. He looked at the picture - and no joke -
it sounded like he said 'Jesus!' Haha I wont lie -it kind of
creeped me out.
But maybe he's still young enough to remember
being with Christ before he was born... ;)

And Dmitri snoozing in his room.
Dmitri's imagination has been getting biggerand bigger lately!
He has been playing with some interesting 'toys.'
Here are some pics of him playing the last few days.
The enjoyment with the CD's has lasted a few days now...He also found some nail polish to play with.... and
store for safe keeping
Back in the day - my sisters and I liked makingbox wagons. And I guess that joy hasn't left me.
I brought my Costco groceries home in this box
the other day - and realized what an awesome
wagon it would make!
So I set it out and dragged Dmitri around in it
yesterday. He loved it - especially being spun around
in circles! So this morning he was pulling it himself,
but the box was empty. So I put some of his
friends in for him to pull. Well... he decided he'd
sit with them - and that meant I got to pull them all
around the house...
This is how he drinks out of his cup lately.No hands!
Please excuse Tigger's dirtiness. He's my
chicken pox Tigger from when I was 5. Dmitri
loves him.
Like I've mentioned before - Dmitriis a climber.
So I just now had the brillant idea of moving
one of our bins and make him a tunnel to
crawl through. He loves it - and I can't believe
it took me this long to think to do it!
{some more of his odd toys - a mascara tube and
one of Daniel's ID cards... and that cord has since
been moved!}

I spent some time today doing some more babyproofing.
Dmitri can now reach into the kitchen draws.
One of which is full of knives. I don't have anywhere
else to put them - so I figured I'd just stick a
safety latch on the draw. It was a pain - but it
worked and that means it was worth it!
I was too lazy to clean out the draw while screwing
the latch on - so it was full of knives.
I didn't notice until I was done that I had been
resting my arm on the sharp side of a butcher
knife.... yikes! Luckily no blood - just a nice
imprint. I'm dumb...
Okay - Dmitri LOVES giving kisses! But they're
wet kisses! And he thinks that is even more
hilarious!
So here's a video of Dmitri giving wet kisses.
Please excuse my double chin in some of these
shots :} And my greasy hair!!
Alright - date night continued. We rented 'The
Proposal.' I've seen it - Daniel hasn't. It's the
cutest most fantastic movie! You must see :)




Sweet deal on your ottoman. It's way easy to reupholster so don't rule that out. If you wanted, you could just buy a canvas material and staple gun it over your current fabric. Just a thought :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the picture of his little legs and feet as he's climbing into the box.
ReplyDeleteI like that ottoman. Those kinds are so comfortable and you can use it as extra seating when you have people over.
Hmm - I might keep an eye out for some nice fabric! Not a bad idea Rachael :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I think I need to purchase a staple gun. They seem fantastic!!