About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Popcorn Popping

Nothing terribly exciting today.

Daniel woke up with Dmitri - so I got to
sleep in a little.
It was pretty nice :)

Then we took a family trip to Target. We
bought Dmitri the cutest pair of jeans!
They're straight leg {slightly skinny maybe}
and they are to die for! XD

We also bought him a Magna Doodle for the
plane ride.
Right now he's upset the pen doesn't detach
from the Magna Doodle - so hopefully he
forgets about that on the plane.

I ended up having to revise his backpack.
Well... make a whole new one.
Same pocket fabric and straps {which was
an old belt of mine} but the main fabric is
a gray canvas now.
The first pb was a little too small for the
Magna Doodle - so I figured why not make
a new one.
I'm a lot happier with the second.

It's a really basic bag. I just sewed two pieces
of rectangular fabric together. Well first I sewed the
front pocket on the front piece and inserted some elastic.
Then before I sewed the sides I pinned the
straps in.
So sew right sides together - with straps
inside.
Lol I'm bad at this - so I hope it makes sense!
Anyways - here's pics of the new bag.
I still need to cut the strings.
Almost forgot! I SLICED my finger today.
I was working on another bag - and
was cutting the fabric with the rotary cutter.
Yea - totally missed and it went right into
my finger.
Slight wooziness and instant bleeding.

Daniel wrapped it for me. And I've had a
nice large bandage on it all day.
I took the bandage off tonight, and the flap
of skin seems to be reattached. I just hope
it stays there!
I rinsed it right after it happened - and the
flap was flapping with the water.
It was creepy.
I predict there will be bruising tomorrow.
Uck - gives me shivers thinking about it again.
Bleck.
Obviously - the gray circle is my outline of the cut.
To show how deep it is.... :}
Oh - and here's a video of Dmitri laughing.
I love it!
:)

5 comments:

  1. BLEH! I got woozy and vomit-y just reading your story about your finger! I can't stand human blood stuff!

    I love the video of Dmitri - it cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute backpack. Thanks for the tutorial :) Sorry about your finger!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ew! The flap was flapping in the water. Gross. I sliced my finger (well it's more paper cut size) while getting a nice fingerful of Nutella. But it still really hurt.
    Love the backpack, maybe we will have to get Andrew a Magna Doodle for our LONG car ride to Utah in November.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pics of Dmitri! That is cute thing you made for him, the backpack for his travling his fun toys! We can't wait to seeing you guys next week! That is cute laugh of Dmitri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. darling bag! (of course :)
    yuck - i hate blood - and skin flaps!
    Dmitri's laugh is SO cute! plus - what a great leg workout.

    ReplyDelete