About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

UPDATED! ********** HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE DIMA WEEMA!!

I added party pics - more below :]My little Dmitri turned 1 today!
Ugh - I can't even believe it.

Well - on one hand it seems like
forever ago that he was born, and
on the other hand it seems like
yesterday, and I can recount all the
moments that led up to his wonderful
arrival!

Dmitri has been such a blessing in
our lives.
He is so much more then I ever
thought he would be.
I never thought kids would be this
much fun and rewarding.

And it seems like he's always been here.

At 1 year old, he is quite the mover
and shaker.
Here are some of his accomplishments;

He walks and is pretty much running, he 'talks'
  • Mama
  • Dad
  • Who's that
  • Hello "ayOh"
  • Uh oh
  • Yea [repeatedly - all day]
  • What's that
  • More "mo"
And sometimes he says something that
sounds like "I love you"
He'll repeat a word here and there,
but usually just repeats it once.
Tonight I got him to repeat 'toe' 4 times.
And then he started laughing and wouldn't
say it again.
Ohwell.
:]

He CLIMBS!
He climbs on anything and everything.
He climbs onto the sofa, ottomons,
beds and chairs.
He finds things he can use as ladders
to get what he wants/needs.
He knows what he wants.
He will led you outside when he wants to
go outside and play.
He'll choose between things he wants;
a goldfish over a cheerio, or juice over milk.
And he'll sometimes sign "more"
He waves and claps - and sings and hums.
He feeds himself and is conquering eating
with utensils.
He's pooped on the potty - but mostly
just uses it for reading time or playing with
the toilet paper roll.
He enjoys putting blocks and toys into
buckets, and anything in the electronics
category.
He loves Murray from Sesame Street
but otherwise is not into tv yet.
He LOVES music. He will stop whatever
he's doing to find where the music is
coming from.
He dances and loves to be sung too.
He also loves to be chased and play hide
and seek.
{And he always hides in the same spot :}
He loves to be tickled and have his back
scratched. He still enjoys bathtime, and
he's certain he knows how to swim.

He loves to be thrown around, and hung
upside down, and this boy LOVES salt!
No sweets - just salty things.

One thing he hasn't gotten over, is that
he still just snacks or grazes his food.

But some good things are; he hasn't
had a bottle in about 3 months - just
a sippy or a cup with a straw.
{or a can of soda if he's sneaky}
He also gave up his pacifier at about
5 months.
He sleeps through the night - and most
nights goes down without a fight.
He has been a dream child! Except
when he doesn't get his way - or isn't
allowed to be nosey.
He is the nosiest person I have ever met.

So that's Dmitri :)

We had a small birthday party for him.
He had a good time - such a good time in
fact, that he was out the minute we drove
off, and was dead to the world for almost
3 hours!
We changed him from his trunks and
swimmer diaper into shorts and a real
diaper - and he didn't wake up once!
Lol so that was nice for us :)

I'm sad to report that he wasn't into his
cake. I got a couple pics of him with a
frosting covered face - but they were all
he'd give me. I told Daniel I should have
made him a goldfish and cheeto cake.
He would have devoured that in a second.Here are some pics from the party - and
Dmitri from birth to now!
And here's the link to Dmitri's birth story
if you're interested.
Brand new!3 weeksOne month6 weeks2 months3 months4 months5 months6 months7 months8 months9 months10 months11 months1 year!I seriously have over 6000 pics of him....
:}

So our weekend was good.
My Saturday night SUCKED though.
I had gone running - and pushed myself
pretty good.
I was so proud of myself - but once I
got home, my stomach started hurting.
I've heard of getting stomach aches
from overexerting yourself - but I
decided to look it up anyways.
Apparently when you push your body
more then it's ready for, blood stops
flowing to the intestines - and instead
flows to the muscles that are in need.

So that then causes stomach upset.
Well I found out later that I also ate the
worst thing you can eat 24 hours before
running.
I had a milkshake.
Apparently diary is a no no.
Well I spent most of Saturday night with
my head over the toilet. It sucked.
Luckily there was no actual puke - just
some dry heaves and a killer stomach
ache. Lovely huh? :)

But better today.

Also - I've been tracking a hurricane that's
headed our direction.
It's now been downgraded to a tropical
storm {thank goodness} but still scary!

Thursday it was a category 4, and now
is a category 1 - but will break up as
it moves to cooler waters near the islands.

Thank you Lord!
And yes - I've been praying!!

Still though - we've been getting a few
supplies ready.
We made a run on Thursday to get some
stuff. And then filled up some water
jugs.
The biggest thing we're hoping right now
{other then the storm totally going away}
is that the power doesn't go out.
I guess there's one or two power grids on
the island - so when one spot goes out,
the whole island goes out. Awesome......

I told Daniel that I think the joy of living
in Hawaii has worn off.
It has too many potential natural disasters.
Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis
and volcanoes. I'm sure typhoons and of
course terenchal rain and flooding.
I've said it before - I opt to live in places
that have 2 to 0 potential natural disasters.
Ay yi yi.....

Oh so Thursday we also got my birthday
present!
It's a BIKE!
Woot woo!
I wanted a cruiser bike, and found a cheap
one at Wal-Mart.
I've ridden it a few times - and it's
quite fun.
It seriously brings me back to childhood
summers.
Love it.
Here's a pic of it off their website.
K - so since when do you have to register
a bike?
Maybe it's something you've always had
to do - but I didn't realize because my
parent's always did the bike purchasing.
But I had to fill out a registration form at
Wal-Mart - and pay $15 to register it!

Apparently I get a sticker in the mail
that I have to put on my bike and keep
on it at all times.
Dumb.

Anywhos - night!

8 comments:

  1. Awwww...that was so cute! I seriously got a little teary reading about Dmitri and looking at all of his pictures. I hope he had a fun birthday!

    Oh and I looove your bike!! I'm so jealous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Dmitri!!!! He is so adorable. I love his little baby pictures. He looks the same and so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was such a cute post. LOVE the age progression pictures. makes me wish i had kept better pictures with andrews age written on them. happy birthday dmitri!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Dmitri! Now you have joined the over 1 year club with Sophie. As for the Bike registration, that must be a HI thing. I have never heard of registering a bike. Maybe it is because the get stolen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute with cake all over his face. Too bad he wasn't more into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to comment again since you updated... :)

    I love the pics! You should be a photographer! It doesn't hurt that Dmitri such a little studnick - sooo frickin cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Cute!! We had a blast! Dmitri is such a sweet kid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday To Dmitri!!!~ WOW I can't belive he is one year old ! We love his baby pictures alot! You always doing a great Job taking fun pics! They are so cute!! I"m so glad he have a fun B-day this year!~ Dmitri is so happy all the time and so sweet boy!!~ We are so Excited to see you guys next month!!~ YAY!! PS. I love that pics of his face when he ate that yummy cake. That cake is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete