About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Monday, August 3, 2009

Getting back into the swing of things...

So I uploaded these pics a couple days ago...
but never got to finishing!
So here goes.

So not much to write about from last Thursday.
I got totally wrapped up in the
Real Housewives of Atlanta marathon Bravo
had going... so I spent my WHOLE afternoon
watching that :}

Last Thursday was National Cheesecake Day.
So hopefully you all hit up your local
Cheesecake Factory for some half priced
cheesecake!
We tried - but Daniel ended up with a wonky
schedule that day - he he didn't get off at an
appropriate dining hour.
So maybe next year!
:]

Friday Daniel spent the afternoon and evening
{probably the morning too}
having a LAN party. If you don't know what
that is - count yourself lucky.
Seriously.

I'm in a group appropriately called
'The LAN Party Widows'
Our hubbies love the computer.

So he did that.
Dmitri and I hung out - and I made
a grocery trip.
That's always exciting.
:}

So Friday night was I ready to hop on the
next plane heading to the Mainland.
I hate all things creepy crawly - when
they're in my house.
So I'm getting ready for bed - and that
means rummaging through my closet for
a night shirt.
Yea - freakin' gecko comes shooting out
of my folded clothes.
Gah!
{their speed totally creeps me out}
So a bit of freaked outness.

Then I go into the bathroom - like 30
seconds later - turn on the lights - and
find a FAT cockroach chillin' in the middle
of the floor.
Yea - that did me in.

I got Daniel and he at least attempted to
get the cockroach. No luck though.
It scurried through the world's smallest
window crack.
I hate them.

I went into the living room while Daniel
was trying for the cockroach.
My foot skimmed something and I jumped
like 4 feet off the ground.
It was Dmitri's toothpaste tube....

Saturday morning Daniel went to help
out at church.
He had signed up to talk to the kids about
his mission - and about St. Pete's, Russia.
{where he served his mission}

He really enjoyed it - and had fun chatting
with the kids. Because seriously - kids say
the darnedest things.
:}

He had a busy day. He had to work at 3,
so he basically went from church - to work.

But the good - and not so good thing.
He called in to see if they still needed him.
Usually the shift that he was scheduled for
gets called off.
So he called - and was on the schedule.
So he reluctantly goes in - just to find out
they didn't need him - and sent him home.

So a whole drive and back wasted. BOO!
But he was happy to be off.
And he got to come home and play on the
computer.
"My husband's name is Daniel, and he's
a computer gameaholic."

Sunday we went to church.
We were 20 mins late for Sacrament - but
the good thing about living in HI is they're
on HI time! Lol so church started 10minutes
late - and we made it to Sacrament!
Booyah!

{I just took a minute snooze - I'm fading quick}

But Dmitri did great at church!
We did not have to take him out once during
Sacrament! And he made it until the last 10
minutes of Sunday School - and last 20 of
Relief Society.
Lol so we're making progress!

So while in Relief Society - Dmitri took
off to play with his friend Isaac.
I let him go because he was playing
quietly - and staying put.
Well all the sudden one of the ladies in
there grabs him and pulls him away from
something.

She wasn't able to grab him at first and he
was putting up a fight - so I was kind of
confused as to what she was doing.

Well I go over to get him - and Oh.
There's a working dog laying on the floor!
Dmitri kept attacking it.
Poor pup.

So that was the last 20 minutes - in which
I had to remove him from the room because
he was screaming.
Meh.

Sunday night I went jogging.
It went well - until my last stretch.
I was trying to pass an unaware couple
who were pushing a stroller and taking up
the whole sidewalk while doing it.

I made attempts to go around them,
with no luck.
So I run up onto the grass - and back down
to the pavement.
Yea - totally tripped on a bump and fell
down on ALL fours right in front of them.
I like to laugh at other's clumsy misfortune,
so I'm sure I got laughed at.
Thank goodness for headphones.
;)

Well I stand up and compose myself - not
looking back - and just start running again.
Lol had to save face!
But yes - quite the humbling experience.

Well Monday was MY BIRTHDAY!

I turned to big 26. And I'm not super
excited about it.

Daniel got called into work that morning - so
he wasn't home to celebrate with Dmitri and me.

But he did get off in time for some dinner!

We hit up Cheesecake Factory with some
lovely friends!
Dmitri loves his peeps.

The kids {there were 3} did great.
They enjoyed themselves - and ate s0me
delish food along with us.
UUuuuhhhh Tuxedo Cheesecake - my fave!

Well no presents for me yet - but hopefully
we'll pick it up tomorrow.

So yes.

Oh we were behind an accident on the
way there.
We were in stop and go traffic - and all the
sudden I hear a bang - and then through
the windows of the car in front of us - I see
the car in front of them jerk forward - and
then back.
Oops.
Glad we weren't a few more cars behind them!
Lol or in front of them.
But luckily it was nothing serious.

Today - Dmitri and I got to hang out with
Miss Ava!
We watched her for a few hours - and she
was such a delight!

Dmitri felt to need to sit on her lap a few times.
He doesn't understand that he probably outweighs
her by 5 lbs.
And of course all his toys he wasn't interested
in before - he had renewed interest in once
she started to play with them.
Sigh - kids.
:}

Here's some 1 year pics of Dmitri!
This is the bday card my friend Heather made me!
:DHere's Dmitri and me trying on Daniel's Russian hatscontinued...Booyah - we're awesome!
X}My 'accident'
:}
Mmmhmmm.
Goodnight!

9 comments:

  1. Eeesh! I'm sorry about your legs! That looks painful...and humiliating. I always manage to do dumb stuff like that.

    Happy Birthday, by the way! I'm so bad at that stuff. I'm glad yout got to get some deelish food! :D

    I can't wait to see D's birthday pics? Are you gonna give him a little cake and let him go to town?! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dmitri looks so cute in his pictures. He is so big and his little vans are soo stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you did fall!! oh my gosh, i would have laughed if i saw it happen. so i guess that's a good thing, but i am sorry it happened.
    dmitri is getting so big!! wow!! he looks like a little kid in his cute shorts.
    can't wait to see what you got for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday sara!!~~ Sounds like fun on ur b-day on monday! What you got fro ur birthday from daniel? I"m so glad you had a fun day on ur B-day. Cute pictures of Dmitri and he is getting so big!!wow!! I can't belive he will be ONE yeard old this sunday. What you doing his B-day this sunday sara? I"m sure he will love a cake and ice cream too!! ( I'm so sorry about your fall and I hope u will getting better that is not way fun at all. That happend to me when I was a little girl long time ago. I was runing outside at school and samething. We can't wait to seeing u guys next month!!~ YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sara,
    I deleted that comment becasue I press two tiems my comment to you . Sorry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's a shame there are roaches on the mainland too - ugh. i think they are satan's henchmen. nasty. glad ur b-day was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness!! My poor, poor Sara!!!
    Sadly- I too enjoy peoples pain ;]
    But I can also laugh at myself. If that were to happen to me I wouldn't have been able to get up...I would have been laughing too hard lol.

    But that looks like it hurts :[
    Feel better!!!!!

    p.s-Just when I think it's not possible for your son to get any cuter...there he goes upping the cuteness factor :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually laugh out loud when I read your posts, it's great! And I am thinking I need you to take some pics of Ava, you are so good at it! i am lucky if I don't cut off her head at the top and I know nothing about lighting!! :P Dmitri looks absolutely adorable in his 1 year pics!!

    ReplyDelete