About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Too many sweets tonight...

barf.

Soo...yes... blogging.
No reason I've been MIA.
I just haven't felt like typing.

But my little sisters got me on
Facebook - so here it is
Cassie & Candice - I'm blogging
for you.

My sweet little buttercups.
X}

So Friday.
I don't remember Friday.
Maybe I will further along in
this post.

Saturday Daniel, Dmitri and I
drove up to Laie.
It's up near the North Shore - but
to the east. And it's a LONG drive
with one lane in and one lane out
the entire way up there.

Though long - it is a GORGEOUS
drive! You drive along the coast
pretty much the whole way, and
pass some awesome beaches.

Well Laie is where the LDS temple is,
and the temple is where the
distribution center is.
Which is what we needed.
Lol and the only reason we went.

So we drive and drive - and get
there.
Get out, walk around, find the
entrance to the Distribution Center,
CLOSED.
NOOO!

I was seriously bugged.
So I sat down and took a few deep
breathes
{to suppress the annoyance}
and Daniel yells - "Here it is!"

Booyah!

So we went to the wrong door.
I guess the other one was for
Genealogy.
Oops.
:}

So we got what we needed - and
off we went - back home.
Dmitri enjoyed the ride.....
Sigh... oh to be in Utah and drive
5 mins to reach several Distribution
Centers.
Ohwell.

One excitement {kind of} on the way
home, there was a commotion on the
right sidewalk area of the rode.

I couldn't see anything - but there
was a group of people standing
around something - and an ambulance,
firetruck, and some police.
Intriguing!

We drove about a mile - and coming
towards us was another firetruck
{with a boat attached}
a few more police and another
ambulance.
OOoo! Getting good!
Maybe there was a shark attack?!

Sad, scary, but exciting - yea?

Well I had to wait until we got home
to solve the mystery.
I pull up the website for local news,
and... NOTHING!
It was an old lady that went hiking
and sprained her ankle!
BOOO!
And how embarrassing...?

That whole scene - and you only
have a sprained ankle.
:}

Anywhos -
We got stuck in some traffic on the
way back - but luckily we got home
in time to meet up with friends at
the beach!
Yay!

Dan and Nate went surfing - and
apparently there were some nice
waves!
They came back pooped!
That and Chelsea and I jumped in
the water once the guys got back,
and were almost {or were} taken
out a couple times.

But Chelsea and I mostly stayed
with the kiddes and chatted.
Dmitri decided the best thing to
do at the beach is try to go through
strangers beach bags.
Geh.

One lady was nice enough to give
him a little Hershey bar.
EEee...
Not my ideal hush treat - but okay.
{And it was in the original wrappers:}
So he had a good time with his delicious
sandy candy bar.

Saturday night Daniel and Nate
took the kids - and Chelsea and I went
the see The Proposal. OMGsh - if you
haven't seen it - GO SEE IT!
So SO cute!!
Loved it.

So Saturday was good.

Sunday morning wasn't so good.
We woke up on time - but it was one
of those fuzzy mornings.
Slow going - and your brain wont
work - or your eyes.

So Daniel couldn't find any of his
white shirts - so we stayed home.
And took a 4 hours nap.

That evening Nate & Chelsea invited
us over for ribs. OMGsh - delish!!

So we had dinner - and then played
Trivial Pursuit. We all... uhh... did
awesome.....
Yea - it took about an hour for any
of us to even get ONE triangle.
:]

Dmitri and Ava had a good time
playing together.
Dmitri kept trying to take Ava's
hair clip out of her hair - but ended
up just pulling her hair. Which then
looked like he was trying to fix it.
:}
K - I stole these from their blog.These two are darling together.
:]

MMm Monday.
Daniel worked Monday night - so
he slept a good portion of the day.

I did make a Costco run for some
groceries.
On my way home I got a text from
Daniel saying;
"Dmitri wont stop crying, come home soon"
Not the text you want to get.
So of course my brain starts racing and
goes into worried mom mode.
I thought something was horribly wrong
with him - and we'd have to run him
to the doctor.

Daniel said he tried everything - but
Dmitri would not calm down.
So I get home - and Daniel's holding
Dmitri - and Dmitri's crying and his
eyes are swollen and red.

I held him and tried to comfort him,
but no luck. He'd stop for a second,
then start crying again.

I touched his hands, arms, head - nothing.
Then I squeezed his foot and he cried
more then pulled it away. But he'd
bare weight on it just fine.

So I think he woke up with his foot
asleep and it freaked him out.
That and he downed some milk FAST!
Then let out 3 HUGE burps!

I think all that crying made him
thirsty and hungry.

So that's what I'm assuming happened.
And no problems since then.

Tuesday Chelsea and I went for our
morning walk.
When Dmitri and I left the house, it
was fairly sunny with little clouds.
By the time we got out and were
actually walking - it was totally
overcast and moist air - then rain.

It started out with sprinkles - so
Chelsea and I figured we'd brave it.
But then it came down harder - and
there was a lot more of it.

So we took refuge under a big tree, then
decided to go home when it started
coming down sideways.

Oh my - we got pretty soaked.
It was running down my arms - and
running into my eyes.
Luckily Dmitri and Ava were loving
it!
I think Ava did her own rendition of
Singing in the Rain!
:D

But we made it home in one piece.
{and later in the afternoon I ran to the PX}
{{in case anyone wanted to know}}
{{{Daniel watched Dmitri - and I went with Chelsea & Ava}}}
{{{{for a darker foundation. Be jealous Janine;}}}}
{{{{{Janine's my older sister... by the way}}}}}

Okay - caught up!

This morning I watched two girls from our ward.

They were adorable - and SO well
behaved!
Dmitri LOVED having them over.

And good thing they have a little
brother a few months older then Dmitri,
because they didn't mind Dmitri getting
into their things - and trying to eat their
Cheetos.
:}

I decided a fun craft for them would
be making dolls!
But I opted for MERMAID DOLLS!

They helped me cut the fabric and sew
them together. Then they stuffed them
and drew their faces on.

Here they are with their dolls
YochabelleHannahDmitri wanted to do everything
Belle and Hannah did.
They were coloring, and he stood
next to them and grabbed and marker
and started coloring on the paper.
It was so cute!

I wasn't fast enough to get a pic
though.
:[

So anyways - after dolls {which only
took and hour to make} we had a lot
of time left over.

So we colored and watched Bolt - then
some of Pocahontas.

That was our week.
Minus some Wal-mart, Target & more
Costco runs.

Dmitri gets to start whole milk tomorrow.
I'm kind of excited.
:]

Daniel's worked the night shift the last
few nights - but is off tonight.
He likes the shift okay because it's quiet
and the patients and easy because they're
sleeping.
But that means there's a lot of downtime.

He goes in tomorrow morning for a
random shift - and a meeting.

Then has a few more night shifts until
he's back to days.
Yay!

Randoms
Trying on Daniel's spare helmetOur drive to Laie
sorry the pics are meh. They were taken through a dirty window.
I took this from the temple. There are plumeria's all over the
ground here. My fave thing about Hawaii!!:)

5 comments:

  1. Soooo jealous of where you live. Your lovely, green pics make my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet to do such an awesome craft while watching the girls!

    Plumeria's are soooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sara! Those girls are soooo cute! Where did you find them? :0) hahah Thanks again for helping me, they now love you! I had to sit down and listen to them talking about you and Dimitri for a hour! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dolls are adorable, you are so very creative! And, I should email you all the pics of Ava and Dmitri, there are some other cute ones too!

    So...after reading this post I realized you are probably totally sick of us, you see us almost everyday, that HAS got to get old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. plumeria are my favorite thing about hawaii too. back in 2006 when matthew and i were on maui i bought some of the "plumeria sticks" to plant at home. well besides the fact that california climate isn't the same as hawaii, it looked like i had potted big poop pieces that looked like sticks.

    ReplyDelete