About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Monday, July 20, 2009

I fell asleep.

I was waiting for my pics to transfer - and
totally passed out last night!
I didn't even get to respond to emails.
I was woken up by Daniel at almost
4 am.

So here's all the stuff I meant to say yesterday.
Saturday we got off to a slow start.
We didn't really do much - and then napped.

But we made use out of our day and met up
with some faves at the beach!
Daniel got to try out his new board.
We didn't head out till
3:30 or 4 - and hurried out the door.
Well Daniel forgot his leash - and wax.

Luckily the beach we went to has rentals,
so he borrowed a leash - and rode his
board waxless. Which didn't work out so well.
He said he was sliding all over the place.

Sunday - we went to church in the morning.
Dmitri still will not sleep at church!
He is way to into the things going on and
the people.
We were off to a bad start when he started
fussing 10 mins into Sacrament.
So out the door we went...
Later in the day one of the counselors in
the Bishopric mentioned Dmitri's crying
{jokingly of course}
I had no idea Dmitri was bad enough that
they could hear him all the way up there!
Sigh.....

Well of course less then a minute
{totally not exaggerating that}
of getting him into his carseat, he's totally
passed out.
Double sigh....

He slept for a bit once we got home - and
Daniel and I tackled some cleaning.

I spent Sunday night making a duvet cover
for our bed.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
It's reversible - so it's white and teal on
one side - then white and dark gray
on the other.
I'll take a pic if I decided to make the bed
tomorrow.
Something I've never been sold on.

So today Daniel was off - and I took
advantage by getting my hair done!

He watched Dmitri - which was nice
because my hair took almost 3 hours!

I don't know why my hair always takes so
long. They always tell me how fine my hair
is - but then how much I have!
Apparently I have a lot of fine hair.
:}
So the girl mentioned these glittery
highlights I have in my hair. I had never
really noticed them - and she thought
they were pretty.
It took me a second to realize that they're
MY GRAY HAIRS!
They've just been dyed in my attempt
to hide them.
I guess if they come out pretty and
glittery - then I don't mind them too
much. As long as they stay highlightish.

So woohoo - go us!

Oh - we bought our tickets for our
trip back to UT!
So that's a pretty good stay.
And we'll be bringing our doggies back
with us!
I miss those girlies!
:)

Okay - well nothing much to report.
I could pass out right here and now [again]
but I have emails and Facebook to check.
Lata!

From the beach Saturday
Dmitri likes to climb on the side table now....
Okay - I found the best chocolate
chip cookie recipe.
Oddly enough it was on the back of the
flour bag.
But those puppies were good!
Here's Dmitri enjoying them
Cookie overload....
Woohoo - no more roots!
{for now:}

Oh - I need to add that I'm completely
stoked The Time Travelers Wife
has been made into a movie and it out
in August!
I LOVE that book!
So if someone's looking for a recommend,
that's it.
I will admit I haven't read the last two or
so chapters - because it seemed to not be ending
how I would have liked. But maybe it did end how
I'd like. So I should reread it.
I love that book!

Here are some pics I keep meaning to post!
Here's my darling niece Ashlyn with
the doll I made her
Here's adorable Miss Sophie opening hers!
And here's a sunset I took with my phone.
It was while walking out of Target a month ago

6 comments:

  1. When Zach was little, my parents dubbed him "The Screaming Baby from Hell"! HAHA! He was the fussiest and crankiest baby on the planet...until my exhausted, fed-up mom would take him to the doctor, where he was a complete angel...until they got back outside again. LOL! The whole church story reminded me of that. You should definitely make fun of Zach for it. Heh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dmitri and Hazel sound like they handled church exactly the same on Sunday. She was AWFUL then fell asleep as soon as she was in her car seat. Silly kids.

    Cute hair! I seriously found my first TWO gray hairs this week. I'm not very excited about them but at least we have hair color and bleach, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's funny, i'm currently reading the time traveler's wife and HATE it. i'm probably 1/5 of the way through and i'm turning it back into the library. sad, because i saw previews for the movie and that looked pretty good. now i'm not sure i'll even bother.
    andrew fusses during church too. and before he use to be really quiet so people ALWAYS look at us when he acts up.
    Oh, and PS. I am now our wards Home Enrichment LEADER. freaking out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie loves her Sara Doll. We have named her that so she can remember who gave it to her.

    As for church, Sophie makes it through sacrament ok but it is right after that when she loses it. So we have been taking a car ride and ditching Sunday School. I figure I wouldn't enjoy it with a fussy baby and this way Sophie can get some sleep. She is usually asleep before we pull out of the parking lot. 40 minute nap and then a happy baby for Relief Society.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute hair sara!! I like it alot. We are SO EXCITED to see you guys in the fall time we can't wait!! YAY!~ That is so excited you guys are coming up in utah. Fun to hanging out with u guys:) That picture of Dmiti with the cookie that is so funny. I'm sure he love those are cookies alot~! Fun pictures you took I love the last one it's so pretty~! We miss Hawaii alot! Miss you guys alot too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO! Heather - I'm so sad you hated it :[

    And - AC I'm adding it to my "Make Fun of Zach" list X}

    Lol and oh yes - thank goodness for hair color and bleach! I seriously started finding grays at 16. Scary! :[

    Umm Jennie - I think we might need to ditch Sunday School too! I like that plan! :D
    Especially if it means sleeping Dmitri!

    Thanks Tiffany! We're excited too!

    ReplyDelete