So today is the day for all things icky.
This morning I was making Dmitri
breakfast - he was at my feet as usual.
I looked down to talk to him - then back
up at the eggs on the stove - then
back down. But this time when I looked
down... there was a HUGE cockroach!
It had come out from under the stove
and was sitting there, right by Dmitri!
EEcckckk.
Luckily Daniel was off today so he came
in the kitchen and attempted to grab it
with a paper towel, but it picked up some
crazy speed and scurried under his legs
and under the laundry doors.
So we lost him.
I hate when there's a loose bug or rodent
or reptile - etc - roaming around the house.
I feel like I can't relax.
Well we took a family walk tonight - and
when we got back - the cockroach made
a reappearance. He flew off the curtains.
[I hate that they fly]
and onto the floor.
So Daniel grab a book and threw it on him.
Hopefully we're done with them.
This afternoon I had put Dmitri down for
a nap and was going through his drawers.
I looked outside and saw a bright green
gecko on the fence. I thought how cool
it'd be to see one closer so I could take a
pic - and all the sudden one pokes his
head out of our outside storage closet.
Lol I just hope they stay outside!

We didn't do much today. I went grocery
shopping - and Daniel participated in
a LAN party.
We went on our walk tonight. And stopped
to rent a movie on the way home.
Daniel rented Valkyrie.
I don't know how much he likes it - he's
playing video games on his phone while
watching it :}
Anywhos - while we were walking back
home, we were passing a school and
Daniel said "hey - hermit crabs!"
I go over to get a closer look - and they're
not hermit crabs - they're SNAILS!
My mom would have flipped! Especially
since she would have gone to get a
closer look. She is terrified of snails and
slugs - which I think is HILARIOUS!
Cause really - what are they going to
do to you? You could run 7 miles before
they move and inch :}
But yes - these snail were HUGE!
We took some pics - but it was dark
so the pics aren't that great.
I looked them up online, and they are
East African land snails.
They're shells were really cool though.
Next to Daniel's shoe
Random Target pic of Dmitri :)

Kissie face! I think he looks like Daniel in this pic :)
He LOVES to pull things off the kitchen table...
This happens at least 10 times a day.
He pulls ALL his books off the shelf.



I put him to bed tonight in just
a diaper. After about 20 minutes
I hear him clinking his bottle against
his crib.
I go to check on him - and he's hanging
out butt naked!
Just laying there - talking to himself, clinking
his bottle - and naked.
So he lost his nudie privilege and I
slipped a onesie on him.
I just love him.
:)
This morning I was making Dmitri
breakfast - he was at my feet as usual.
I looked down to talk to him - then back
up at the eggs on the stove - then
back down. But this time when I looked
down... there was a HUGE cockroach!
It had come out from under the stove
and was sitting there, right by Dmitri!
EEcckckk.
Luckily Daniel was off today so he came
in the kitchen and attempted to grab it
with a paper towel, but it picked up some
crazy speed and scurried under his legs
and under the laundry doors.
So we lost him.
I hate when there's a loose bug or rodent
or reptile - etc - roaming around the house.
I feel like I can't relax.
Well we took a family walk tonight - and
when we got back - the cockroach made
a reappearance. He flew off the curtains.
[I hate that they fly]
and onto the floor.
So Daniel grab a book and threw it on him.
Hopefully we're done with them.
This afternoon I had put Dmitri down for
a nap and was going through his drawers.
I looked outside and saw a bright green
gecko on the fence. I thought how cool
it'd be to see one closer so I could take a
pic - and all the sudden one pokes his
head out of our outside storage closet.
Lol I just hope they stay outside!

We didn't do much today. I went groceryshopping - and Daniel participated in
a LAN party.
We went on our walk tonight. And stopped
to rent a movie on the way home.
Daniel rented Valkyrie.
I don't know how much he likes it - he's
playing video games on his phone while
watching it :}
Anywhos - while we were walking back
home, we were passing a school and
Daniel said "hey - hermit crabs!"
I go over to get a closer look - and they're
not hermit crabs - they're SNAILS!
My mom would have flipped! Especially
since she would have gone to get a
closer look. She is terrified of snails and
slugs - which I think is HILARIOUS!
Cause really - what are they going to
do to you? You could run 7 miles before
they move and inch :}
But yes - these snail were HUGE!
We took some pics - but it was dark
so the pics aren't that great.
I looked them up online, and they are
East African land snails.
They're shells were really cool though.
Next to Daniel's shoe
Kissie face! I think he looks like Daniel in this pic :)
He LOVES to pull things off the kitchen table...He pulls ALL his books off the shelf.
a diaper. After about 20 minutes
I hear him clinking his bottle against
his crib.
I go to check on him - and he's hanging
out butt naked!
Just laying there - talking to himself, clinking
his bottle - and naked.
So he lost his nudie privilege and I
slipped a onesie on him.
I just love him.
:)




Bugs and rodents and reptiles all freak me out too. Especially when they're inside. It's so invasive!!
ReplyDeleteICK! I HATE cockroaches - HATE THEM! I had an issue with them for a while at an old apartment and I never got used to them - they always made me jump and scream! I love the geckos, though - they're kinda cool. :)
ReplyDeleteok, i did not know cockroaches could fly. that is way gross. ugh i am totally creeped out.
ReplyDeleteandrew does that with the books. it's annoying. i use to clean up after him as soon as he would pull them out. now i wait until he takes a nap or unless people are coming over. i got SO sick of doing it.
Yes - they fly! And it is WAY creepy.
ReplyDeleteYea - I'm fine with bugs - I just don't want them in my house! BLAH! :{
I'll never get used to them either.
And Heather - Dmitri does it ALL day! It drives me nuts. I also stopped putting them back everytime. Lol it just became pointless