What a fun - tiresome day!
We had a ward playday at the
pool in our complex.
It started at 11 - and went past 2,
so there was a lot of sun time!
We had an awesome turn out -
and it was soooo fun!
I brought my camera - but forgot
to check and see if the memory
card was in it. It wasn't - I left it
at home in my computer.
Blah!
But here are some pool party events;
Dmitri and I got to the pool a little
early, and I was putting some
sunscreen on him. Well he hates that
because he wants to go straight in
the water. So he starts to squirm away,
and says "No no no!" Lol I've never
heard him say 'no' - so it was pretty
funny - and kind of exciting. But
luckily his word of choice is "yea."
He says it ALL day!
Anyways - so everyone arrived, and
Dmitri was finally able to get into the
water.
He of course tried to swim on his own
and drink the water. Then made
repeated attempts to dunk his face,
but STILL hasn't learned that he
can't breath underwater. Silly kid! :)
Dmitri has been waking up late the
last few days - and did the same today.
Unfortunately that meant that he
didn't get a nap. And of course the pool
and all the kiddies were too exciting
so he didn't want to take a nap.
Well after a few hours, no nap got the
better of him. I was in the pool talking
to some of the ladies - and holding Dmitri.
And I noticed that he was kind of hanging
there and had his head down. So I asked
and they said yea, he was asleep! It was so
funny because he fell asleep just hanging
there. Which I imagine wasn't super comfy.
At that point we got out and I laid him
down in his stroller to nap. He totally
acted like he was falling asleep, so I went
to mingle [but stood by the stroller the
whole time]. Well I'm talking with my
back a little bit to the stroller, and all
the sudden I see this little thing crawling
past me. I look down, and it's Dmitri!
He totally slipped out of his stroller!
It was funny - I couldn't believe him!
He was totally crawling back towards
the pool. I think I'll have to enroll
him on a swim team when he's older :)
But yes - we had a great time! All the
moms and kids seemed to enjoy them-
selves and I was so happy the weather
turned out good. We'll definitely have
to plan another playdate!
Daniel had an EKG class today, and it
goes until Weds. He got out a little
early today - which is so nice! :)
So we went for a little treat and got
some ice cream.
And after Daniel finally got around to
putting the lawn mower together
and mowed the lawn. Hopefully we
can revive it - and then once it's all green
we can get some flowers!
Woohoo!! :D
So Dmitri has learned a few things. He
of course slips out of his stroller with
no problem. Which is a little worrisome.
He also says "yea" and "what" and the
newest - "no, no, no".
Teeth apparently come in pairs because
he had another one break through the
bottom. So no he has 2 new ones - which
makes a total of 4 on the bottom and
2 on top.
He can also climb up the sofa and open
kitchen drawers. Luckily he can't reach
anything inside them.
He's figured out how to use a straw
about a month ago - and also insists
on drinking out of our water bottles -
even if he's totally water logged already.
He's standing for longer and longer
everyday and has taken a few more
-stable- steps.
He also tried to mimic us when we
say a word. You can see him looking
at your lips and trying to form his like
yours.
I just love this kid to pieces. He is the
best - and such a doll! When he's not
biting me of course.
Oh so Dmitri is in awe of older kids!
He just sits there and watches them or
follows them around.
There's a boy in our ward who is almost 2,
and Dmitri was so interested in everything
he did. Lol it was almost like he was starstruck.
And then Sunday night we went and had
dinner some friends house. Dmitri
was in love with their 3 year old.
He followed her around wherever she went
and tried to do everything she did.
It was precious :)
We had a ward playday at the
pool in our complex.
It started at 11 - and went past 2,
so there was a lot of sun time!
We had an awesome turn out -
and it was soooo fun!
I brought my camera - but forgot
to check and see if the memory
card was in it. It wasn't - I left it
at home in my computer.
Blah!
But here are some pool party events;
Dmitri and I got to the pool a little
early, and I was putting some
sunscreen on him. Well he hates that
because he wants to go straight in
the water. So he starts to squirm away,
and says "No no no!" Lol I've never
heard him say 'no' - so it was pretty
funny - and kind of exciting. But
luckily his word of choice is "yea."
He says it ALL day!
Anyways - so everyone arrived, and
Dmitri was finally able to get into the
water.
He of course tried to swim on his own
and drink the water. Then made
repeated attempts to dunk his face,
but STILL hasn't learned that he
can't breath underwater. Silly kid! :)
Dmitri has been waking up late the
last few days - and did the same today.
Unfortunately that meant that he
didn't get a nap. And of course the pool
and all the kiddies were too exciting
so he didn't want to take a nap.
Well after a few hours, no nap got the
better of him. I was in the pool talking
to some of the ladies - and holding Dmitri.
And I noticed that he was kind of hanging
there and had his head down. So I asked
and they said yea, he was asleep! It was so
funny because he fell asleep just hanging
there. Which I imagine wasn't super comfy.
At that point we got out and I laid him
down in his stroller to nap. He totally
acted like he was falling asleep, so I went
to mingle [but stood by the stroller the
whole time]. Well I'm talking with my
back a little bit to the stroller, and all
the sudden I see this little thing crawling
past me. I look down, and it's Dmitri!
He totally slipped out of his stroller!
It was funny - I couldn't believe him!
He was totally crawling back towards
the pool. I think I'll have to enroll
him on a swim team when he's older :)
But yes - we had a great time! All the
moms and kids seemed to enjoy them-
selves and I was so happy the weather
turned out good. We'll definitely have
to plan another playdate!
Daniel had an EKG class today, and it
goes until Weds. He got out a little
early today - which is so nice! :)
So we went for a little treat and got
some ice cream.
And after Daniel finally got around to
putting the lawn mower together
and mowed the lawn. Hopefully we
can revive it - and then once it's all green
we can get some flowers!
Woohoo!! :D
So Dmitri has learned a few things. He
of course slips out of his stroller with
no problem. Which is a little worrisome.
He also says "yea" and "what" and the
newest - "no, no, no".
Teeth apparently come in pairs because
he had another one break through the
bottom. So no he has 2 new ones - which
makes a total of 4 on the bottom and
2 on top.
He can also climb up the sofa and open
kitchen drawers. Luckily he can't reach
anything inside them.
He's figured out how to use a straw
about a month ago - and also insists
on drinking out of our water bottles -
even if he's totally water logged already.
He's standing for longer and longer
everyday and has taken a few more
-stable- steps.
He also tried to mimic us when we
say a word. You can see him looking
at your lips and trying to form his like
yours.
I just love this kid to pieces. He is the
best - and such a doll! When he's not
biting me of course.
Oh so Dmitri is in awe of older kids!
He just sits there and watches them or
follows them around.
There's a boy in our ward who is almost 2,
and Dmitri was so interested in everything
he did. Lol it was almost like he was starstruck.
And then Sunday night we went and had
dinner some friends house. Dmitri
was in love with their 3 year old.
He followed her around wherever she went
and tried to do everything she did.
It was precious :)
of standing there waiting for the flash - it's a grumpy
face. But still a cute face! :D
Lol my shoulder looks so beefy in the pic! XD





Those pics are sooo cute! Does Dmitri have dimples?! I never noticed before for some reason! :D
ReplyDeleteI need to hang outside more! Or move to Hawaii. You're super tan. The peelage is pretty crazy!!
ReplyDeletehe is the cutest little boy. so happy and friendly looking
ReplyDeleteHi Sara, you have such a cute blog and even cuter boy there. Added yours to mine. :-)
ReplyDelete