About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

No no- we're not dead! :)

I've been very MIA from the blog!
We've just been busy - and having a
good time!

Lorraine and Steve are visiting us this week
[Daniel's sister and her bf]
So we've been out and about showing them
a good time!

They got in on Saturday - and that's when the
good times started! After picking them up, we
went to the beach by our house and then some
delish shaved ice!
We had no idea there was a shaved ice
place right by us!
Probably bad news for Daniel and me :}

Sunday we went to the big ol' Swap Meet
at the Hawaii Stadium.
It wasn't like the 'normal' Swap Meets -
it was ALL souvenirs. So that was a
little disappointing. We did have some
good finds though!
I got 9 different pairs of big shell
earrings for $18.00 - So I was pretty
happy about that :)
After that we heading to the Blowhole.
It was a beautiful day - but not much
action. I always love the view from there!
We drove along the coast on the Windward
side and then back home.

On Monday - Daniel had to work [BOO!]
so the 3 of us - and Dmitri went to the
Dole Plantation.
I went there on my HI trip in '01, but it
was part of an island bus tour - so we just
walked around the visitors section.
This time we went out onto the grounds
and checked out all the different Pineapples.
We also saw the humongo koi fish!
And there were a TON!
We decided on the train tour - cause why not?
The train tour was cute. It was just a
little loop-ti-loop around and then back.
It was Dmitri's first train ride - how
exciting :)
We got to see this on the train tour!
It was closer then it looks - and HUGE!
It was pretty cool :]
After the train we headed in for some
pineapple soft serve. MMmmm! So good.
I shared with Dmitri and had to fight him
for it :)
After Dole we headed out to Haleiwa
for some famous shaved ice.
I think we all decided it was good - but
not the best. There really wasn't a
difference in the syrup tastes - they all
just tasted like sugar:[
Steve and Lorraine got their's topped off
with condensed milk. Bleh :}

So we did that. Then had lunch at Kona's
and hung out on the beach - just putting
our feet in.

Tuesday we headed down to Waikiki.
They had signed up for a thing that was
down there - so they did that and Dmitri
and I headed to the Ala Moana mall.
I have wanted to go there ever since we
moved here - but never have. Oh my -
FABULOUS!
It's like 3 stories and there's a koi pond
that runs down the middle of it. SO
many awesome stores.
I headed in to The Children's Place,
picked out some goodies, and when I
got to the register - realized I forgot
my wallet at hOme!! I HATE that!
So I left. I can't be at the mall without
my wallet. I need the 'option' to buy.

Anywhos - once they were done we
went over to the beach. WAHOO!
Perfect :) They waves were great.
Not too much and not too little. Dmitri
loved it. He was mad at me for holding
on to him. I think he would have been
happy to go and swim on his own.
Lol and he likes the taste of the salt water.
Sick.
[walking around Waikiki]
I wont blog about my parking garage
experiences there - cause no.
:]

So beach then home - then dinner.
We headed to Kapolei and at the
Napa Grill. Not bad.

Today was Steve and Lorraine's day.
They went snorkeling this morning and
have a dinner cruise tonight.
FUN FUN! :D

So yes - we're not dead - just busy.
Which seems to be unusual for us XD

Daniel was able to change his schedule,
so he's working today - but has the next 4 days
off! Woohoo!
We're looking to go snorkeling one of the days
and I'm so excited! :D

Oh - so the other day I went looking
for Dmitri - and saw these cute
little feet sticking out of the curtains
:]
OH double yes! My most exciting news -
WE GOT A DISHWASHER!!
Steve installed it for us - so nice!
Love it :]
So I'm just going to rotate tuff projects
between Steve and my dad when they
come visit ;)

Here are some other Dole pics
Here's a video Daniel took of Lorraine
cracking Dmitri up at the swap meet!

2 comments:

  1. love the baby feet behind the curtain picture. and your pictures from the dole plantation are cool. we always go to the maui pineapple plantation when we go there. they have a train ride to, and it's really enjoyable. they talk about the history of the plantation, and show you how to peel a coconut. i love it. and you get to taste the best pineapple. no matter what the grocery stores say out here, if your not eating the actual pineapple IN hawaii, it doesn't taste the same. i'm spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're not dead. I was getting worried... LOL! I love, love, love your pics! They're so pretty! I hope I can come down there and visit and play sometime in the future. Dimitri is so cute. I was watching the video at work and everyone came and huddled around cuz they could hear him laughing! Hope you and Daniel have fun snorkeling! :D

    ReplyDelete