Well I did something I haven't done in years.
I got my church stuff out the night before.
Woohoo!
Seriously - our Sunday mornings we're
always running around like crazy and then
out the door 10 mins late.
So Saturday night I just thought it'd be nice
to wake up and feel organized and hopefully
get to church on time.
I ironed what needed to be ironed - I picked
out outfits and got the church bag ready - and
went to sleep at a reasonable hour.
Morning came - we got up [on time] got
dressed and out the door. And we made it on
time!
And I felt sooo much better! I think it definitely
put me in a better mood the rest of the day.
I talked to more people - I listened more
intently [mainly because I wasn't exhausted like
usual] and I felt more in tune with the spirit.
It was a great Sunday!
And hopefully I'll continue to get things ready the
night before!
Daniel took Dmitri to Priesthood with him - so
I got to relax and enjoy the Relief Society lesson.
Oh and go Daniel - he volunteered to teach the
Priesthood lesson next Sunday!
I think he's going to do an awesome job! He's
so smart and always has so much to bring to the
table - I think he'll do great!
And I also volunteered us to feed the Missionaries
on Saturday.
I'm excited though. It's a first for us. When my
parents would invite them over - my mom
did all the cooking and my parents did all the talking.
I just sat there. Lol so it will be interesting being the
one cooking - and trying to stir up conversation.
But I have high hopes! I just need to figure out
what to make :\
This morning Dmitri and I ran errands. We
finally made it to the post office! I hate when things
linger over my head! So that's one thing I can gladly
mark off the checklist.
Daniel got off early [at 1]. He was on the Pediatrics
floor. He liked it - he said everyone was really nice.
And there were only a couple of kids - so not too
much to do. Today was his only day on that floor - so
done and done!
I spent the rest of the day trying to motivate myself
to fold laundry. Which I tackled - but for some
reason I feel it's still lingering! Maybe it's because
that's the never ending chore. Boo!
So if anyone has advice regarding motivation and/or
organizing the house - let me know! Lol even if I
don't know you. I will happily take the advice!
Tonight we took a walk. It was nice a cool outside,
which is a welcome change because it's been HOT!
Like 90 degrees. Blah.
Dmitri protested his stroller a few times - but
luckily settled down after a bit. He wants to
be able to walk and crawl everywhere by himself.
He HATES to be tied down!
So yes - that was our Monday! I'm behind on
a few projects - so I need to get moving and
get them out in the mail ASAP!
I don't have any pics from today - but
here are some from Oct 16 of last year.
Dmitri's so little! :D
My sister Cassie and Dmitri
My sister Candice and Dmitri
My parent's dogs - Niles & Chloe
Chloe's the upside down one

I got my church stuff out the night before.
Woohoo!
Seriously - our Sunday mornings we're
always running around like crazy and then
out the door 10 mins late.
So Saturday night I just thought it'd be nice
to wake up and feel organized and hopefully
get to church on time.
I ironed what needed to be ironed - I picked
out outfits and got the church bag ready - and
went to sleep at a reasonable hour.
Morning came - we got up [on time] got
dressed and out the door. And we made it on
time!
And I felt sooo much better! I think it definitely
put me in a better mood the rest of the day.
I talked to more people - I listened more
intently [mainly because I wasn't exhausted like
usual] and I felt more in tune with the spirit.
It was a great Sunday!
And hopefully I'll continue to get things ready the
night before!
Daniel took Dmitri to Priesthood with him - so
I got to relax and enjoy the Relief Society lesson.
Oh and go Daniel - he volunteered to teach the
Priesthood lesson next Sunday!
I think he's going to do an awesome job! He's
so smart and always has so much to bring to the
table - I think he'll do great!
And I also volunteered us to feed the Missionaries
on Saturday.
I'm excited though. It's a first for us. When my
parents would invite them over - my mom
did all the cooking and my parents did all the talking.
I just sat there. Lol so it will be interesting being the
one cooking - and trying to stir up conversation.
But I have high hopes! I just need to figure out
what to make :\
This morning Dmitri and I ran errands. We
finally made it to the post office! I hate when things
linger over my head! So that's one thing I can gladly
mark off the checklist.
Daniel got off early [at 1]. He was on the Pediatrics
floor. He liked it - he said everyone was really nice.
And there were only a couple of kids - so not too
much to do. Today was his only day on that floor - so
done and done!
I spent the rest of the day trying to motivate myself
to fold laundry. Which I tackled - but for some
reason I feel it's still lingering! Maybe it's because
that's the never ending chore. Boo!
So if anyone has advice regarding motivation and/or
organizing the house - let me know! Lol even if I
don't know you. I will happily take the advice!
Tonight we took a walk. It was nice a cool outside,
which is a welcome change because it's been HOT!
Like 90 degrees. Blah.
Dmitri protested his stroller a few times - but
luckily settled down after a bit. He wants to
be able to walk and crawl everywhere by himself.
He HATES to be tied down!
So yes - that was our Monday! I'm behind on
a few projects - so I need to get moving and
get them out in the mail ASAP!
I don't have any pics from today - but
here are some from Oct 16 of last year.
Dmitri's so little! :D
My sister Cassie and Dmitri
Chloe's the upside down one




i like the name niles. it reminds me of fraiser. which i watched two HILARIOUS episodes when i had my night off. uh gotta go andrew's eating bellas food (again).
ReplyDeletetry setting the timer, cleaning like mad, then doing something fun. :) I also like the tips on flylady.net
ReplyDeleteI LOVE sunday mornings that I'm organized! Your right, it makes a huge difference. You've inspired me to be better--thanks! Oh--and I have no organizational tips, sorry.:)
ReplyDelete