About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

For the LOVE of Mother's!

Sooooo I've been waiting forever to post
about this! I finished them a week and
a half ago.
So for mine and Daniel's moms - I made
them bags for Mother's Day - and Dmitri
helped! :)
I made the totes - then did freezer paper
stenciling
to transfer his face onto the fabric.
[which if you've never done - you HAVE to! Easy and fun!]
I of course painted his hands and stuck them
on the bag. Which was easier said then done!
But I'm happy with the outcome.
The only prob I had was the zippers and
handles. The zippers were an after thought,
so when I measured for the handles, they
were even. But then I added the zipper - and
the straps no longer lined up with either side.
I decided to go with it - because I was running
out of time!
Ohwell.
I also filled them with a few odds and ends.
This one is for Daniel's mom

And here's the one for my mom

Well I've been wanting a bigger sewing
machine - bigger base for free hand stippling.
Well - I got a sewing machine!! :D
It's pretty awesome - and I'm excited to
put it to use.
Daniel bought me my first sewing machine
when we were dating. I think it was for
Valentine's Day. I love it - and it's been
great to me! I had never used a sewing
machine before - so it was a perfect
starter. It's not too big - and had the
right amount of features.
My new one is bigger - and has a
computerized display! It also has
something like 250 stitches.
Wahoo! I'm excited :]
MMmm - it's so new.
I love it!
:}

Happy Mom's Day [late] to all the fab
Mothers!!
Especially to Deborah & Mary!

And a few pics from today!
Hanging out in the laundry basket.
Today Dmitri and I spent our
morning and afternoon out and about.
Daniel started on his new floor - which
he likes a lot better then the last.
He got off a little early today too - which
I always love! :]
Yea - so Dmitri and I went to the Outlets
to do an exchange. And to the
Vans outlet for some spiffy new
shoes for him. I had no idea they
had such awesome deals!
I got him a pair of slip ons for 60%
of and then some classic lace ups for 50%.
The boy needs shoes OKAY!
Oh so cute.

Then we hung out at the mall. And I
tried on more clothes just for fun.
We got Subway. Dmitri has been spoiled.
Sometimes we'll get a fruit punch and give
him some out of the straw [or ice water]
so now he thinks every drink is for him.
Too bad I got Coke. That one is off limits to
him for a LONG time!
And forever if I can help it.

But it was a good day.

Oh - and check this out.
My dad made this kitchen table for my mom!
I think he did a fantastic job!
It looks awesome!
And it's totally worth clicking on the
pic to see it bigger.
Good dad!
:D

4 comments:

  1. sara!! you never cease to amaze me. i LOVE your dmitri bag. and that should be the name of it. you know how designers name their bags, this one is called dmitri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara,
    I hope you had a great Mother's day This year! I know you are great mom to your cute sone dmitri! He is so Lucky to have you as a mother! You always doing a great Job making fun things. Those are cute bag's you made. Great Job making them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu have a cute son!! Sorry I spell son wrong I can't think sometimes. Sorry about it. Great pictures of Dmitri! He always have a cute smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy hannah you are oozing with crafty talent! I want to come and sew with u!!

    ReplyDelete