Dmitri had his 9 month check up today.
All went well - Dmitri did great!
Daniel was able to meet us in pediatrics for
the appointment - and I liked having him
there :)
We had to wait a bit - we weren't rushed
through like last time - so I enjoyed this
visit a lot more!
We saw a different pediatrician then the last
visit - because the one we're assigned was
booked until June.
But I really liked this guy! I want to see
about making him Dmitri's regular pediatrician.
So here are his stats;
height 28"
weight 19.2lbs
head circumference 17.5"
So he's in the 25-30% for all.
The doctor said he's perfectly proportioned
and his weight is exactly where it should
be in reference to his height.
He's also growing steadily and on the right
track all around.
He even told us Dmitri is ahead of the
curve for his motor, social and cognitive
skills.
He said he's at the 1 year mark.
Go Dmitri!
Here are a few milestones -
He says 'momma' and 'dada' and says
it to the right person.
He's starting to say 'hi' and getting the hang
of waving.
He's clapping his hands [flapping his arms together:]
And he's walking around things - and is
starting to stand on his own.
The doc actually told us we can start whining
him off the bottle - since he uses a sippy
cup - and instead put formula in the
sippy cup.
He told us since Dmitri's has already cut teeth -
we should look at making a dental appt at
one year. Apparently that's the new recommendation.
So yes. It was a good visit!
He was surprised that Dmitri didn't have
stranger anxiety - and actually tried to crawl
up the doctor to get his stethoscope.
He's a curious kid!
So this morning before we got ready to leave -
I went to see what Dmitri was doing in his room -
and this is what I found!
He totally climbed up the tool box - and even
stepped down no problem!
He's also taken to attacking the toilet
paper.
Mischievous!!
But he's a keeper.
:)
We love you Dmitri! :D
Daniel was able to meet us in pediatrics for
the appointment - and I liked having him
there :)
We had to wait a bit - we weren't rushed
through like last time - so I enjoyed this
visit a lot more!
We saw a different pediatrician then the last
visit - because the one we're assigned was
booked until June.
But I really liked this guy! I want to see
about making him Dmitri's regular pediatrician.
So here are his stats;
height 28"
weight 19.2lbs
head circumference 17.5"
So he's in the 25-30% for all.
The doctor said he's perfectly proportioned
and his weight is exactly where it should
be in reference to his height.
He's also growing steadily and on the right
track all around.
He even told us Dmitri is ahead of the
curve for his motor, social and cognitive
skills.
He said he's at the 1 year mark.
Go Dmitri!
Here are a few milestones -
He says 'momma' and 'dada' and says
it to the right person.
He's starting to say 'hi' and getting the hang
of waving.
He's clapping his hands [flapping his arms together:]
And he's walking around things - and is
starting to stand on his own.
The doc actually told us we can start whining
him off the bottle - since he uses a sippy
cup - and instead put formula in the
sippy cup.
He told us since Dmitri's has already cut teeth -
we should look at making a dental appt at
one year. Apparently that's the new recommendation.
So yes. It was a good visit!
He was surprised that Dmitri didn't have
stranger anxiety - and actually tried to crawl
up the doctor to get his stethoscope.
He's a curious kid!
So this morning before we got ready to leave -
I went to see what Dmitri was doing in his room -
and this is what I found!
He totally climbed up the tool box - and even
stepped down no problem!
He's also taken to attacking the toiletpaper.
Mischievous!!
But he's a keeper.
:)
We love you Dmitri! :D




last friday we had andrew's 18 month appt and he was also in the 25-30 percentile. the doctor says that as long as he's progressing and not going backwards then it's totally fine. and then my mom told me that all of us were on the smaller side.
ReplyDeleteDmitri laugh is SO FUNNY!! We miss him so much! We can't wait to see him sometime. I know you and Daniel are great parents! He is growing up so fast all the time:)
ReplyDeleteThat video is sooo cute! You have no idea how much I needed that today! :)
ReplyDelete