About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Yay!

This is the last night Daniel is working the night shift!
At least for right now.
I've hated not having him home at night. I don't like being home
by myself and Dmitri has been extra fussy.
Plus it seems like we haven't seen him in days!
The first night Daniel was really digging it.
He said it was so quiet and less stress cause, of
course the patients are supposed to be sleeping.
Nice nice.
Last night though - Daniel didn't like it so much... :[
He had 4 patients - which he's not supposed to have,
and one guy kept dropping. The guy was LDS and asked
Daniel to even give him a blessing. So he did - and the guy
ended up being okay, but had to be moved to another
floor - which meant more work.
He came home this morning, and you can tell last night
wore him out. His voice was even hoarse. Poor guy :[
He got home around 7:45 am and I think it took him
all of 5 seconds to jump in bed. He slept till 5 this evening.
He said he didn't even hear me and Dmitri coming and
going - which is good - cause I thought we were being
kind of loud!
So mine and Dmitri's day! We went on a walk to break in
his awesome new stroller! The last few mornings have
been crumby - so I was excited when I looked out and
saw sun! :D
The walk was nice, Dmitri zonked out, and I rummaged
through the plumeria flowers that had fallen onto the
ground. I felt like taking some home. Lol I don't know
what I plan to do with them - but 4 of them are chillin'
in the fridge.
After the walk, Dmitri finished his nap and I got ready
to start the day! We headed out to run some errands.
I needed to go to Target for some bins - I love Target.
Once we got there, we found a spot and proceeded to
walk in. But then [it seemed like the first time] I
noticed Petco! So I started thinking maybe they'd have
some cute animals for Dmitri to check out.
They didn't have as many as I was anticipating, but they
had enough. We looked at a lot of fish. Then Chinchillas
[which were gigantic!], guinea pigs, and some birdies.
We also checked out the turtles - and they weren't
Dmitri's favorite cause they were all sleeping.
Well Dmitri's fave was a little parrot! He thought it was
the coolest thing - and the parrot was equally interested
in Dmitri. It was a conure parrot - and this guy was a ham!
And he was so dang cute! Oh - he was only $399.99! He was
cute - but not that cute! XD
Dmitri also found some fish he liked. I think they
thought he had food, cause they kept following his
hand, and he kept trying to grab them through the
glass.
So that was our fun at Petco!
My exciting purchase of the day! I totally
should have bought one of these forever ago!
It's a baby sling - and it's awesome!
Dmitri wanted to be carried all through the
store - and I just couldn't do that. We happened
to be in the baby isle - and I saw the sling so
I decided to give it a shot. It was great!
I never bought one before because all I could
think was what if the baby falls through? But
after trying it out today - it's very unlikely that
would happen.
So I sported the sling - with Dmitri inside -
through the rest of our Target tour.
Lol Dmitri was very unsure about it at first.
He kept trying to climb and hold onto my arm.
But then he relaxed - and now he totally lounges.
After Target we went to Costco for some
groceries. Dmitri had fallen asleep during the
30 second ride from Target to Costco, but I had
to wake him up because we couldn't bring his whole
carseat in. I need that cart space for groceries! So
we used the sling. He was so cute. He was still
pretty sleepy, and slowly he started cuddling in
closer and closer to me. Then he rested his head
and fell right to sleep. He reminded me of a little
Koala bear! I loved it! :D

Yes - so after errands, we came back home.
Ate dinner - said bye to Daniel, cut Dmitri's
hair - then got ready for bed.
So far Daniel's night has been much better!
He has 3 patients and they're all sleeping - as
they should!
What's nice is we'll finally get to hang out with him
tomorrow! He has the next 3 days off.
WOOHOO!
:D

1 comment:

  1. what a fun day! ugh, i am TOTALLY missing hawaii right now.

    ReplyDelete