About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Who knew 8 month olds were such a handful...?

So Dmitri is trying to gain his independence.
He almost always insists on feeding himself,
or helping feed himself.
He'll try to grab the spoon and help
put it in his mouth - or he'll try to scoop
up food [like baby food - which is unscoopable
by hand] and shovel it into his mouth.
I've been trying to come up with some good
foods that will allow him to feed himself.
A big winner is scrambled eggs [without the milk,
so basically just an egg scrambled:]. He also
LOVES cinnamon toast. So that was
breakfast today. Scrambled eggs [thanks
Amy - I got the idea from you!:] and
cinnamon toast. His tummy was happy!
If anyone has suggestion for other foods a
child with two lower teeth can eat - let me know!
I was thinking of getting some veggies and
fruit - and steaming to poop out of them.
I might try that tomorrow.
K - well what has been occupying my time
these days?
This.
Painting!
I painted Dmitri's room yesterday
and it looks good! I finally decided on a
color and I picked blue. I didn't want
to go with blue - but I found one I
really liked - so I did it.
It reminds me of a circus blue.
I call it Bumbo blue because it's slightly
darker then Dmitri's Bumbo. I like it.
I'm sure he does too :)
I bought paint for mine and Daniel's room.
It's a greenish blue. I've seen a lot of HGTV
shows where they use it in the bedroom - or
a room that is meant to sooth. It's a very
beach housie color. Hopefully it turns out great!
Ok - so speaking of paint - we had an almost/kind
of sort of disaster tonight. Blah - I don't
really want to blog about it - but I will.
So I was washing the dinner dishes, and
Dmitri was cruising around in his walker.
I was listening for him - and could hear his
walker making music - so I thought all was well.
Then something told me to go check on Dmitri.
I proceed to check on him, and notice the doors
to our bedroom are open. I had closed them, but
I'm assuming he rammed them with his walker
and they opened. Interesting....
I walk in - and what do I find?
Dmitri's face COVERED in blue paint.
I had sat the paintbrush I used for his room on
the ottoman in our bedroom - but had
put it in a ziplock bag so it wouldn't dry out.
I had also covered it with a towel assuming he
wouldn't find it.
He did. He was able to take it out of the
bag, and was chewing on the wet paint brush.
I yanked him out of his walker so fast and rushed
him to the bathroom sink. I started cleaning his
mouth out with water to get all the paint out.
I don't think he ingested too much - if any,
because in my vigorous attempt to clean out
his mouth he gagged a few times, and it was clear.
His face was covered, his shirt was covered.
I was freaking out. It didn't seem to bother him
though. He just wanted to play with the water
coming out of the faucet.
Sigh. I've never had an 8 month old baby - he is
my first. Though I've done a lot of babysitting,
and I think I can say Dmitri is the MOST
mischievous baby.
Sometimes this is good - and sometimes [like
tonight] this is very very bad.
Sad little puppy - soaking in the sink
He seemed fine though. Lol I attempted my
own little test with him. Did he respond to
me when I said his name - yes. Did
he respond correctly when I made faces
or tickled him - yes. Was he eating and
drinking ok - yes.
Of course Daniel is working the night shift
tonight - so he wasn't home to reassure me.
I called him though and he said to just make
sure he drinks a lot of liquids. Done and done.
Poor Big Bird - he never asked for this...
I also checked online regarding poisoning.
Apparently paint is non - toxic if ingested.
I don't know - but that's what I read - so
it gave me more hope all was well. And it
said if nothing has happened after 4 hours,
it's very likely nothing will.
Blah!
Accidents happen - especially with curious kids,
but I can't help but feel horrible :[

I'm just glad I found him when I did, cause
I know it could have been a whole lot worse.
I don't ever want to have to call poison
control! Or 911 :[

So yes - that was our night.
Afterwards he got an extra long
bath to get the rest of the paint off - then
we played with toys.
So he's good.
I love this kid to pieces - and I've
come to realize that you can NEVER
underestimate them.
Sigh...

Oh - we also recorded this video tonight.
Dmitri has started shaking his head "no"
It's cute! He hasn't quite figured out how to
shake his head yes, but he's got "no" down!
Great.... :}

2 comments:

  1. "do we eat paint Dima?"
    "noooo"
    lol. What a little sneak!
    The blue looks awesome! You're giving me the home decor bug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video! That is awesome he shakes his head no..What a smart little guy he is!! :)

    ReplyDelete