About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's getting hard to come up with titles...

Oh sure - why not write a quick post!
:)

MMm so this weekend was dandy - and
sulky...
Lol poor Daniel had his PT test this morning,
so he's been in weight lose mode. And that
means little food intake.
Luckily it rubbed off on me and I was able
to drop a few of my unneeded pounds.
Booyah!
It's crazy some of the weight loss suggestions
his Army buddies gave him [but no worries - he
didn't use them]
Lol I wouldn't last one weigh in.

Oh - so he passed. Go Daniel! So now he
can go back to eating.

I painted our bedroom this weekend.
Mmm yea - not the color I was expecting.
Like 4 shades not the color I was expecting.
I think I picked the second to the last on the
little swatch - and I didn't want the lightest because
it reminded me too much of our old color.
Which was fine - but I wanted something else.
Lol poor Daniel. Our room looks like it belongs
to a 16 year old girl.
Actually I think my sister Cassie had this color
on her walls at 16. Well - maybe 18 :}

I don't re-paint, so it has to stay. Unless
Daniel can't stand it and wants to help repaint.
Really - it's like Tiffany's Box blue. Yikes.
It's more this color
We have a black and white rug on the floor, which
I do think looks really nice with the color - so I'm
putting some black and white pics up in hopes they'll
distract from the color.
It's growing on me.
I keep telling myself it's 'retro'
:]
But here it is with flash
So we have all but one ceiling fan changed out,
and the dining area light changed. So almost
complete!
Daniel's been rockin' the handyman tasks
like a pro!
I'm so proud!
:D
Here's the fan in our room. Dmitri has the same one.
This ones in the living room.
Here's the dining area light. Excuse the wire and the large bulbs.
They will be fixed tomorrow:]They're all a little 'specific' but I think they're
neutral enough for resale.

Mmm today was not my day to be on the
road!
I got stuck behind 2 city buses and a school
bus that stopped every 10 feet and let off
[I'm not exaggerating] 30 kids at a time!
Then I got home and the garbage truck was
blocking my spot - so I had to wait for
him to be done.
There were other things [ex: people at the store]
that also set me off and helped to fuel my road
rage fire.
So I made a note not to drive the rest of the day.

I went running tonight. I did fab! I kicked butt!
But I stupidly went after I ate dinner - so there
were a few worrisome moments that dinner
might have been revisited.
Luckily it wasn't - and it all stayed down.

Alright fine - I'll post a Dmitri pics :)
I found a potato masher at Ross today for
$3.50. It's very nice - and has an orange
handle. I love orange.
I've had the HARDEST time finding one
of these stupid things. And I was getting
sick of using a glass or the meat tenderizer
for mashed potatoes.
And why not a pic of the potato masher. Right?
K - as you can probably tell - I'm very bored
and sleepy.
Daniel's working tonight :[ But he didn't
start until 10:45 pm.
So at least that was a plus :)

Dmitri is the best thing ever! He is such
an awesome addition to our family - but boy
is he messy!
Here are his remnants from the evening.
the nipple is yellow because it's only for juice.
Lol so don't be alarmed. He had some carrot grape
juice that stained it awhile ago.
And I made sure to just include the cleaner areas
:)


5 comments:

  1. i love the tiffany box blue. i asked matthew if we could do that at our house and he said no, it was too bright. ugh, but when we use to live in the condo, i wanted this serene desert sand color, um yeah, it looked totally pretty on the little card thing. after buying all the paint (and of course paint looks different in some light)i stepped back. it looked like a mix of silly putty and human flesh. disgusting!!! i lived with that color for a long time. now our bedroom is this really cool grey color called "flint smoke".

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had the worst time finding a potato masher too! seriously! i searched and searched. finally i kind a semi okay one at target but it had never been there before.. i swear! it looks nice but it doesnt work all that well. its weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the paint color, and the fans, and the potato masher--i'm impressed with your shopping skills! (I'm a fan of Ross and Marshalls myself) Seriously, the paint looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the paint in both pictures! Greg's family never had/has anything but white. BOring! I'm a definite wall-color girl. And yeah, it's too true that they never look like you think they will! But it does look good! I agree with some photos though. Glad to hear you're getting settled and then some!

    ReplyDelete