About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Friday, April 24, 2009

Too much of a good thing is - good.

I have this thing where I feel like I don't
have enough of something.
Like I never have enough fabric.
Well I decided it was high time I organized
my fabric bin. It's ridiculous really.
Anytime I go to look trough it - or even start
a project I end up with a complete mess that
just carries over into a complete mess all
over the house.
So I organized - and realized I actually have
too much fabric! Why do I keep feeling like
I need more?
Maybe it's because after I finish a project - I'm
so sick of looking at the fabric I used that
I need something new.
Maybe.
Well here's my collection. It doesn't include
all the itty bitty scrapes I just can't seem to
throw away. Seriously - they come in handy
every now and then.
Definitely not much compared to a lot
of people - but definitely a lot more then
I thought I had!

I have all these little projects going on right
now. Which kind of drives me nuts - but it's
what I do.
Here's the left over fabric for a project I just
finished. I can't blog about it yet - but in a
few days :)
And here's the materials I need to make
Dmitri some bibs. I'm going to make some
for my little nephew too. I'll probably make
mostly ones without the plastic - because
he wont need those for a while. So I guess
that means I'll need to start looking for
baby and baby boy fabric :}
I have this new [awful] addiction to buying
fabric online.
There are NO good stores here! And I'm being
totally serious. That's one of the reasons I miss
living in UT :[
Here's some I bought online. They're for a quilt
I'm making for our bed. We have a queen - but
Daniel likes bigger quilts that cover the bed
nicely. Understandable.
So this thing is going to be a monster.
Here're some pics of my handsome Dmitri.
I bought him some shorts yesterday. They
were 50% off the already marked down price.
How could I resist that?! So one pair I got for
$3.99 and the other for $5.99 and then the
shirt for $2.99.
Sweet!I've been checking flights to Europe. No no
we haven't discussed going. In fact I don't know
when there will be time for a vacay. Daniel's
schedule regarding all that is weird.
But it's still fun to look!
He's been on the night shift this whole month.
Oh my has it messed our schedule up!
Not just him - but me too! We are ALWAYS
tired.
When he works - and even when he doesn't - I
go to bed at 2am! The other night it wasn't until
3:30am - which is stupid because Dmitri's usually
up at 7 or 8.
Daniel will stay up late and then sleep in the day
sometimes - which is bad too because then I
get lazy and don't want to do anything. Or I'm
always afraid Dmitri and I are being too loud.
So it'll be nice when he's working days again.
It'd be nice to be out of this sleepy funk!

1 comment:

  1. WE HAVE THAT SAME SHIRT!! the one from children's place!! the all good things come to those who rock! i thought it was funny and i just watched school of rock and it reminded me of it.
    i love the fabric colors you chose for your quilt. green is such a cool color. it's like the only "family" of colors (besides blue, in my opinion) that all of them are pretty.
    hey you like to make things, there's this blog called little birdie secrets you might like. i'll have to send you link, or maybe you could look at it from mine?

    ReplyDelete