So Dmitri had his 6 month appt today.He [obviously] has a new doctor and a new office.
His pediatrician is at Tripler Amry Hospital.
Oh my goodness - I should have brought a stroller.
I've been there a few times already - and have only
seen stairs, stairs and more stairs.
The parking lot is tiered, so they have all the stairs to get to
the entrance.
Luckily [!] I was able to find a desent parking
spot - so I only had to walk up one flight of them.
Yikes.
They're pretty steep and I had to carry my purse
plus Dmitri in his carseat up them.
Adding in the fact that it was raining.
I felt like I had walked 15 miles
with the load I was carrying.
I went running/walking this morning and
my bum cheeks felt like I had done 100 lunges
going up the steps!
But we made it.
Lol next time I'll bring a stroller and find the ramp.
So I got in there - and Daniel had warned me earlier
that it is a HUGE hospital!
We had to get to the 4th floor and find our way from there.
Lol I think I found every department of that hospital.
We finally found pediatrics and checked in.
Oh yea - we were also 30 mins early - so I thought I'd have some
relax time, and get to fill out the papers they gave me.
Lol no.
Right when I sat down they called us back.
They asked me a few questions - one that was weird was
"How do you learn?"
I said "Huh?"
And the nurse said "How do you learn? Reading, Demonstrations etc"
I said "Oh. Demos I guess."
And that was that.
Lol okay. Weird.
So anyways - they took his stats then
height and weight.
His height is 26" and weight is 16.9 lbs.
So he's in the 30% for height and weight.
Then they just said "Okay, that's it."
"K - so are we done?"
Nurse - "Oh no, have a sit and fill out those
papers, then they'll call you back."
Fine fine.
I sit back in the waiting room - pull out the papers and then
"Dmitri?"
Okay - it's our turn again. Too fast!
So we go back and I guess the lady that called
us back was also his pediatrician.
She just looked him over and asked me questions
about his overall well being and if I had any concerns.
Nope nope.
She gave Dmitri a book - which he thought was the best thing ever.
So that made him happy for a bit.
He didn't mind her - until she laid him down on the table.
He was not okay with that.
He started screaming and I ended up having to hold him while
she checked his ears and all that.
Then she sent us to do the shots.
That went fine - except that I grabbed the wrong
shot record - so it didn't say what he got at his 4 months appt.
So after that drama - and me assuring them "Yes - he DEFINITELY
got shots at his 4 month appt.
Okay good.
So he got his 6 month shots.
He screamed.
I don't know if it was from being laid down again,
because right when the nurse laid him down he
started screaming.
But he survived.
And off we went.
I ended up sitting in the waiting room after the appt
to finish the paperwork.
The pediatric clinic was fine.
I felt very rushed - and I hate that.
But I know they have a lot of people to see.
So that's that.
Dmitri's good.
He's crawling and talking gibberish a lot.
He likes to be in the 'know' and doens't like being left out.
He sits up on his own - when he wants to.
But he prefers to be moving and getting into things he shouldn't.
It's hard keeping up with this boy!
No teeth yet. You can see the shape of them in front and back,
they just need to come through.
He loves sleeping on his tummy and bath time.
He also LOVES stroller rides.
We're just so proud of him and love him to pieces!
So Daniel works at Tripler.
We didn't get to see him though.
But you really can't miss the hospital.
I think you can see it from anywhere on the island!
It's on the top of a very tall hill - and pink.
Seriously - pink.
Here it is
:}
K - you can't tell here because of the angle - but the steps are STEEP!
And the pic doesn't do the pink justice :}
His pediatrician is at Tripler Amry Hospital.
Oh my goodness - I should have brought a stroller.
I've been there a few times already - and have only
seen stairs, stairs and more stairs.
The parking lot is tiered, so they have all the stairs to get to
the entrance.
Luckily [!] I was able to find a desent parking
spot - so I only had to walk up one flight of them.
Yikes.
They're pretty steep and I had to carry my purse
plus Dmitri in his carseat up them.
Adding in the fact that it was raining.
I felt like I had walked 15 miles
with the load I was carrying.
I went running/walking this morning and
my bum cheeks felt like I had done 100 lunges
going up the steps!
But we made it.
Lol next time I'll bring a stroller and find the ramp.
So I got in there - and Daniel had warned me earlier
that it is a HUGE hospital!
We had to get to the 4th floor and find our way from there.
Lol I think I found every department of that hospital.
We finally found pediatrics and checked in.
Oh yea - we were also 30 mins early - so I thought I'd have some
relax time, and get to fill out the papers they gave me.
Lol no.
Right when I sat down they called us back.
They asked me a few questions - one that was weird was
"How do you learn?"
I said "Huh?"
And the nurse said "How do you learn? Reading, Demonstrations etc"
I said "Oh. Demos I guess."
And that was that.
Lol okay. Weird.
So anyways - they took his stats then
height and weight.
His height is 26" and weight is 16.9 lbs.
So he's in the 30% for height and weight.
Then they just said "Okay, that's it."
"K - so are we done?"
Nurse - "Oh no, have a sit and fill out those
papers, then they'll call you back."
Fine fine.
I sit back in the waiting room - pull out the papers and then
"Dmitri?"
Okay - it's our turn again. Too fast!
So we go back and I guess the lady that called
us back was also his pediatrician.
She just looked him over and asked me questions
about his overall well being and if I had any concerns.
Nope nope.
She gave Dmitri a book - which he thought was the best thing ever.
So that made him happy for a bit.
He didn't mind her - until she laid him down on the table.
He was not okay with that.
He started screaming and I ended up having to hold him while
she checked his ears and all that.
Then she sent us to do the shots.
That went fine - except that I grabbed the wrong
shot record - so it didn't say what he got at his 4 months appt.
So after that drama - and me assuring them "Yes - he DEFINITELY
got shots at his 4 month appt.
Okay good.
So he got his 6 month shots.
He screamed.
I don't know if it was from being laid down again,
because right when the nurse laid him down he
started screaming.
But he survived.
And off we went.
I ended up sitting in the waiting room after the appt
to finish the paperwork.
The pediatric clinic was fine.
I felt very rushed - and I hate that.
But I know they have a lot of people to see.
So that's that.
Dmitri's good.
He's crawling and talking gibberish a lot.
He likes to be in the 'know' and doens't like being left out.
He sits up on his own - when he wants to.
But he prefers to be moving and getting into things he shouldn't.
It's hard keeping up with this boy!
No teeth yet. You can see the shape of them in front and back,
they just need to come through.
He loves sleeping on his tummy and bath time.
He also LOVES stroller rides.
We're just so proud of him and love him to pieces!
So Daniel works at Tripler.
We didn't get to see him though.
But you really can't miss the hospital.
I think you can see it from anywhere on the island!
It's on the top of a very tall hill - and pink.
Seriously - pink.
Here it is
:}
K - you can't tell here because of the angle - but the steps are STEEP!




Hi Sara and Daniel!
ReplyDeleteWe can't belive your son is growing up so fast all the time. WOW I can't belive he is 6 months pretty Excited. He is soooo CUTE boy, I love that picture of Dmitri. That is a BIG HOSPITAL and pink too that is pretty COOL!! I hope you guys are doing great all the time. We are doing great all the time too!! We should keeping in touch more oftern. We are thinking about you guys all the time. Take Care!-
ok, i think we drove by that hospital when we were lost. and it is HUGE.
ReplyDeletehow do you learn? what kind of question is that? shouldn't she have asked what your learning style is? what a weird thing to say. and boo to having to walk a MILLION miles. they should have those golf carts, like they have in airports, and take people to the (at least) front of the hospital.
wow - i've NEVER had an appointment that fast in my life! That pink is tres chic...
ReplyDeleteDude. Forget the steep stairs! That place is MASSIVE! It's a wonder you got there a half hour early - I'd still be lost! HAHA!
ReplyDeleteThe pic in this post is the cutest thing ever!
Miss you and our Red Robin outings!! XD
AC