Well - my body decided it was time to get this baby out! I woke up for my regular appt on Friday morning and was in the bathroom washing my face - my face felt so swollen. Along with a swollen face I also had those cankles many of you have had the privilege of seeing :<
Well I go in for my appt and the first thing the nurse says is "You have some bad swelling going on don't you?"
They check my blood pressure - it was high - then my urine - it had some protein. Well the doctor comes in and says it looks like I've developed preeclampsia and this baby is comin' out today. Ahh! Luckily Daniel thought it'd be wise for me to pack a bag - so I had that with me. They give me orders to head down to Labor and Delivery immediately - and of course, I do.
Daniel arrived about 20 minutes later and they started the induction.
The first little bit was fine - easy enough to handle - so they upped the pitocin. The contractions that came next were the "everyone is annoying me - get the freak out of my face." I felt that was a good time for the epidural.
The anesthesiologist comes in to administer it - not fun. Me and my big prego contracting belly had to lay on our side and squeeze my legs up as far as possible [nurses came in very handy then]. Well the epidural didn't feel so good going in - but once in it was like heaven! I also got a nifty little button to push every time I needed more.
My labor still wasn't progressing much - so they broke my water - still slow as a snail. Well apparently they waited too long before taking him out - because come Saturday arounds 6 [mind you my labor started Friday around 12] I had come down with a temperature and still suffering from that high blood pressure.
At that point I was so out of it from all the antibiotics I was on - I was all for it when they mentioned C Section. I had been in labor for 30 hours and only dilated to a 5 and 90 thinned.
And that's what they did. At 5:40 they drugged me up some more - wheeled me in the operating room and took little Dmitri out. Apparently he wasn't happy about this because they had to vacuum him out - he went back up in the womb as far as he could. Oh - and the wheeling me from my room to the operating room - no bueno. It made me so nauseas [especially since I hadn't eaten in 36 hours and had all the medicine on an empty tummy] - yea - I vomited. It was weird because my entire body was numb so throwing up - I couldn't breath and kept choking. It was scary :(
Anywhos - they got him out - screamin' like a banshee! It felt like eternity before they showed him to me - but when they did - sooooooo cute! He was just beautiful :) He came out weighing 6lbs 10oz [much smaller then the 8 or 9 lbs I was thinking] and 19 1/2 inches long. He had a full head of black hair. He is such a doll!
He's been such a good baby! He sleeps a ton and actually gets annoyed when you wake him up to feed him or disturb his sleep. He's so cute - I just want to kiss his little face up!
On a not good note - since it had been so long between when they broke my water and when he was delivered - I came down with an infection and passed it to him :( He has to keep taking antibiotics and has had so many needles in him - I feel so bad! He's strong though and he's getting better by the minute!
I've been getting better as well. The first night - totally out of it - second night - out of it but a little more in reality. So I keep getting better as well. I'm totally off all my antibiotics and now just waiting for little Dmitri to come around :) Hopefully he'll be home by Saturday!!! :D
Here are some pics



Sorry - none of me. I had throw up in my hair and hadn't showered till today! I'm still in the hospital till about Wednesday. I'm fine with that - means Dmitri only stays 2 days without us. But then we'll be coming by everyday till he gets out! :D
They check my blood pressure - it was high - then my urine - it had some protein. Well the doctor comes in and says it looks like I've developed preeclampsia and this baby is comin' out today. Ahh! Luckily Daniel thought it'd be wise for me to pack a bag - so I had that with me. They give me orders to head down to Labor and Delivery immediately - and of course, I do.
Daniel arrived about 20 minutes later and they started the induction.
The first little bit was fine - easy enough to handle - so they upped the pitocin. The contractions that came next were the "everyone is annoying me - get the freak out of my face." I felt that was a good time for the epidural.
The anesthesiologist comes in to administer it - not fun. Me and my big prego contracting belly had to lay on our side and squeeze my legs up as far as possible [nurses came in very handy then]. Well the epidural didn't feel so good going in - but once in it was like heaven! I also got a nifty little button to push every time I needed more.
My labor still wasn't progressing much - so they broke my water - still slow as a snail. Well apparently they waited too long before taking him out - because come Saturday arounds 6 [mind you my labor started Friday around 12] I had come down with a temperature and still suffering from that high blood pressure.
At that point I was so out of it from all the antibiotics I was on - I was all for it when they mentioned C Section. I had been in labor for 30 hours and only dilated to a 5 and 90 thinned.
And that's what they did. At 5:40 they drugged me up some more - wheeled me in the operating room and took little Dmitri out. Apparently he wasn't happy about this because they had to vacuum him out - he went back up in the womb as far as he could. Oh - and the wheeling me from my room to the operating room - no bueno. It made me so nauseas [especially since I hadn't eaten in 36 hours and had all the medicine on an empty tummy] - yea - I vomited. It was weird because my entire body was numb so throwing up - I couldn't breath and kept choking. It was scary :(
Anywhos - they got him out - screamin' like a banshee! It felt like eternity before they showed him to me - but when they did - sooooooo cute! He was just beautiful :) He came out weighing 6lbs 10oz [much smaller then the 8 or 9 lbs I was thinking] and 19 1/2 inches long. He had a full head of black hair. He is such a doll!
He's been such a good baby! He sleeps a ton and actually gets annoyed when you wake him up to feed him or disturb his sleep. He's so cute - I just want to kiss his little face up!
On a not good note - since it had been so long between when they broke my water and when he was delivered - I came down with an infection and passed it to him :( He has to keep taking antibiotics and has had so many needles in him - I feel so bad! He's strong though and he's getting better by the minute!
I've been getting better as well. The first night - totally out of it - second night - out of it but a little more in reality. So I keep getting better as well. I'm totally off all my antibiotics and now just waiting for little Dmitri to come around :) Hopefully he'll be home by Saturday!!! :D
Here are some pics
Sorry - none of me. I had throw up in my hair and hadn't showered till today! I'm still in the hospital till about Wednesday. I'm fine with that - means Dmitri only stays 2 days without us. But then we'll be coming by everyday till he gets out! :DThe C Section - not super bad. You definitely don't realize how much you use your abs till you can't use them anymore. The cut is really low and not too long - I also get the staples out tomorrow [woohoo!]. But yea - peeing has been fun - getting up - also fun. But each day has gotten better and I forget about how crappy I felt the one prior.
It was all worth it though - waited 9 months to see this beatiful face and I'm enjoying every minute of it! :D




He is SO Flippin AdORaBLe!! All that dark hair! He seriously is darling - can't wait to meet him! CONGRATS!
ReplyDeleteOh my Goodness Sara!! He is so so Cute!! And he is a little one... I cant believe all of that dark hair.. I am so Happy for you two!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY! Congratulations!! He's so cute - I love his dark hair! I can't wait to see him! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D
ReplyDeleteSara and Daniel...six days after your birthday and five days before Grandpa's...that's pretty awesome...he is beautiful...Welcome to the Family Dimitri...
ReplyDeletehe is so freaking cute! i am so happy for you guys! it makes me extra anxious for our little one to be here!! i cant wait to meet dmitri! im so glad you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute! I bet you are having so much fun! It is freaking me out a little that you and Mike are now Fathers Dan! Congratulations to your both! He looks so healthy and darling! Your OLD babysitter!:)
ReplyDelete