About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Baby Dmitri update!

My little baby is one week old! We were told that he'd prolly be going home today [Saturday] but he made such progress that we were able to pick him up yesterday morning! His last dose of meds was at 7 am - and we left the hospital at 8. It felt soooo good! The nurses were awesome and I'm truly grateful to them for the care they provided. Also - his pediatrician - he's been wonderful through all of this. Oddly enough - he was also Daniel's pediatrician growing up. He just happen to be the guy making rounds that morning. Well needless to say - we're sticking with him.
Our first day at home was a little hectic and we had some adjustments to make - but we've all settled in quite nicely.
Dmitri's first night in his own bed - that actually went a lot better then I thought it was going to go. I actually woke up every 2 hours - even if he didn't - to check on him. His pre-nighttime feeding was at 12:30 - and he slept till about 3. Feed him - changed him - back to sleep. The next wake up was at about 6 - so not too bad. Same thing - feed - change - back to sleep. So I'm not complaining. I hope the nights stay last last night - or atleast improve :)
Agenda today - Daddy and baby have been "playing" PS3 all morning. Or more like Daddy has been playing PS3 all morning while baby sleeps in his lap :) After gaming - Dmitri gets his first scrub down at home - then we'll play things by ear.
Oh - tomorrow is mine and Daniel's wedding anniversary! I can't believe how time flies. The plan was to drive up to Bear Lake [our honeymoon location] - get some shakes and do some shopping. We've put that on hold for a few weeks. The 3 hour drive with a newborn seemed pretty rough.
Anywhos - I need to post one week pics! I'll have to take some today after his bath.
Oh - I also have to add - I have the most amazing husband! He's been by my side through out this whole experience - I don't know what I'd do without him. He takes such good care of me and has been such a wonderful Dad to Dmitri. I'm so blessed to have him in my life. I love you Daniel - and Dmitri!! :)

Oh yea - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE! :)

Baby Dmitri at 1 week

4 comments:

  1. i am so happy everything is going well. he is such a cute little baby!! let us know when you guys get settled and dont mind visitors.. we want to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! He's soooo cute! The picture on the side where someone (Daniel?) is holding his little face...he's friggin adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a cute little baby boy! we are so happy for you! you will have cute kids! - Tiffany

    ReplyDelete