About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

And we're back :)

We're back from our fabulous vacation getaway! It was a way fun trip - and luckily the weather worked with us :D
We got into the Tacoma airport around 7:30 on Thursday. We walked outside the airport and it smelled and felt so good! It felt like I was back in California - very nice.
So Mike and Jennie picked us up - and we pretty much got started with our adventures. The first stop on our adventure was Claim Jumpers! It's my favorite restaurant - but sadly there aren't any here in UT :( I had a bowl of Baked Potato Cheddar soup. MMmm delicious! Once we had lunch - we headed to downtown Seattle - and to Pike's Market Place. I wish there was an open market like that in Salt Lake! I loved it! So much fresh fruits, flowers and veggies. It was fabulous. Plus I always enjoy seeing the dead frozen fish. It's always good times :)

That evening we drove out to Sequim because it was closer to the fairy that would take us over to Victoria. The fairy ride the next day was pretty cool. I was having stomach issues the night before - so I was a bit worried how I'd feel on the fairy. Luckily - no issues - mmm and feel of the cold ocean air was great! So cool and crisp.

Once is Canada - we had to go threw customs. LAME! Daniel and I got the 20 questions each way. Apparently we look like trouble makers.
I have to say pulling into Victoria - it was gorgeous! Just so clean and cute. Loved it! We went to the Royal BC Museum - it was very cool. We spent a couple hours there because it was so big! But they did an awesome job with it and everything was so detailed.
After the museum we walked around and did some sight seeing around the streets. They had a lot of cute little shops and restaurants. I was also in love with the trees that lined the streets. Lol the highlight of my husbands trips to Victoria? The $30.00 worth of candy bars her bought. He bought every candy bar [and a few sodas] that we don't have here. He even took a picture of them all laid out together. Too funny :) So we rapped up our Victoria trip and headed back to the fairy. Eee - the ride back was not so calm. Towards the end the water started getting choppy and the boat was swaying. Lol I was feeling a little bit of panic - I don't handle being in the ocean very well. Geh - sharks - you never know.The next day we took it easy - the feets were killin! So Jennie and I decided to do some shopping - while the boys went to see Indiana Jones. It was fun to have a maternity clothes shopping partner - and apparently we have the same taste :D But we got some AWESOME deals and I bought some much needed shorts. Oh - I also bought Dmitri some cute little onesies :)

Sunday we went to Dash Point. It was GORGEOUS! Again - it reminded me a little of home - love the smell and the air! The boys spent their time there flipping over rocks and digging for crabs. Boys will be boys :) I did some seashell collecting. Lol unfortunately my seashells didn't make it home. They were a little too stinky to be stashed in my bag for that long :]

After Dash Point we headed to Snoqualmie Falls. Oh my goodness - it was beautiful! The waterfall was flowin and the scenery around was just beautiful.



Snoqualmie was followed by dinner and Mike's brother - Travis' house. It was a very nice way to end the evening. And I would kill to have the view they do from their kitchen window. Oh - I also got to hold some baby chicks. Too cute! :D

We definitely had a great time! It was the getaway we needed and we got to hang out with Mike and Jennie :) Thanks for letting us stay with you guys!!! :D


4 comments:

  1. WOW! Looks sooo lovely and gorgeous and GREEN there!! I'm glad you all had fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun too! Thanks for coming up and seeing us. Now we will come and see you when you move to DC. And what can I say about the shopping, we both have good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of the prego shopping! Wow, i didn't realize canada was so pretty! Gonna have to take that trip someday. Hey Daniel - take some pics of your wife on vaca will ya?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol oh there are pics of me - I just vetoed them from the blog XD

    ReplyDelete