Our week hasn't been too bad. We did have some tummy rumbles
going on the past few days, though. Dmitri woke up on Wednesday
night, crying that his belly hurt.
I had him sit next to the toilet for a bit, since he's an unpredictable
puker, but thankfully nothing came out. He laid on our floor, close
to the bathroom, the rest of the night -- and stayed home from school
on Thursday.
Paige, on her sick day :(
The girls ended up with upset bellies, too, and poor Paige started
fevering as well. Luckily it passed quickly, but not as quick as we had
thought. We skipped on the ward Christmas party, so we wouldn't
spread the stomach bug cheer, but decided to load the kids in the car,
and run a couple errands, with the intention of them just sitting in the
car, while Daniel or I ran into the stores. Well, we got stuck in some bad
traffic. Like, worst I've seen here, because of an accident. While we were
sitting in traffic. Not to long into our excursion, Paige started to whine that
her belly hurt. I asked her all the usual questions; do you need to puke,
use the bathroom, hungry... She said no to all, but that she was thirsty. So
we got her a drink, and that didn't help. She was still complaining, but
we were stuck in traffic on the freeway, and couldn't go anywhere! She
ended up falling asleep, just in time for Dmitri to start complaining that
his belly hurt again. I totally thought we were in the clear with him, since
he had been back to school, and was eating fine, and with no complaints.
But no... he had once last spurt. So while we sat in traffic, both kids were
in the back suffering. He got close enough to an exit, and decided to get
off, and take the back road to Costco. Once we got there, I ran Dmitri
to the bathroom, and all he did was pee... He said he was good, and just
hungry now. Ay yi! So while we grabbed the things we needed, he had
a couple Costco samples. That turned out to be another bad idea, because
we ended up parked next to a trash can, waiting for him to throw up,
which he never did. So we finished up fast, grabbed one of the handy
boxes at checkout, just in case he decided he really needed to throw up,
said forget the other errands, and headed home. Kind of a waste of a trip,
since I only needed 3 things. One that was not super urgent, and two I
could have driven down the street for. Oh well. I got a churro out of it.
(Stuck in traffic, with Paige's sulfar burps, that were KILLING us!)
Daniel had his last scouting event last Wednesdays. He has been the
scout master in our ward, for almost 4 years! So crazy. But they
finished out with a Court of Honor, so I think that was a good time
to leave that calling, and get to present the boys with their merit badges
one last time.
This week we said goodbye to football, and I am happy to say goodbye
to this football season, because the hardest part of the whole thing, was
remembering to bring his mouth guard! I have no idea why we almost
always left it behind, then had to go back for it. He had a makeup game,
the Thursday before his last Saturday game, so he and Daniel just went,
since it was cold out, and ran into Lydia's bedtime. About 20 minutes after
they left though, I got a call from Daniel asking me to bring Dmitri's mouth
guard. So I loaded up the girls, and we took it to them. That wasn't too bad,
but the drive back, ay yi!! It took us 45 minutes to get home, when it should
have taken 10-15. We pulled into our house, right as the boys were leaving
the game. Blah.
Saturday Dmitri had his last football game of the season, as well as
Breakfast with Santa, at school. They were both about the same time,
and we were trying to make both, but his class was performing during
the breakfast, and he really wanted to be there.
So we missed out on football, and just did the breakfast. He still got
his football medal, though, because we left the breakfast right as his
couch was packing up so he was happy about that!
I had been busy last week, spray painting my heart out for Breakfast with
Santa! I had to spray paint 200 snow cone cups red, and also spray 200
clothespins white.
That was lots of fun, especially that snow cone cups, that needed like
4 coats of paint, and kept blowing away... So it was quite the process.
But all the kids seemed to not mind the less than perfect paint jobs, so
that was good!
Daniel had a work party on Saturday. The kids got to sit on Santa's lap, at the party. Daniel forgot, until about 20 minutes before we left.... That we were supposed to bring a gift for Santa to give the kids π So we scrambled, and pulled out some gifts we had already bought them, but didn't have time to wrap them. Luckily they weren't phased by the grocery bag wrapping.... Dmitri always talks about the Santa's at the malls, and how they have fake beards, and how he's going to pull one off, yada yada. Well, he was front and center go Santa tonight, and was completely starry eyed! π He didn't even mind that Santa kept readjusting his beard, he was just too excited!! On the top of Dmitri's Christmas list have been Five Nights at Freddy's blind bag key chains. So Daniel grabbed one of the ones we bought him for Christmas. Luckily it happened to be his favorite character!! Paige and I ran into Santa at the bathroom... And she about died with excitement! She has been talking all about sitting on Santa's lap this year, so I totally thought she would. When it was her tune though, she said no π
The kids got to sit on Santa's lap, at the party. Daniel forgot, until about 20 minutes before we left.... That we were supposed to bring a gift for Santa to give the kids π So we scrambled, and pulled out some gifts we had already bought them, but didn't have time to wrap them. Luckily they weren't phased by the grocery bag wrapping.... Dmitri always talks about the Santa's at the malls, and how they have fake beards, and how he's going to pull one off, yada yada. Well, he was front and center go Santa tonight, and was completely starry eyed! π He didn't even mind that Santa kept readjusting his beard, he was just too excited!! On the top of Dmitri's Christmas list have been Five Nights at Freddy's blind bag key chains. So Daniel grabbed one of the ones we bought him for Christmas. Luckily it happened to be his favorite character!! Paige and I ran into Santa at the bathroom... And she about died with excitement! She has been talking all about sitting on Santa's lap this year, so I totally thought she would. When it was her tune though, she said no π
After the party, we stopped at one of our favorite Christmas houses,
to see their light display, and spy on Santa {the have a Santa projected
on one of the bedroom windows, and you can tune your radio to listen
to him. The kids loved the snow in the front yard, too!
I have no idea if these videos will work, or what order they are in. So hopefully
they turn out!
Christmas.
Paige being silly after gymnastics, which her found balloon, that she said resembled a head
Trying to look sweet and innocent, after spilling {actually the bag ripped} all over
the stairs....
Paige is big into PJ Masks right now, and since it's a new show, there aren't any toys for it yet. A Instagrammer I follow made the Pj Mask characters out of pegs, and I thought it was brilliant!! So I decided to make some for Paige. They were supposed to be for Christmas, but she caught me painting them π So she got them a little early. The blue one is Conner/Catboy -- who Paige calls Cowboy. The red is Amaya/Owlette -- who Paige calls Owlex. The green is Greg/Gecko -- who Paige calls Geygo.
I love matching them all on Sundays! This is my favorite little trio :)
Lydia has become quite the handful at church. She is two months away from
Nursery, and we are counting down every minute!! I had to take her during the
third hour (usually when Daniel has her, because I teach in Primary), because
Daniel had to teach in Elders Quorm. She was so sassy, and huffing and puffing
at me, and angrily crossing her arms. She's got a pretty cute mad face, though.




Good job Sara, on getting another post out! Keep it up woman! :)
ReplyDelete