So I started a post, about 5 days ago. It's even still open, in one of my tabs. But I'm going
to forget about that one for now, and write a new one! I'll just recap our weekend,
and last week. Hopefully that'll get me back into the swing of things! Goodness knows I need
it!!
We had quite the busy weekend! Friday evening, we attended our ward Trunk or Treat.
Dmitri has been SO excited for it! He loved seeing all his friends in their costumes!
All summer he told us he planned to be Thor for Halloween. We went to pick out his
costume, the beginning of October, and he fell in love with a fireman costume. So that's
what he picked out!
Daniel opted to be a bloody surgeon. He went easy on the blood, since with was a church
event.
Paige went as an adorable Cabbage Patch. I had seen the crocheted wig, on Pinterest. It
seriously cracked me up! So I decided it was perfect for her! I also made the wig, in under
two hours, and already had some of Daniel's baby overalls. Perfect!
I just love to play with make-up -- so I did a Sugar Skull face. Fun fun!
We also participated in the cinnamon roll contest. I didn't win, but oh well. They were still
super tasty!
An adorably scary family pic ;)

Paige trying on her costume! Oh it makes me laugh!!!

My finished face! Note to self... .97 white face paint from Wal-Mart, no good!

Here's Daniel, after he got himself, and the car put together. I think he's going to
go crazy with the blood, on Halloween!
Here's Dmitri in his costume, with his friend Ava. They've been friends for a
long time, and they are so funny together!
After Dmitri had gone around all the cars, he helped Daniel pass out candy.
I'm kind of going out of order here... Put this is actually last Saturday. It was
after Dmitri's first soccer game. There was a pumpkin patch, outside of the gym.
The sun was shining bright -- so I had a hard time, getting both kids to look at
the camera!
Dmitri has been enjoying soccer. He's had two games, and a few practices. His team is interesting.
We were one of the last people to sign up -- so his team has the least amount of players.
His first game, he did awesome! He was totally into it! He scored 3 goals, and the first goal of the season.
This past game, he was not into it at all. He could not stay focused, and instead kept leaving the game, to
go get water, or play in the back. Oh well.

After soccer, he attended his first classmate birthday party. He was actually the only boy -- which I kind
of thought he'd be. It was so cute though, when we got there, all the little girls go, "Hi Dmitri!!" He ended
up having a great time. He even got some of them, to play fireman and then policeman.

Today was our Primary Program at church. I had been rehearsing Dmitri's part with him, and he had it
down. He was SO excited to get up and say it. Well, he got restless in Sacrament, waiting for the Primary
kids to go up. I ended up having to take him out. So he was in a bad mood after that. Once he went up,
he was good, and sang the first couple songs. Then he started to be a stinker, and his teacher had to take
him, and sit somewhere else. I had to go help, and talked to him, and ended up sitting up there
with him.
He was still upset, and when it got to his turn, he got up to the podium, stood there, looked at everyone, didn't say anything, and got down. Ohwell. At least I got to hear him say it last Sunday, when they were
practicing!
Paige has also become restless in church. She only naps in her car seat, and crib. Dmitri's the same way, which I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse. So I spent a lot of time, in the Mother's Lounge, rocking her.
Here she is, in her Sunday best, sitting in the lounge with me!

So that was our weekend! Dmitri and Daniel carved pumpkins tonight. I need to get a pic, of their finished product!
Here are some randoms...
Cute kids, in a box!

Practicing Dmitri's name, before bed.

Here's Dmitri and Paige, about a month apart. Dmitri is 5 1/2 months, and Paige is almost 6 1/2 months

Speaking of Paige... I haven't posted a lot about her x'[
At 6 months....
She is getting the crawling thing down. She still mostly Army crawls though.
She sits up, and can go from crawling, to sitting all by herself.
She can pull herself up, on the step from the family room to kitchen.
She wakes up once a night {usually around 4-5am}, but every now and then
sleeps through it.
She likes her solids, minus green things! No peas or green beans for this girl!
She has a tooth! She got it at 6 months, and one week -- just like Dmitri.
I think the second one is either coming through any day, or just broke through.
She says "mama" and "dada" -- mostly when she wants out of her bed, or
is babbling.
She loves watching her brother, though he's not as interested in her.
She is such a good baby! She's so easy going, at least until hunger hits. Then you
better get some food in her, ASAP!
When she does cry, and I get her what she wants, or figure out what she wants,
she does this relieved laugh, through her crying.
She likes to walk around in her walker, and has even figured out how to go forward!
She's starting to get into the stranger danger phase. She's good for a second, then starts
crying, when she realizes Daniel or I are not holding her.
Fun fun!
We love this girl SO much! I can't help but kiss her up, when I'm holding her!
Waiting for dinner

Her tooth!

Climbing up the step

And trying out the shopping cart. I need to get a cart cover... because the poor girl slides around like crazy!

Alright.... hopefully more posts to follow, and I can get back up on the bandwagon!! ;D




They are so cute! I'm glad you're blogging again! I love your halloween makeup, it looks great for .97.
ReplyDelete