About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Look at me, I'm 3!! {Updated with some pics!}

My Dmitri turned 3 today {August 9th}!

I finally feelLink like I'm starting to catch up with his life.
I remember when he turned 1, and I couldn't believe
it came so fast!
Then 2 rolled around... and the same thing. How did
he get to 2 so fast?!
Now here we are, he is 3. I don't have that feeling right
now. I do somedays, but most days, I think yes, he's
really 3 {and buy somedays, I mean the days, weeks,
leading up to his big day}.

Maybe it's just that he screams 3. I can have actual
conversations with him. We get each other {most days}.
He understands comic relief. He knows how to play by
himself. He knows how to dress himself {and he has
superb matching skills. I'm completely serious about that!}.

I just look at him, and see a little boy. Of course, as I just
typed that, I got teary eyed! But not because I'm sad {okay,
maybe a little bit}, but because I'm so proud of him! I'm
so excited for him, to experience the world! To experience
everything. To find the joy in life, and friends, and family.

I love that he has such a tender heart. He always stops, to
ask if someone is okay. He likes when we give each other
squeezy hugs, and he says, "Again mommy! Squeeze really
hard!" I love how tight he holds me, when he doesn't want me to
say goodnight. I love that he wants to protect me, by holding
my hand, so I wont get "broken by cars, or get lost." I love that
he always tells me, he loves me more.
I love that I'm sobbing like a baby right now, because I love
him so much!

He has been such a joy in our lives! He is such a blessing to our
family. He is everything I could ever imagine he would be, at
this age.

The things I know; he'll be the best big brother, when that
time comes. He is always so concerned with how babies are,
and he is so gentle.
I know he'll be hurt by friends, because he doesn't take betrayal
of friends well {we've found this out from past experiences}, but
I know he'll always be open to meeting new people, and throwing
himself out there {which we've also found out from past experiences}.

The reason I started this blog, was to remember everything
about him, and to document his milestones and his experiences. It
has been an awesome journal for me, and I hope he looks back
at it, with happiness and love, the same way I do.

I love you more than words can ever say, my little Dimy! I even
love you stubborn side {how could I not, you get it from me!}.
I love your messy side, and your independent side! I love you
my baby boy! Even when your hands become bigger than mine,
I'll have the same love for you, as I did, the first time I saw you
on the ultrasound picture. The first time I felt you kick. The first
time I laid my eyes on your sweet face. I can't say it enough.
I love you. xoxox <3
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2011-08-09.jpg?t=1312977038
Well, now that I have cried every tear I have... I hope... lets talk
about his birthday!
I thought it'd be fun, to interview him. So here are his likes, at 3;

Favorite color - green, black
Favorite food - Apples
Favorite show - Yo Gabba Gabba {even though we
haven’t watched it in awhile, and he’s been obsessed
with Go Diego Go… hmm}
Favorite ice cream - green ice cream {pistachio}
Favorite toy - "Daddy 'merica" {The big Captain America,
that he got for his birthday today}
Favorite game - Puzzles
Favorite song - Jessie song {Jessie from Toy Story, a song
I made up, and he makes me sing to him, at night}
Favorite thing to do - Going to the beach!
Favorite movie - Toy Story {all}
Favorite animal - Horse {I did not know that!}
Favorite shape - Triangle
Favorite book - I Am Bunny
Favorite ABC - A {it's true}
Favorite number - 3 {of course! :}

I was undecided on having a party, but I few weeks back,
I reminded him that his birthday was coming up!
He immediately said, "My friends come to my party?! My
friends sing me happy birthday?!" Uhh.... so does that mean
you want a party...?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/blogvite.jpg?t=1312978110
Checking out his new mask and shield... and the party decor.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2011-8-61.jpg?t=1312977009
So we decided on a Captain America party, and invited all
his 3 years old friends! We also let everyone come dressed
in superhero attire! I didn't plan far enough ahead, so I couldn't
get him a costume. But we had bought him the mask, and shield,
for his birthday. I had also made him a Captain America shirt,
so he wore that. Well, he was going to wear his Cpt America shirt,
with Cpt America's face, because he insisted on wearing the shield
shirt to bed... Well, I also made a shirt for Daniel to wear, with the
shield - and since Dmitri wants to be JUST LIKE DADDY, he
wanted to wear his shield shirt too! Oy. But it was his day, and
I let him wear it. Regardless of the toothpaste stain, from the
night before...http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2011-8-68.jpg?t=1312976880
Oh, I should also say, his birthday party was this past Saturday.
We had it at our house, and luckily squeezed everybody in!
Dmitri was SO excited, all morning! He kept asking if his friends
were coming yet. And while I was getting ready, he kept saying,
"I'm so excited!!"
We had a great turnout for his party! And all the kids seemed
pretty excited! We warmed up, by playing with toys, followed by
lunch. After lunch, we played two games. The first was a bean
bag toss games. I cut stars out of a thick presentation board, and
also made bean bags. I was a little worried, that the stars were to
small for the kids. But they all did great!
Next, we played Pin the Star on the Shield. I made a shield out
of poster board, then some stars to pin on. I was worried the kids
wouldn't handle being blindfolded, but after watching the demo,
they were all excited, and wanted a turn!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2011-8-65.jpg?t=1312976960
Of course, everyone was a winner! Daniel and I discussed this
before the party, and decided everyone winning would be best!

After games, we opened presents and had cake. The party was
2 hours, and I thought we'd have a ton of time left over. But
holy cow, we didn't get to cake and presents, until the last 15
minutes!
Dmitri loved everything! He was so excited for everyone to sing
happy birthday to him, and when we did, he sat there, with a
silly small smile, and looked around at everyone.

After everyone left, and I was cleaning up, I asked him what
his favorite part was. He looks down, does a coy little smile, and
quietly says, "Presents." Lol of course! Did I even need to ask??
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2011-8-66.jpg?t=1312976899
Today, on his actual birthday, we had to wake up early. It was
a gymnastics day, and needed to drive Daniel to work. Well, I
wake up, just randomly, and notice a lot of sunlight coming through
the curtains. I look over, and Daniel's still laying in bed. I wake
him up, and say that I think he's late. He jumps out of bed, and
sure enough, he was running WAY behind! So we rush around and
run out the door.
Traffic was oddly on our side today, and he was only 15 mins late.
He hates being late, at all, and has never been late - the entire times
he's worked there! So awesome for him!
So we drop him off, then head home.

I felt like Dmitri was 2 steps behind me, all morning. So we had
to rush out of the house, to gymnastics, but actually got there
early. So awesome!
His class was really small today, so the teachers kept everyone
together. The other boy, Giuseppe, in his Tuesday class was there
too. They both started on the same day, and neither would do the
warm up exercises... but today, they both did them - and did awesome!
Giuseppe's mom, and I kept telling each other how happy we were,
that they were doing everything, not just the rotations! And they
both loved it, and laughed the whole time!
I honestly can't say enough about Dmitri's coaches; Coach Utah
and Coach Christopher. They are so good with kids! They are so
patient. And even when one of the kids screams the whole time,
they still make sure that kid is involved, and does everything that
the rest of the class does. Giuseppe's mom was telling me, that she
had enrolled him in with a different gymnastics place, and Giuseppe
wouldn't do anything. So the people just left him on the floor, and
ignored him. Obviously not a good experience for her, or him. So
she changed to this one, and was so happy she did! So it made me
feel even better, that I picked this place, because I almost went
with the other!
So along with doing the warmups, Dmitri did awesome on all the
rotations! He did an AWESOME handstand, against the mat! It
was the first time he had done them! His coaches complimented
him on it, and of course, he was so proud :]
{these are from Friday}http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2011-8-6.jpg?t=1312977023
So after class, we went and got some ice cream, for his birthday!
He wanted green ice cream... and they had some nice bright
green pistachio... He liked it at least :] When we were done with
out ice cream, we went to Petco, and looked at all the pets. He
had a good time watching and playing with the cats.
After pets, we went a picked out some birthday balloons. I told
him he could pick 2 colors, and then 1 fun balloon. So he picked
blue, black and a Transformers balloon {he was upset they didn't
have Diego}.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/Desktop1.jpg?t=1313106513
Of course, on the way back home, he fell asleep. He slept through
me taking him out of the car, and laying him on the sofa. Then
he slept through me moving him from the sofa, to the car, and
slept the entire way, to Daniel's work. Yikes! I guess he had a
fun day :]
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/ice.jpg?t=1312977065
He opened one more present, when we got home, and that was
his day!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2011-8-9.jpg?t=1312976859
Tonight, I asked him if his birthday was fun. He said YES! And
then mentioned not blowing out a candle, on his actual birthday.
So I pulled out the candle from his party, and lit it, then sang
him happy birthday... 3 times... and lit the candle each time.
He was satisfied with that!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/cand.jpg
So he had a great day, and party!
This is all I'm posting for now. My birthday was actually last
Wednesday, but I totally forgot, until the day of! :} Daniel
had to work, so it was just me and Dima, hanging out! I got
some sweet comments on Facebook, and some fun cards and
packages in the mail, from some of my favorite people!
Daniel ended up having to work until 5, so after he got home,
we went to dinner at Chile's. He also got me some flowers, and
a new lens for my camera! It's JUST shipped today though!
I can't wait to get it!!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/Desktop.jpg?t=1313106533
After dinner, we went home for cake. Dmitri, of course, helped me
blow out my candles :]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/39-1.jpg?t=1313107296
My German Chocolate bday cakehttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/41.jpg?t=1313107232
So good birthdays for me, and the boy!! :]

I think I have more to post, including some projects! But we'll
keep it at this for now!

Here are some more pictures, from his party!http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2011-8-69.jpg?t=1312976869
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2011-8-67.jpg?t=1312976889
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2011-8-64.jpg?t=1312976975
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2011-8-63.jpg?t=1312976985
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/surban77/new/2011-8-62.jpg?t=1312976998

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you both had good birthdays! Dmitri's party is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara that is a really cute birthday party! You should upload it on some of those mormon mommy blogs. i have yet to have a birthday party for andrew that invloves other kids. i'm kind of afraid. having all those kids in my house....but you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! We loved the birthday party, and Parker and Penelope always bring up Dmitri when we talk about their friends!

    ReplyDelete