It's been less than a week since my last post.
So that's progress, right?! :)
There really has been nothing going on.
Dmitri woke up with a croupy cough last
Saturday. It wore off a bit during the day,
but came back around that evening.
Sunday, he still had the cough, and was a
little warm. So Daniel stayed home from
church with him.
His cough pretty much stayed a cough,
though he did wake up Monday, a little
lethargic. That was short lived though, and
he was back to his craziness.
Daniel had last Monday off, for Martin Luther
King day. It's always great when he's home!!
We decided to try for grass again, in our lanai,
so we went to Home Depot for all we'd need.
We also stopped at Target. Dmitri has gotten
a lot better about staying with us in the store,
but he ran off in Target, and Daniel had to run
after him. In the process, his Oakley sunglasses
fell out of his pocket, and by the time he realized
it, someone must have already picked them up.
We've called the Target lost and found, but no
luck. Blah!
So Daniel laid down grass seed, and some top
layer stuff. We also got a sprinkler with a timer,
which was our downfall last time... so hopefully
that helps! Also, assuming we can get the birds
to stop eating the seeds.......
That's really all that has been going on. I made
another quilt, to use up some squares I had
sitting around. I love it because I already had
everything, except the backing. So it was almost
cost free! :)
Yesterday, it was supposed to rain all day. We
got lucky though, and we had gorgeous clear
skies! So Dmitri and I headed to the park.
I had Dmitri walk, and our 15 min walk, turned
into a 45 minute walk.
He had to stop and pickup every rock... every
stick and chase every butterfly.
Chasing butterflies... I wish they were in the pic!
There were a ton of them!
It was fun though... until I became the one that
had to hold all his found treasures! :}
The topic of our walk was mail, and mailboxes.
Also sewer holes... and cable boxes. LOL very
interesting...
He was asking about a metal fence running along
the sidewalk. Then it was gone, and he wanted
to know what happened. I told him the bushes
were covering it... so he went to see for himself

He also picked some flowers for me, and gave
them to me in a crumpled pile. It was adorable
though! Some dandelions, and a hibiscus
The park had a handful of kids there. They were
all 5 and up, so Dmitri had fun watching them
on the bigger kid stuff.
There was a little girl that was about 4 or 5. She
kept following Dmitri around.
Dmitri and I were playing store, and she came
over to watch. I asked if she wanted to play,
and she shook her head yes. So Dmitri handed
her an 'ice cream' and she shook her head no.
Then she started trying to climb on the play
ground, but kept coming back over to watch.
Later, we headed over to another section, where
they have smaller slides, and some animal spinning
things.
He was spinning the animals around, and she ran
over and said "No no." and then blocked them.
Dmitri had this stunned look on his face. He'd look
at her, then me.
She started talking to him... but not in English. So
I determined, she must not speak English. Which
explained why she wasn't playing along.
He still played with her, though she got a little
bossy, and since Dmitri didn't understand what she
was saying, he'd look over at me with this confused
look like, "Mom, what am I supposed to do...?"
So after some playtime, Dmitri and I headed home.
He was pooped, so I ended up carrying him the
couple miles back... in the hot sun! I had sweat
dripping down my face. But we made it :]
Daniel came home soon after us, then went running.
I hadn't told him about the flowers Dmitri gave me,
so I was pleasantly surprised when he came home
with a flower for me! Such sweet boys, and flowers
twice in one day, love it!! :D
I have a few projects in the works, but here are
a few I did this past week.
The other quilt... and Dmitri hiding.
My favorite section of colors
I made Dmitri a pillowcase. I wanted to attempt
some squares like these... that one of my fave
quilters always does. I definitely need some more
practice!
The wall above Dmitri's bed has had many of
pictures and paintings... I've yet to find/make
something I like.
So I was singing Dmitri to sleep the other night,
and I started singing 'Teach Me to Walk in the
Light." Seriously... I couldn't finish the song,
because I started tearing up.
I think of Primary songs differently, now that
I have Dmitri. Like the second or third verse
of 'I am a Child of God' - I cry singing that now
too!!
Anywhos... while singing/slash crying, I thought
it be cute to put the lyrics to the song on his wall.
I am really happy I did! I love it, and I love the
song!
Lastly, while going through my stash of fabric,
I came across this fabric, that I bought on sale
a few years back. I finally found something to
make with it!
A conductor hat for Dmitri
So Dmitri has been super appreciative lately.
I was at the store, and Daniel text me that Dmitri
was asking for popcorn. So I brought some home.
I took the popcorn box out, and showed Dmitri.
He put his hands together and said, "Oh mommy,
pacorn! Thank you mommy! Pacorn!"
Also at the store, I found these dang cute mini
dinosaurs in the Valentines section. So I grabbed
them for Dmitri, and gave them to him the next
day. He did the same thing... hands together and
he said, "DINIES!!! Mommy, dinies!! Thank you
mommy!!" It was so cute :}

Everyone has seen the pedegg right...?
Well, Dmitri got ahold of the cheese grater,
and decided to take care of his dry feet...
While home sick on Sunday, Daniel and
Dmitri built a fort
And a fort for his bed...
Dmitri was looking at pics on Daniel's phone,
and saw a pic of himself - sitting with his friends.
So he decided to recreate the picture... and
grabbed all the stuffed animals that we in the
other picture... :}
Some more from our walk to the park.
When he saw this, he said, "Oh no mom! Look,
it's colored!" He thought someone had colored
on the sidewalk... so then he ran around the lines..



And lastly... last week Dmitri was a dog,
this week he's a cat. He came over to me
yesterday, and said "I a kitty, meow."
And started licking his arm. Today I threw
fish puzzle pieces for him, and he 'ate' them
like a cat. Oh the fun! ;)
Oh lastly, lastly... Dmitri's in super destructive
mode. He's torn apart and ripped a handful
of books... broken some DVD's by pulling them
out of the cases the wrong way... snapped my
quilting ruler in 3... among some other things.
So that's not so fun...
But some things I do want to write down, and
remember about Dmitri at this age;
- He calls breakfast "frefis"
- He likes to stand on his head, while
sitting on the sofa.
- He loves any chance he gets to be
a helper. Especially when I'm cooking.
- His new thing is saying, "Sup mommy." "Sup daddy."
Dmitri : "Mommy, mommy!!"
Me : What Dima?"
Dmitri : "Sup mommy."
- Since he was 9 months old... his frefis
of choice is eggs.
- His favorite letters are Q and D
- His favorite song to sing is 'Wheels on the Bus"
- If I turn music on, he comes running over,
and says "Dance momma, dance!" And he'll
grab my hands and dance with me. Lately,
he likes to stand on my feet while we dance.
- He wants to do everything by self. "No, by
self!" "I turn, Dimey's turn!" "I try, I try!"
- He'll tell me when he's tired or sleepy, but
heaven forbid I suggest he sleep! :}
- He still loves bath time.
- He likes to point out people in a family.
- He enjoys cross referencing... hopefully that
stays with him! He has a shapes book, and
a shapes puzzle, and will match them up,
"Triangle, triangle. Square, square...." Same
with numbers. He has a number pad that
has the picture and says the number... so with
his number puzzle, "1, 1. 8, 8"
- His favorite shape is a circle - and he likes
to point them out.
- He's big into scary things right now. Which he
doesn't like, and neither do it.
- He's started to climb up the front of the fridge,
by holding onto the handle. Boo!
Speaking of scary.... I got him a Glow Worm
to sleep with at night. I asked him what it's name
was. He told me it's name was Baby. LOL okay,
so he sleeps with Baby every night :}
And... that's all for now!
So that's progress, right?! :)
There really has been nothing going on.
Dmitri woke up with a croupy cough last
Saturday. It wore off a bit during the day,
but came back around that evening.
Sunday, he still had the cough, and was a
little warm. So Daniel stayed home from
church with him.
His cough pretty much stayed a cough,
though he did wake up Monday, a little
lethargic. That was short lived though, and
he was back to his craziness.
King day. It's always great when he's home!!
We decided to try for grass again, in our lanai,
so we went to Home Depot for all we'd need.
We also stopped at Target. Dmitri has gotten
a lot better about staying with us in the store,
but he ran off in Target, and Daniel had to run
after him. In the process, his Oakley sunglasses
fell out of his pocket, and by the time he realized
it, someone must have already picked them up.
We've called the Target lost and found, but no
luck. Blah!
So Daniel laid down grass seed, and some top
layer stuff. We also got a sprinkler with a timer,
which was our downfall last time... so hopefully
that helps! Also, assuming we can get the birds
to stop eating the seeds.......
That's really all that has been going on. I made
another quilt, to use up some squares I had
sitting around. I love it because I already had
everything, except the backing. So it was almost
cost free! :)
Yesterday, it was supposed to rain all day. We
got lucky though, and we had gorgeous clear
skies! So Dmitri and I headed to the park.
I had Dmitri walk, and our 15 min walk, turned
into a 45 minute walk.
He had to stop and pickup every rock... every
stick and chase every butterfly.
There were a ton of them!
had to hold all his found treasures! :}
The topic of our walk was mail, and mailboxes.
Also sewer holes... and cable boxes. LOL very
interesting...
He was asking about a metal fence running along
the sidewalk. Then it was gone, and he wanted
to know what happened. I told him the bushes
were covering it... so he went to see for himself


them to me in a crumpled pile. It was adorable
though! Some dandelions, and a hibiscus
The park had a handful of kids there. They wereall 5 and up, so Dmitri had fun watching them
on the bigger kid stuff.
There was a little girl that was about 4 or 5. She
kept following Dmitri around.
Dmitri and I were playing store, and she came
over to watch. I asked if she wanted to play,
and she shook her head yes. So Dmitri handed
her an 'ice cream' and she shook her head no.
Then she started trying to climb on the play
ground, but kept coming back over to watch.
Later, we headed over to another section, where
they have smaller slides, and some animal spinning
things.
He was spinning the animals around, and she ran
over and said "No no." and then blocked them.
Dmitri had this stunned look on his face. He'd look
at her, then me.
She started talking to him... but not in English. So
I determined, she must not speak English. Which
explained why she wasn't playing along.
He still played with her, though she got a little
bossy, and since Dmitri didn't understand what she
was saying, he'd look over at me with this confused
look like, "Mom, what am I supposed to do...?"
So after some playtime, Dmitri and I headed home.
He was pooped, so I ended up carrying him the
couple miles back... in the hot sun! I had sweat
dripping down my face. But we made it :]
Daniel came home soon after us, then went running.
I hadn't told him about the flowers Dmitri gave me,
so I was pleasantly surprised when he came home
with a flower for me! Such sweet boys, and flowers
twice in one day, love it!! :D
a few I did this past week.
The other quilt... and Dmitri hiding.
some squares like these... that one of my fave
quilters always does. I definitely need some more
practice!
pictures and paintings... I've yet to find/make
something I like.
So I was singing Dmitri to sleep the other night,
and I started singing 'Teach Me to Walk in the
Light." Seriously... I couldn't finish the song,
because I started tearing up.
I think of Primary songs differently, now that
I have Dmitri. Like the second or third verse
of 'I am a Child of God' - I cry singing that now
too!!
Anywhos... while singing/slash crying, I thought
it be cute to put the lyrics to the song on his wall.
I am really happy I did! I love it, and I love the
song!
I came across this fabric, that I bought on sale
a few years back. I finally found something to
make with it!
A conductor hat for Dmitri
I was at the store, and Daniel text me that Dmitri
was asking for popcorn. So I brought some home.
I took the popcorn box out, and showed Dmitri.
He put his hands together and said, "Oh mommy,
pacorn! Thank you mommy! Pacorn!"
Also at the store, I found these dang cute mini
dinosaurs in the Valentines section. So I grabbed
them for Dmitri, and gave them to him the next
day. He did the same thing... hands together and
he said, "DINIES!!! Mommy, dinies!! Thank you
mommy!!" It was so cute :}
Well, Dmitri got ahold of the cheese grater,
and decided to take care of his dry feet...
While home sick on Sunday, Daniel andDmitri built a fort
and saw a pic of himself - sitting with his friends.
So he decided to recreate the picture... and
grabbed all the stuffed animals that we in the
other picture... :}
Some more from our walk to the park.it's colored!" He thought someone had colored
on the sidewalk... so then he ran around the lines..

this week he's a cat. He came over to me
yesterday, and said "I a kitty, meow."
And started licking his arm. Today I threw
fish puzzle pieces for him, and he 'ate' them
like a cat. Oh the fun! ;)
Oh lastly, lastly... Dmitri's in super destructive
mode. He's torn apart and ripped a handful
of books... broken some DVD's by pulling them
out of the cases the wrong way... snapped my
quilting ruler in 3... among some other things.
So that's not so fun...
But some things I do want to write down, and
remember about Dmitri at this age;
- He calls breakfast "frefis"
- He likes to stand on his head, while
sitting on the sofa.
- He loves any chance he gets to be
a helper. Especially when I'm cooking.
- His new thing is saying, "Sup mommy." "Sup daddy."
Dmitri : "Mommy, mommy!!"
Me : What Dima?"
Dmitri : "Sup mommy."
- Since he was 9 months old... his frefis
of choice is eggs.
- His favorite letters are Q and D
- His favorite song to sing is 'Wheels on the Bus"
- If I turn music on, he comes running over,
and says "Dance momma, dance!" And he'll
grab my hands and dance with me. Lately,
he likes to stand on my feet while we dance.
- He wants to do everything by self. "No, by
self!" "I turn, Dimey's turn!" "I try, I try!"
- He'll tell me when he's tired or sleepy, but
heaven forbid I suggest he sleep! :}
- He still loves bath time.
- He likes to point out people in a family.
- He enjoys cross referencing... hopefully that
stays with him! He has a shapes book, and
a shapes puzzle, and will match them up,
"Triangle, triangle. Square, square...." Same
with numbers. He has a number pad that
has the picture and says the number... so with
his number puzzle, "1, 1. 8, 8"
- His favorite shape is a circle - and he likes
to point them out.
- He's big into scary things right now. Which he
doesn't like, and neither do it.
- He's started to climb up the front of the fridge,
by holding onto the handle. Boo!
Speaking of scary.... I got him a Glow Worm
to sleep with at night. I asked him what it's name
was. He told me it's name was Baby. LOL okay,
so he sleeps with Baby every night :}
And... that's all for now!




I love reading your blog, you are so smart to keep track of the likes and dislikes and the funny/cute things he does. Love You !!!
ReplyDeleteSara, if you're not going to start an etsy store can you just get your own tv show? and start showing us how you make all your cute things?!
ReplyDeletematthew loves his oakleys too. he would have freaked out of someone stole his. all though i think they're kind of flimsy. i need some new sunglasses. i haven't bought any since our honeymoon, and that was a wedding gift to myself.