About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Annnd... we're back.

Alright, I'll spare you the 2000+ pics I took in California.
But be warned, there are still a LOT below ;)

So we weren't able to leave Thursday, and good thing! We
got hit with a serious storm! Like pouring pounding rain!
The windows were open, and the shades were dripping for
hours, after we closed the windows and the shades dried!
It also dropped to 60 degrees. But come the afternoon, it
was almost 80, and pretty much not a cloud in the sky.

Gotta love summer in Utah......

We did take advantage of still being here, and went to lunch
with some friends... followed by a haircut for Dmitri!
His first, non mom, haircut!
We had to wait for about a half hour, so we did some window
shopping in the meantime.
He liked the set up at Cookie Cutters, with the slide and video
games. He was also pretty excited to pick his own car to sit in!
His choice... an airplane. He loves them :)He was fine with everything... but total tears when the cape
went on. He just thought he was going to play in the plane, he
didn't think a haircut was coming!She for the first part, he buried his face in my side, while the
hairstylist hacked away. She was seriously fast!
The night before, he found some glucose paste in the cabinet
and decided to play with it. It has the consistency of corn syrup,
but he got a glob in his hair, and it was seriously like gum :( So
we had to go shorter then usual. But he still looked so so handsome!And he calmed down for the last couple minutes of the cut. So it's
nice and even!

So we left Friday evening for California. I drove the first part... with
was only till Elko. My mom was in the passengers seat, and I guess
I was freaking her out, so she made my dad drive the rest of the
way :[
But the drive wasn't bad, except that we didn't get to my brother's
until 4:30AM!!
But they had beds laid out for us, so we just crashed. Oh, except
Dmitri. He slept a majority of the drive, so carrying him in the house
from the car, he found a boost of energy, and I got to chase him
around a bit, before he settled down.

I slept till about 7:30. My nieces and nephew woke up at 7... and the
pitter patter of little feet upstairs woke Dmitri, with woke me. So
we went upstairs and played with them until everyone else woke up.

The first day there, Saturday, was pretty crazy! My niece and nephew
had gymnastics in the morning, and then it was was nephew Kallan's
6th birthday party at noon... so busy busy!
My sister Candice played babysitter while I helped get things ready
for the party.
It was pirate themed, and luckily I packed a pirate shirt for Dmitri!
So he fit right in :) He had a pretty good time! He loved playing with
his cousin Morgan, who's 18 months. But they got to play in the cars,
he got to hit the pinata, and go along with all the other kiddies. But
mostly, Dmitri's Papa and Oma chased him around for me, while I
took pics! :)

So we relaxed a bit, then headed to Round Table for another birthday.
It was my sister in laws, dad's birthday, so we had cheesecake and
pizza! Needless to say, this weekend was not good on my waistline...Sunday, we watched the kids, while my brother and sis in law went
to their Stake Conference. And then I got ditched with 4 kids while
my sister and parents went out to the store... and were gone for an
hour! It wasn't too bad though. But Dmitri did figure out he could
fit under the front gate... of course.

It was a lazy afternoon, and a fun evening. We ended up going to
San Francisco and walk around Pier 39.
They've been having some cooler weather, and Sunday it was gorgeous,
so EVERYONE was out! It was packed!
We got ice cream, and watched the sea lions. And just dinked around.
We just took my nephew Kallan. My brother and SIL, and nieces stayed
behind for a Sunday snooze. But it was fun!! And even though Dmitri's
too young, it was fun taking him pack to where I grew up!

Oh, Dmitri LOVED the hills in SF. He had his arms up, and would
say "WEEE" when we went down a hill :}
I took a video of him doing it, while we were going down Lombard St,
but there's too much chit chat going on it it :\

We took off Monday around 11 am. We stopped to get a copy of my
birth certificate. And then on the rode. This time I got to drive from
Winnemucca to Salt Lake... which we got to at almost 12 AM... it was
a long drive home 8|

Highlights;

Kallan Carol Applesauce Icy Blue Eyes Diaper Rash
{he didn't like the new name, but it was good times!}

Nudey people in SF... like 5. We all had a good laugh,
and it stirred quite the conversation.

Dmitri talking a WHOLE lot more!

The California {mostly Sierra} air!

Time with my family - even if it wasn't all of us.

So it was fun! Tuesday we didn't do much. We have a
cold going around, so for most the day I felt like a truck
hit me... But after some meds, I was feeling much better,
and headed up to go thrifting with some awesome friends :)

I seriously found the CUTEST shoes at the DI!!! See! :)I heart them, and they are dang comfy!!

And onto the pics!!!
Papa and Dmitri
Morgan pushing DmitriMorgan and my sister CandiceDmitri's turn at the pinata!My brother Roger with the treasure!Oma and MorgieKallan and his cake!Hehe... he was soooo dirty from running around!My niece Ashlyn! She reminds me of, me :}pep talk... Dmitri didn't want to sit in the stroller :\So we settled on the Ergo... after he houdinied out of the stroller

Cute.cute little luncheon... :)
And... random in Papa's shoes
So a fun week so far! Today I took my little sister school
shopping...

PS... DANIEL'S HERE IN A WEEK!!!!!!!!! XD

2 comments:

  1. Awww...your pictures make me miss S.F. soooo much!

    Hope you're having fun!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those are some gorgeous kids!!!!
    How long have you been cutting dmitri's hair? Have any tips for me? :]

    ReplyDelete