I feel so in the loop again.
I got my phone{s} fixed!!!
Everything I read online said that it's a waste to
get the backlight fixed, because it's expensive. And
then I just never bothered getting my home button
fixed on the other one, because I didn't see the point
since I had my other one {that was working at the
time}.
So I decided I should just call around and see if the
backlight can be fixed... and an estimate.
There was only one place that came up, so I called
them and the guy gave me an estimate of $35-45.
Wha....????
Ummm.... to Honolulu we go! I was lucky enough
not to get stuck in traffic! Though I had a heck of
a time finding a parking spot! I finally opted for paid
parking... lame, but that was my only option.
So we go in and wait to be waited on. The guys were
super nice, and there was quite a bit of people looking
for help.
I told them my problem, and they said it'd be $35
non-refundable just to open the phone and clean it
out. He said more then likely, that would help it, but
it's not guaranteed. So since it wasn't guaranteed, I
asked about my phone with the broken home button.
He said that one was more likely to work after being
cleaned, but it'd be $10 more. Decisions decisions...
So I text Daniel, and he said for $35, it's at least worth
a shot. So that's what we went with.
The place says they repair under an hour... so Dmitri
and I just waited.
Dmitri was actually an angel the whole time! Even with
all the electronics and computers around.
So the guy tells me what the problem is {I totally don't
remember now... something about hairline wires} so
the phone needed a new part. He showed me that once
he replaces the part, the problem is fixed... but the part
is $80. Alright... I guess it's fair, since it's still WAY cheaper
then buying another phone.
So he replaced it, and it worked! He said he can clean
out the one with the broken home button, so I said okay.
I wasn't expecting much... but he took it apart and cleaned
it all out. And it worked!!!
So now I'm going to sell the 3g... and keep my 3gs. Yay!
I love having a phone that totally works :D
And we also missed the commute traffic going home. It
was a good afternoon!
That evening, we went to our friends house to do some
crafting! Well, Dmitri played and blew bubbles... I did
the crafting :)
Pretty cool Thomas bubble blower!
So a good afternoon, and a good night, until Dmitri got a
little too crazy and it was past his bedtime!
Today, we went to Tripler to get Dmitri's TB results.
He passed.
Poor guy, he would not let go of me when we walked into
the clinic. Especially when he say the nurse that gave
him the TB shot.
Lucky for him, he just got a sticker this time :)
So after that we ran errands... and then home to Skype
Daniel.
He's doing good! He has his first test on Friday, so he's
been studying. But we miss him!! Dmitri loves talking
to him on Skype. He wont stop giving him kisses and high
fives through the computer screen. It's pretty adorable :)
Oh... here's the shirt I was working on. I used bleach, and
did a bleach tie-dye trying to make it look like mud. I
think it turned out pretty cool!!
I'm sure I'll have more crafts to post soon!
Dmitri has turned into a new kid this past week and a
half.
He now has 'jobs'. I try to straighten up his room every
night before he goes to bed. He had started pouring out
every container possible onto the floor, and taking all his
book off the shelve. So, now he has to help me clean. The
first night, his job was to pick up all the foamy blocks and
put them away. So he went around collecting all the foamy
blocks and putting them in their bin. Yesterday, his job was
to pick up all the books, and tonight it was to put all his
stuffed animals back into the bin. So since he's started with
his jobs, he seriously makes less of a mess! Like drastically
less.
Today, he spilled some rubber bands I had on the counter.
I come into the kitchen, and there he is... picking up the
rubber bands and putting them back in the bag.
Love it! He evens holds the dustpan for me, and puts his
dirty dishes in the sink! I hope he stays this way! XD
Tonight, I didn't have to sit on him to floss his teeth. He opened
his mouth and let me do it. Though brushing them was still
a struggle.
On top of that... I had to take a shower yesterday, and he
hadn't pooped yet. I told him if he needed to, he had to go
IN the potty! I come out of the shower, and he pooped in the
potty!
He's completely pee potty trained at home. Poop... is still a
struggle. Mainly because I had him in Pull Ups the whole time
he was sick. So I'm having to get him back in the habit. When
we go out, I haven't even bothered. I'd rather just keep him
in Pull Ups, and he's fine with that too, since he's still scared
of the auto flush potties :}
Sooo... good or bad? He is able to take the child locks off, so
he took the one to his bathroom off tonight, undressed
himself and got into the bathtub and started the water himself.
Kind of scary, but self sufficiency is a good quality, right? So
I hot glued the lock together, since he took all the blue tap
off last time. I don't know what to do if the hot glue doesn't
work... :[

He's talking a lot more, and repeating a lot more. So that's
been fun! I love his little voice! :)
Something tonight, anytime I ask him where his nose is,
he points to it. And then he goes to poke your eyes out...
because he thinks it's HILARIOUS! So I just gave up. But
since he's been into repeating lately, he was laying
in bed, and I asked him, "Where's your forehead?" and he
points to it! Then, "where are your ears?" He pointed to
them. "Where's your cheek?" He points to his cheek! So
the little booger knows them, but he's been holding out on
me!! He knew his cheeks, ears, chin, mouth, arm , hands,
fingers, legs, feet, hair, tummy, EVERYTHING!
Haha which is kind of a relief, because I was beginning to
worry about him!! :}
I bought a needle for the bike pump, to inflate some of
Dmitri's boucy balls. He of course likes to help... but he
helped a little too much with this one.... and tried to inflate
it with a knitting needle. It didn't work.... :}
And I just love pics of peaceful sleeping babies! Especially
this one, snuggling the pillow so cutely!
Alright, that's all I got!
I'm brainstorming some craft ideas, if anyone has
any, lemme know!
I got my phone{s} fixed!!!
Everything I read online said that it's a waste to
get the backlight fixed, because it's expensive. And
then I just never bothered getting my home button
fixed on the other one, because I didn't see the point
since I had my other one {that was working at the
time}.
So I decided I should just call around and see if the
backlight can be fixed... and an estimate.
There was only one place that came up, so I called
them and the guy gave me an estimate of $35-45.
Wha....????
Ummm.... to Honolulu we go! I was lucky enough
not to get stuck in traffic! Though I had a heck of
a time finding a parking spot! I finally opted for paid
parking... lame, but that was my only option.
So we go in and wait to be waited on. The guys were
super nice, and there was quite a bit of people looking
for help.
I told them my problem, and they said it'd be $35
non-refundable just to open the phone and clean it
out. He said more then likely, that would help it, but
it's not guaranteed. So since it wasn't guaranteed, I
asked about my phone with the broken home button.
He said that one was more likely to work after being
cleaned, but it'd be $10 more. Decisions decisions...
So I text Daniel, and he said for $35, it's at least worth
a shot. So that's what we went with.
The place says they repair under an hour... so Dmitri
and I just waited.
Dmitri was actually an angel the whole time! Even with
all the electronics and computers around.
So the guy tells me what the problem is {I totally don't
remember now... something about hairline wires} so
the phone needed a new part. He showed me that once
he replaces the part, the problem is fixed... but the part
is $80. Alright... I guess it's fair, since it's still WAY cheaper
then buying another phone.
So he replaced it, and it worked! He said he can clean
out the one with the broken home button, so I said okay.
I wasn't expecting much... but he took it apart and cleaned
it all out. And it worked!!!
So now I'm going to sell the 3g... and keep my 3gs. Yay!
I love having a phone that totally works :D
And we also missed the commute traffic going home. It
was a good afternoon!
That evening, we went to our friends house to do some
crafting! Well, Dmitri played and blew bubbles... I did
the crafting :)

Pretty cool Thomas bubble blower!
So a good afternoon, and a good night, until Dmitri got alittle too crazy and it was past his bedtime!
Today, we went to Tripler to get Dmitri's TB results.
He passed.
Poor guy, he would not let go of me when we walked into
the clinic. Especially when he say the nurse that gave
him the TB shot.
Lucky for him, he just got a sticker this time :)
So after that we ran errands... and then home to Skype
Daniel.
He's doing good! He has his first test on Friday, so he's
been studying. But we miss him!! Dmitri loves talking
to him on Skype. He wont stop giving him kisses and high
fives through the computer screen. It's pretty adorable :)
Oh... here's the shirt I was working on. I used bleach, and
did a bleach tie-dye trying to make it look like mud. I
think it turned out pretty cool!!
Dmitri has turned into a new kid this past week and a
half.
He now has 'jobs'. I try to straighten up his room every
night before he goes to bed. He had started pouring out
every container possible onto the floor, and taking all his
book off the shelve. So, now he has to help me clean. The
first night, his job was to pick up all the foamy blocks and
put them away. So he went around collecting all the foamy
blocks and putting them in their bin. Yesterday, his job was
to pick up all the books, and tonight it was to put all his
stuffed animals back into the bin. So since he's started with
his jobs, he seriously makes less of a mess! Like drastically
less.
Today, he spilled some rubber bands I had on the counter.
I come into the kitchen, and there he is... picking up the
rubber bands and putting them back in the bag.
Love it! He evens holds the dustpan for me, and puts his
dirty dishes in the sink! I hope he stays this way! XD
his mouth and let me do it. Though brushing them was still
a struggle.
On top of that... I had to take a shower yesterday, and he
hadn't pooped yet. I told him if he needed to, he had to go
IN the potty! I come out of the shower, and he pooped in the
potty!
He's completely pee potty trained at home. Poop... is still a
struggle. Mainly because I had him in Pull Ups the whole time
he was sick. So I'm having to get him back in the habit. When
we go out, I haven't even bothered. I'd rather just keep him
in Pull Ups, and he's fine with that too, since he's still scared
of the auto flush potties :}
Sooo... good or bad? He is able to take the child locks off, so
he took the one to his bathroom off tonight, undressed
himself and got into the bathtub and started the water himself.
Kind of scary, but self sufficiency is a good quality, right? So
I hot glued the lock together, since he took all the blue tap
off last time. I don't know what to do if the hot glue doesn't
work... :[
been fun! I love his little voice! :)
Something tonight, anytime I ask him where his nose is,
he points to it. And then he goes to poke your eyes out...
because he thinks it's HILARIOUS! So I just gave up. But
since he's been into repeating lately, he was laying
in bed, and I asked him, "Where's your forehead?" and he
points to it! Then, "where are your ears?" He pointed to
them. "Where's your cheek?" He points to his cheek! So
the little booger knows them, but he's been holding out on
me!! He knew his cheeks, ears, chin, mouth, arm , hands,
fingers, legs, feet, hair, tummy, EVERYTHING!
Haha which is kind of a relief, because I was beginning to
worry about him!! :}
I bought a needle for the bike pump, to inflate some of
Dmitri's boucy balls. He of course likes to help... but he
helped a little too much with this one.... and tried to inflate
it with a knitting needle. It didn't work.... :}
this one, snuggling the pillow so cutely!
I'm brainstorming some craft ideas, if anyone has
any, lemme know!




I cannot believe how big he is getting! And so dang smart :]
ReplyDeleteHey, can you give me the run down of how you did the shirt? I sa it and think it would be awesome to try on a few things. Any specifics like time, method, etc., would be quite useful. Shoot me an email of get me on FB or something! Can't wait to see you guys!
ReplyDelete