About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Crazy kid!

Well I had big plans for Monday.
Daniel was home, and I thought it'd be fun
to go downtown - and walk around Waikiki.

But we woke up to overcast skies. Which I
think would have been fine... but it just made
me feel lazy and want to stay inside.

I think Dmitri got a little stir crazy - because
he was cracking me up!!
He was just being so funny and doing silly
things.Here's a little bit that I got on camera. He
kept jumping on the laundry and I'd pick it
up and spin him around.
This pic reminds me of a naked newborn pic.Monday night Daniel had another kick ball
game.
There were a few more kids there, so Dmitri
had some people to play with.
At one point, I was holding him while we were
watching the game.
Daniel's team was in the outfield, and one of
Daniel's teammates dove to catch the ball and
fell. Dmitri flipped out! He started screaming
and crying and shaking his head! I had to take
him away to distract him.
I'm thinking either he thought the guy was
hurt, or he thought it was Daniel. They're about
the same height, same hair color and cut. Plus
all his team members have the same shirts.

When Daniel came back to the dugout, Dmitri
insisted that Daniel hold him. After that he
was fine - and we watched the rest of the game.

Daniel's team won!! Which is always awesome :)
He did really good. He stole some bases and
had some good plays! Woot woo!

Today Daniel worked, so Dmitri and I got out
and did some window shopping.
I just didn't feel like being stuck inside. So it
was nice to get out.
Oy. The shopping center that we went to, they
have those coin operated cars for kids. Dmitri
had been good - so when he asked to sit in one
of the cars, I said okay.
Well I had just barely used my last two quarters,
so he just got to sit in it and steer the wheel.
He also asked to use my keys, and he'd stick
the key into the coin slot.
It's so weird to me how much kids observe. I
had no idea he could even see me start the car.
So I was surprised when he pretended to start
this one with the keys.It always reminds me that he's always looking
and listening... so I need to be on my best
behavior!

As of last week, our ward now has 4 missionaries.
Our bishop wants the ward members to feed
them separately - so 2 families feed a set each
night.
They didn't have anyone to feed the new set
tonight - so I volunteered to drop food off to
them since Daniel was working.

Whenever we leave, I tell Dmitri to get some
shoes - and he used to get his own shoes. Now
he gets whatever he can find first. But for some
reason he's obsessed with wearing mine and
Daniel's shoes.
So I gave in tonight because I was running
behind, and still needed to pick up dinner for
the missionaries.
His shoes of choice was interesting.... but I
guess it's okay. No one saw him in them - and
he gave up on them before we got to the car.

Lol let's hope this is just a phase :}

And lastly.... I'm an idiot.Luckily it cleaned up easily...

2 comments:

  1. Noah and Dmitri remind me so much of each other. Noah still LOVES messing with the laundry. It kind of drives me crazy but it's cute either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our floors look the same. And our walls. Thank goodness it's crayola washable crayons. So far we've managed to keep markers away from him.

    ReplyDelete