About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Back in the groove...!

I have a lot to do tonight, and tomorrow.
Biggest thing is laundry!

I'm out of the essentials, and need things
for my trip. And Daniel is out of socks and
essentials as well.
Which usually means I'm slacking on laundry.
I need to come up with a better method then
running out of underwear when determining
laundry day :}

Our weekend was good. Saturday Daniel
and I had a date night, our first in a LONG time!
We asked one of the Young Women in our ward
to watch Dmitri for us.
She's babysat him once before - and it was a
while ago. So I was a little concerned how he
would take it.

So we briefed her of his routine and everything
else, say goodbye, and off we go.
As we were closing the front door, he turns,
smiles and just starts waving and saying bye.

The little booger didn't even care!

Sigh.
So we went and had sushi, which was yum and
hit the spot! Then went to see Alice in Wonderland,
which I ended up liking.
I'm not too much of a Tim Burton fan {sorry Candice}
but I did like it.
I thought the scenery and graphics were great!

So date night was a success! Dmitri went to bed
no problem for the babysitter, so I was very
happy about that!!

Daniel's been working a lot of nights - which has
really sucked :[
It's been so so lonely! On the good side, I sleep
through him being gone {mostly}. On the bad
side, he sleeps all day. So it's like he's not even
home anyway. Ugh - the nightshift shift can't
be over soon enough!
I'm almost considering getting a cat. One that
doesn't poop, shed, claw or whine. If you know
of one, let me know :}
{or get fleas}

Today Dmitri had his 18 month appointment... a
little behind... considering he hit 19 months today.

His appointment went good! He was fine with
them checking his height and weight, and temp
and all that stuff. He just sat there was watched
everything that was going on.
There was one point when I moved my arm from
around his stomach {he was on my lap} while I
was talking to the nurse, and he takes my arm
and wraps it back around his stomach. So he was
a little unsure about what was going on :}

His stats;

Height: 33 inches 92%
Weight: 24.2 lbs 25%
Head 18.5 inches 25%

I'm not convinced his height is actually 92%.
I checked the stats online - and all the calculators
say 66%. But the doctor asked if he was born early,
and yes, he was born at 37 weeks. And I'm pretty
sure he based the percent off the preemie chart
that I think he pulled up.

While we were there, they estimated his adult
height based on his growth. They said he'd at
least be 6 ft - but probably over.
Daniel has always said he hopes Dmitri's at least
6 ft - so he was happy to hear that!

I was a little grossed out, and a little amused,
when Dmitri took my pen and a paper the nurse
gave me, and laid on the floor to color.
Lol there was some cringing when I thought about
how dirty that floor must be, but the doctor didn't
seem to have a problem with it, so I guess it was
okay.
Luckily there was a sink in the room - so Dmitri
got his hands thoroughly washed!

Developmentally the doctor said Dmitri is about
24 months, and moving right along.
I've been trying to get Dmitri to talk more and
use his words. He knows a lot of words, but they're
very sporadic. He'll still just use a word once or
twice - and then not use it again for awhile.
I'm not trying to make him learn more then
he's ready for, I'm just trying to get him to use
more words then "do" when he wants something.
And trying to remind myself not to talk for him.
Daniel and I do that a lot.

When he wants something or his cup needs to be refilled, he'll
come up and tap Daniel or me - and we're supposed
to follow him. Then he just points to what he wants
and says "do."
But I think he's learning. And having less temper
tantrums because he's learning to express himself
more.

He also got the first part of his H1N1 vaccine. Now
I just have to remember to go back... because I
dropped the ball on the seasonal flu shot...
Ugh! I also lost his shot record AGAIN! I had it like
two days ago - and put it somewhere I'd remember
it. And of course - totally forgot WHERE I put it.
Luckily I didn't need it, because they finally got their
new system going and have his shot records stored
in there.

So I found a white shirt I bought Dmitri a while ago.
I meant to craft something on it, but totally forgot
about it.
So I ended up doing a freezer paper transfer on it.

I went with Elmo, because he's Dmitri's new fave. I
cannot find my black fabric paint, of course, and I
didn't want to go buy red. So I went with green.
I need to take a pic of him wearing it, so maybe he'll
wear it tomorrow.Ahh!! I leave tomorrow for Utah! I'm having anxiety
about it. One, I hate flying. Two, I hate flying over
water. Three, I hate flying with a baby, alone. Let's
hope Dmitri sleeps through it.
Wait - I should say I don't mind flights that are less
then 2 hours, and over land. Totally fine with those.
Which is weird...

But I'm excited to see our families and friends, but
totally already miss Daniel :(
I wish he was coming too!!!

Alrighty...

Dmitri favorite word is no. Here he is singing it,
while jumping on the sofa. Of course.

Spinning in the chair :)Wake up - play with toys. Good morning :)Last night Dmitri was sitting with me. I
thought he was doing it lovingly... until
he slyly moves his hand over to my computer
keyboard! I moved his hand away... and 5 seconds
later, his little hand is creeping up on the keyboard
again, with his eyes diverted towards the tv.
It was a cheap move! XDWELL HELLO!
{lol I had to add it X}And please don't mind my hair. I plan to
get it done in Utah. Cough cough, mom.

We watched American Idol tonight. Here
he is eating an apple and watching. He approved
of the song choice :}
Gotta say, not loving Ellen as a judge.
I usually like her, and she is funny on the
show, but I don't think she gives any advice that
helps the contestants. She just a Paula replacement
because Paula was the same way.
I think they should just go back to 3 judges.
And I don't get what they like about Siobahn.
I don't care for her voice.

1 comment: