I'm not really in a blogging mood - more a
tired, want to go to bed move.
But I figured I'd blog anyway - because it's
been awhile.
Well - not much going on here.
Friday, Daniel got to go into work a little bit
late - so that meant he watched Dmitri while
I went to yoga!
I really wish they'd switch the classes to
nighttime again :\
Anyways - that went well. I felt a little
disconnected at first - but before I knew it,
the class was over, and I felt good!
That afternoon I picked up our friends who
had just dropped off their car to be shipped
back to the good ol' mainland. Sad!! :[
But once that was all taken care of, we went
to lunch. We went to Bob's. It's been around
a long time - and once you see this place, you'll
know how long. I'm always skeptical of wagons
or shakes. I just imagine hair and rats everywhere...
But I was optimistic because they were
telling me good things - and the good things
didn't disappoint! It was delisious!
It's Hawaiian food - which isn't usually my
favorite..........
But it was good! I accidently ordered a
regular thinking it was enough for one.
More like two or three.... but Daniel was
happy to finish it off later that afternoon.
Saturday... I did not go to yoga. Even though
the night before I made a mental assurance I
would go - because Daniel was home. Mmm
I slept right through. It starts at 8 on Saturdays,
so no go.
But we all woke up and had a nice french
toast breakfast. And I really think that was
the highlight of our day X}
Daniel had to pick up someone he's sponsoring
from the airport. So he picked him up and
took him to where he needed to go to get
signed in and settled in. Daniel got taken by
one of the lei stand ladies. He said she said
$4 {which is the usual price} for one of the
leis, but she rang it up as $12, and she stuck
to it. Of course they have a no return policy.
Sneaky sneaky....
Sunday we got dressed up in our Christmas
Sunday bests! I bought Daniel a tie so he
could have a Christmas 'outfit' and also bought
one for Dmitri. Dmitri's was a little different,
but they still looked similar. So of course I loved
that!!
Daniel was teaching the missionary class
{which is during Sunday school} and Priesthood.
So - that meant Dmitri was with me. All. through.
class. During class he's really not a problem.
Except that some of the kids stop listening
and instead pay attention to whatever Dmitri
was doing. So there was a lot of that.
Our room always has a spider or two... and I
just about died {seriously} when I look over and
one of the boys is HOLDING a spider! By the
legs!!! Seriously. About died! So I yelled at him
to kill it or throw it out the window. But stop
playing with them!
Eck eck eck.
Our lesson was on the birth of Christ, so they
got to cut and color their own Nativity while
I read about the birth of Jesus.
So off the sharing time and singing time. And
that's when it gets tuff with Dmitri. He'll sit
for a bit - but then wants to get up and run
around. So I have to leave my class and walk
him around the building a couple times. Then
distract him from the drinking fountain, and
the outlets and the dirt. And handle quite a
few temper tantrums while I do it.
February - and he's in Nursery. Eeee!! :}
So after all that - home - 3 hour nap - and
a lovely Sunday afternoon.
Monday I headed out to get a few Christmas
presents. I forgot the stroller - so I had to
carry Dmitri for a few hours. He was pretty
much near an angel - but my that boy has
gotten heavy! I have lost a pound everyday
that I've done that this week! So I should do
it more often....
But my back has been killing me - so I need
to find a happy medium.
That afternoon I finally got to the post office.
That stupid place has been eluding me for weeks
now! But I made it - and bought stamps, and
mailed some stuff. So Christmas cards are on
their way friends and family! And they might
just make it before Christmas ;)
Daniel and I had a stomach bug for a few days,
and it started hitting when I left the house. I
was standing in line at the post office about
to puke or {cough cough} something else.
There was a line of about 10 people ahead of
me - and the whole time I kept thinking I'm
going to get the guy that always talks a lot.
And yes - I did. Out of 5 other people I get him.
Seriously about to spew at that point - and
forcing a smile. Ugh. But happy to report no
puking. And we're feeling better.
Daniel did his Christmas shopping last night,
and took Dmitri with him. So I got the house,
the sofa and the tv all to myself! It was kind
of nice.... :}
OOOo! So we were surprised by carolers last night!
We were sitting there watching tv, and just
heard singing. We opened the door, and there were
some families from out ward that had stopped
by to sing to us! It was so sweet! It seriously
made my night. I had just laid Dmitri down, so
he was awake in bed when they came over. I
got him out of bed so he could say hi. He was
a bit confused, but cried when they left!
So he liked it :}
It was seriously so sweet. And the little kids
were too stinkin' cute!! XD
Today Dmitri and headed to the mall to
finish up the Christmas shopping. No stroller
again, and this time he was a lot less cooperative.
Especially when he sees other kids walking.
I'd let him walk, but he sees something that looks
interesting, and he needs to go explore and has
his own agenda.
So when I hold his hand to lead him out of the
store, or to the checkout, he starts screaming
and goes limp so I have to drag him or pick him
up kicking and screaming.
Any suggestions? He wants to feel more independent,
but we can't stand in a store for 12 hours while
he shuffles through shiny objects or plays on the
display xbox.
So mall was followed by Target - which turned
out bad because he actually wanted to be held,
and then down to play xbox. And back and forth.
And all that picking up and trying not to drop him
while he screamed and tried to wiggle free killed
my back. Bad. I hate getting old.
Daniel got off early and did some Christmas shopping,
then came home and took over Dmitri care while I
scrubbed the kitchen.
We've been having some cockroach problems.
There was one {huge one} on the kitchen ceiling
this morning. And little ones here and there. So
I had to put our food in plastic containers. And bleach.
Because that always makes me feel better.
But there was one in Dmitri's room the other night.
H.U.G.E! Daniel was asleep - and so was Dmitri. So
it was just me. I went in to check on Dmitri before
I went to bed, and turn to leave, and there it was.
About the bookcase. UUUKKK!!! It gives me chills
thinking about it again. So I got the Raid and had to
wait for it to get closer to me so I could spray it.
I sprayed it, and it hauled it back towards the
bookcase, then fell on top of it. I could hear it's
every move that's how big it was. Then it fell off
the bookcase and came running at ME!!! AHH!!
Sprayed and sprayed it - but it would not stop
moving! So I ran out of Dmitri's room, and it ran
out too X{ I sprayed it and it ran back in, then
towards Dmitri bathroom. It stopped for a second
so I found the closest thing to me to cover it.
Which happened to be Dmitri's sand bucket. So I
covered it and then placed Daniel's shoe over it
and waited of it to die. I could hear it trying to
climb up the sides of the bucket. Ugh.
Of course I woke Dmitri up - which was good
I guess. Because his room needed to air out.
So I was up with him for 2 hours. I neutralized the
air on his room - just in case - and then had to clean
up the roach.... I considered leaving it under the
bucket and taping a note to Dmitri's door asking
him to clean it up - but no. I was worried he wouldn't
see the note and I'd forget - and Dmitri would play
with the bucket. So I scoped him up in the dustpan
and flushed him. Which was so creepy. And I was
{still am} totally paranoid that they're going to
pop out everywhere.
Esh.
We share a wall with another condo - that has
been vacant for over a year now. It was a foreclosure,
so who knows what it looks like in there. But it could
be a nice breeding ground for cockroaches.... Sigh.
I really hate them :'(
Anyways - longer then expected! I can never get
to bed before 1!
But we're excited for Christmas! Daniel and I keep
getting rushes of childhood excitement! Love it! :}
Watching the train
His shoes were in my bag. Barefoot in the mall,
it's so Hawaiian :}
The cute Christmas display the mall had going on.
Making faces in traffic.... :}


tired, want to go to bed move.
But I figured I'd blog anyway - because it's
been awhile.
Well - not much going on here.
Friday, Daniel got to go into work a little bit
late - so that meant he watched Dmitri while
I went to yoga!
I really wish they'd switch the classes to
nighttime again :\
Anyways - that went well. I felt a little
disconnected at first - but before I knew it,
the class was over, and I felt good!
That afternoon I picked up our friends who
had just dropped off their car to be shipped
back to the good ol' mainland. Sad!! :[
But once that was all taken care of, we went
to lunch. We went to Bob's. It's been around
a long time - and once you see this place, you'll
know how long. I'm always skeptical of wagons
or shakes. I just imagine hair and rats everywhere...
But I was optimistic because they were
telling me good things - and the good things
didn't disappoint! It was delisious!
It's Hawaiian food - which isn't usually my
favorite..........
But it was good! I accidently ordered a
regular thinking it was enough for one.
More like two or three.... but Daniel was
happy to finish it off later that afternoon.
Saturday... I did not go to yoga. Even though
the night before I made a mental assurance I
would go - because Daniel was home. Mmm
I slept right through. It starts at 8 on Saturdays,
so no go.
But we all woke up and had a nice french
toast breakfast. And I really think that was
the highlight of our day X}
Daniel had to pick up someone he's sponsoring
from the airport. So he picked him up and
took him to where he needed to go to get
signed in and settled in. Daniel got taken by
one of the lei stand ladies. He said she said
$4 {which is the usual price} for one of the
leis, but she rang it up as $12, and she stuck
to it. Of course they have a no return policy.
Sneaky sneaky....
Sunday we got dressed up in our Christmas
Sunday bests! I bought Daniel a tie so he
could have a Christmas 'outfit' and also bought
one for Dmitri. Dmitri's was a little different,
but they still looked similar. So of course I loved
that!!
Daniel was teaching the missionary class
{which is during Sunday school} and Priesthood.
So - that meant Dmitri was with me. All. through.
class. During class he's really not a problem.
Except that some of the kids stop listening
and instead pay attention to whatever Dmitri
was doing. So there was a lot of that.
Our room always has a spider or two... and I
just about died {seriously} when I look over and
one of the boys is HOLDING a spider! By the
legs!!! Seriously. About died! So I yelled at him
to kill it or throw it out the window. But stop
playing with them!
Eck eck eck.
Our lesson was on the birth of Christ, so they
got to cut and color their own Nativity while
I read about the birth of Jesus.
So off the sharing time and singing time. And
that's when it gets tuff with Dmitri. He'll sit
for a bit - but then wants to get up and run
around. So I have to leave my class and walk
him around the building a couple times. Then
distract him from the drinking fountain, and
the outlets and the dirt. And handle quite a
few temper tantrums while I do it.
February - and he's in Nursery. Eeee!! :}
So after all that - home - 3 hour nap - and
a lovely Sunday afternoon.
Monday I headed out to get a few Christmas
presents. I forgot the stroller - so I had to
carry Dmitri for a few hours. He was pretty
much near an angel - but my that boy has
gotten heavy! I have lost a pound everyday
that I've done that this week! So I should do
it more often....
But my back has been killing me - so I need
to find a happy medium.
That afternoon I finally got to the post office.
That stupid place has been eluding me for weeks
now! But I made it - and bought stamps, and
mailed some stuff. So Christmas cards are on
their way friends and family! And they might
just make it before Christmas ;)
Daniel and I had a stomach bug for a few days,
and it started hitting when I left the house. I
was standing in line at the post office about
to puke or {cough cough} something else.
There was a line of about 10 people ahead of
me - and the whole time I kept thinking I'm
going to get the guy that always talks a lot.
And yes - I did. Out of 5 other people I get him.
Seriously about to spew at that point - and
forcing a smile. Ugh. But happy to report no
puking. And we're feeling better.
Daniel did his Christmas shopping last night,
and took Dmitri with him. So I got the house,
the sofa and the tv all to myself! It was kind
of nice.... :}
OOOo! So we were surprised by carolers last night!
We were sitting there watching tv, and just
heard singing. We opened the door, and there were
some families from out ward that had stopped
by to sing to us! It was so sweet! It seriously
made my night. I had just laid Dmitri down, so
he was awake in bed when they came over. I
got him out of bed so he could say hi. He was
a bit confused, but cried when they left!
So he liked it :}
It was seriously so sweet. And the little kids
were too stinkin' cute!! XD
Today Dmitri and headed to the mall to
finish up the Christmas shopping. No stroller
again, and this time he was a lot less cooperative.
Especially when he sees other kids walking.
I'd let him walk, but he sees something that looks
interesting, and he needs to go explore and has
his own agenda.
So when I hold his hand to lead him out of the
store, or to the checkout, he starts screaming
and goes limp so I have to drag him or pick him
up kicking and screaming.
Any suggestions? He wants to feel more independent,
but we can't stand in a store for 12 hours while
he shuffles through shiny objects or plays on the
display xbox.
So mall was followed by Target - which turned
out bad because he actually wanted to be held,
and then down to play xbox. And back and forth.
And all that picking up and trying not to drop him
while he screamed and tried to wiggle free killed
my back. Bad. I hate getting old.
Daniel got off early and did some Christmas shopping,
then came home and took over Dmitri care while I
scrubbed the kitchen.
We've been having some cockroach problems.
There was one {huge one} on the kitchen ceiling
this morning. And little ones here and there. So
I had to put our food in plastic containers. And bleach.
Because that always makes me feel better.
But there was one in Dmitri's room the other night.
H.U.G.E! Daniel was asleep - and so was Dmitri. So
it was just me. I went in to check on Dmitri before
I went to bed, and turn to leave, and there it was.
About the bookcase. UUUKKK!!! It gives me chills
thinking about it again. So I got the Raid and had to
wait for it to get closer to me so I could spray it.
I sprayed it, and it hauled it back towards the
bookcase, then fell on top of it. I could hear it's
every move that's how big it was. Then it fell off
the bookcase and came running at ME!!! AHH!!
Sprayed and sprayed it - but it would not stop
moving! So I ran out of Dmitri's room, and it ran
out too X{ I sprayed it and it ran back in, then
towards Dmitri bathroom. It stopped for a second
so I found the closest thing to me to cover it.
Which happened to be Dmitri's sand bucket. So I
covered it and then placed Daniel's shoe over it
and waited of it to die. I could hear it trying to
climb up the sides of the bucket. Ugh.
Of course I woke Dmitri up - which was good
I guess. Because his room needed to air out.
So I was up with him for 2 hours. I neutralized the
air on his room - just in case - and then had to clean
up the roach.... I considered leaving it under the
bucket and taping a note to Dmitri's door asking
him to clean it up - but no. I was worried he wouldn't
see the note and I'd forget - and Dmitri would play
with the bucket. So I scoped him up in the dustpan
and flushed him. Which was so creepy. And I was
{still am} totally paranoid that they're going to
pop out everywhere.
Esh.
We share a wall with another condo - that has
been vacant for over a year now. It was a foreclosure,
so who knows what it looks like in there. But it could
be a nice breeding ground for cockroaches.... Sigh.
I really hate them :'(
Anyways - longer then expected! I can never get
to bed before 1!
But we're excited for Christmas! Daniel and I keep
getting rushes of childhood excitement! Love it! :}
Watching the train
His shoes were in my bag. Barefoot in the mall,it's so Hawaiian :}
The cute Christmas display the mall had going on.
Making faces in traffic.... :}





Thank Heaven for nursery!! I love the last pic! Such a cute little expression. :)
ReplyDeleteI had cockroach issues at my last apartment. It was HORRIBLE! I feel for ya lady! Evil nasty little things! GEH.
ReplyDeleteWe got your card yesterday! I love when people include the news letters. Sometimes I think we should do one, but when it's a year that's pretty uneventful or full of stuff that only close friends know about....Maybe some year.
ReplyDeleteDisgusting that you could hear the cockroach moving!! Blah!!!
And don't you hate it when you're somewhere, where a bathroom isn't available and you REALLY don't feel well?
Gross. Cockroaches! There has to be SOMETHING wrong with Hawaii, or else everyone would try to live there! Funny-Porter has that same Lobster shirt! I just love it! They probably wear the same size too! Yikes! He's adorable though. I like the pictures on the side of your blog-lets me see how much he's changed. Wish y'all were at the Christmas party. Wasn't a very good turn out. Glad you're doing well though! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete