About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Yay yay USA!

Happy 4th of July!!
The 4th of July means...
summer has begun!

Wahoo!

So check out the cake my little
sister [Candice - age 14]
made!
It's her first decorated cake, and
she did awesome!!
Today was crazy crazy!
Well I actually got to sleep in
today.
Yay!
Dmitri woke up at 7, and Daniel
woke up with him while I slept
in - till 9:30.

But this morning was one of those
mornings when you look at the
clock and it's 10:15, then you look
back - what seems like half hour
later - and it's 2 o'clock!

So come 2 o'clock - I was quite
behind on errands.
We went to a pool party BBQ tonight,
and I said I'd bring the fruit. Well
of course I didn't go to Costco last
night - figuring I could go today.
No go - they were closed.
So I went to Safeway. They had
run out of seedless watermelon,
which is just crazy to me [and another
reason not to procrastinate] so
I opted for 4 mini watermelons.
Which equaled the price of a big
one - so it worked.
Dmitri came with me - he had a
good time trying to get the signs
hanging off the shelves.
So we got our fruit and left.

The party started at 4, and I didn't
start cutting things till 3.
I was about done, and went to get
a rag from under the sink, and find
the rag damp.
That's never good....
I look under the sink, and the
pipe is dripping!
So I get Daniel - and he comes
to check it out. He touches the pipe,
and it comes apart.
Lol not good at all!
He tried fitting it back together, but
it wouldn't go.
So he gave up for now - he thinks
we need to replace something - so
we'll have to run to Home Depot.

But we were an hour late to the
party - and didn't have time to
grab our suits.
Lol Dmitri was lucky we
remembered him :}

But we had a good time! And the
burgers were sooo good!
Plus there were some delish
desserts and kabobs.
The group was a mix of people
from church, and Army families.
So it was a good group.

Poor Dmitri - he wanted to swim
so bad!
Luckily a lady in our ward [Anela]
had an extra swimmer and towel
she let us use - and Jessica [the host]
took Dmitri in the pool.
He was so happy - plus he loved
hanging out with the other kiddies.

After the party, we met up with
the Calls for some fireworks!

When I was looking online - there
wasn't a lot of choices here.
Ala Moana [downtown] has a
huge extravaganza. Some 50
thousand people were expected.
Lol so that wasn't too appealing to
us - having to fight the traffic.

But we ended up going to the
Wet N Wild water park, and sat
on their lawn.
We had a great view - and they
put on a nice little show!
Dmitri did great!
He was startled at first, and held
tight to Daniel. But he calmed
down, and ended up enjoying them.

So that was our day.
I love the 4th of July.
And I love fireworks.

So Korea threatened to send a
nuclear missile our way today.
So far we're still here.
Hopefully we'll still be here
tomorrow.
I made Daniel say a prayer last
night.
So we have the Lord on our side.
So far so good.
:)

Happy 4th!
Swimming with JessicaHanging with Jessica & KadenHeya Ava! :)love these guys :)
Our lil ohana
on the way home - time for bed!
Check out his mad skills!
:)

4 comments:

  1. ok, your fireworks pictures turned out a MILLION times better then ours. See ing your pictures only justify's(for me) that we NEED a better camera. I keep warning Matthew that if we go to Hawaii next year (well I shouldn't say IF, because I'm going with or without him), but that we HAVE to get a better camera. i want one with lots of ZOOM!! what kind of camera do you guys have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th!!! Dmitri's a great walker already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys had a happy 4th! Dmitri's so cute - I can't believe how much he's walking already! I love little kids walking - they look like little, drunken midgets! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. uhh???

    a bomb threat? I'M scared!

    looks like you had a wonderful day!
    dmiti is so, so, SO cute.

    ReplyDelete