About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Swim team!

Alright.
Our day.

Well today Daniel had a seminar to
go to - that was scheduled till 3.
He left around 6 - but unfortunately
he woke Dmitri up.....
Luckily he settled down, and went
back to sleep [20 mins later] - as did I.

I use Dmitri as my alarm clock. He
works well - usually up by 7 - sometimes
8. Well he slept in till 9:30!
Yikes.
I would have too if Daniel hadn't
come strolling through the door at
9.
His seminar only lasted an hour!
Kind of annoying that they made him
drive all the way out there just for
an hour :\ But ohwell - I was happy
he was home early :)

Well anyways - so Dmitri and I had
a ward playdate to attend.
We were running behind due to our
sleeping in... and we decided to walk
there! Lol so double behind.
But we met up with Chelsea and Ava,
and walked to the pool date.

We had a great time! Dmitri loves
hanging with his friends - and he
LOVES to swim!
He's gotten a lot more cautious with
the water. He knows if he goes under
he can't breath. So he'd walk on the
steps in the pool - then squat to sit,
but before his head went in, you could
totally see him reevaluate the situation
and he'd stand back up. Adorable.

But of course he'd still love for me to
let him go - so he could swim off on
his own. Lol I think he'd be so happy!
If he knew how to swim :}

Oh so he was walking around on the
concrete at the pool - which isn't a
good combo.
So yes - he got tangled in his feet
and went face first into the ground.
It was instant tears. Poor guy :(
He cut his upper lip a little, and there
was a tiny bit of blood and swelling.
But otherwise he's good.
And he cuddled afterwards. Which
made my day :)

I forgot to bring my camera to the
pool! Boo.
So here's Dmitri helping himself
to some pretzels.
He'd take one out - taste it - then
put it back and take another one.
Or lick on - drop it on the floor and
go for another.
I wasn't quick enough to get the pic
of him trying to stick his whole face
in the container. Boo!
:)
Dmitri's not a sweets kid - he LOVES salt.

So after swimming we headed home.
I decided to take my new gardening
knowledge to Home Depot and get
some pots and seeds to start a little
garden.
OMGsh I love the smell of potting
soil. I could eat it - or swim in it.
If it was a candle scent - I'd buy 12.
MMmmmMMmmm.
So I bought potting soil - well compost.

I planted the little seedlings - and
now we wait for some sprouts!
Dmitri had a good time watching me
set them up. And then trying to dig up
the seeds I just planted.
And then try to turn the hose on... and
then stick is whole arm in the water
pot that catches the water that leaks
from the hose when it's on.
So he had a good time.My newest plant.Dmitri got this rash a week or two back
that will not [entirely] go away!
It'll fade a bit - then come back.
He cries when I put on Desitin - so I
bought Balmax [I remember my mom
would use it on my sister when she was
a baby] and he doesn't cry when I put
it on. And it seems to work really well.

I don't know what is causing the rash. Well -
he keeps getting diarrhea - so I'm sure
that's it - but I can't figure out what's
causing the diarrhea.
There's nothing he's eating consistently
that could cause it :[
Or maybe that's what's causing it -all
the different or new foods.
I don't know - poor guy.
So he got a bath in this soothing baby
oatmeal stuff - and it did make a big
difference. His bum was a lot less
red when he got out.

Mmmm.... yummy murky oatmeal bath...
Blah.
So our lovely day.
:)

3 comments:

  1. You take amazing pics! They're always so bright and colorful! Love them!

    It's a good thing I don't use "my kid" as an alarm. Lola doesn't get up until I get up - sometimes I literally have to pull her out of bed! :[

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cute little gardener!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you would buy potting soil candles??!! yuck. but that's funny.
    andrew gets diaper rashes really easy too. awhile back i took him to the dr because he would get one, and then it would turn into this HUGE blown out thing. she prescribed nystatin (that's what it says on the tube) and that works most of the time, if i can ctach the rash early enough. and if it's a bad one, we have a prescription for bactroban, and that works extremely well. but if it's just a little red, we use the target brand diaper creme. you know that gross sticky stuff that you can NEVER get out from under your nails.
    i'm happy you're getting out and being socialable, i wish i could say the same for myself. i still haven't joined any ward playdates.

    ReplyDelete