About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

What a day what a day. What a mighty fine day.

So this morning Dmitri and I checked out
playtime at the library. Originally I
thought it was story time - but nope - it's
playtime! Which might just be even better!

So we got there and I was surprised at
the amount of kids already lined up. We went
in - went over to the kiddie area - I sat
Dmitri down - and off he went!
He was off crawling - but every few crawls
he'd look back at me with a big smile - like
he couldn't believe he was able to go off on
his own [unbeknownst to him I was keeping a
close eye;]
While we were driving there - I had a bit of
panic thinking 'what if the kids don't like him?'
'what if none of the kids want to play with him?'
Lol the usual paranoid mom stuff! But that was
the least of my worries once he was off exploring.
He would go up to kids - and they'd play with him.
They'd share their toys, the older kids played
easy with him - it was a good time.
He found this plush weird tube toy right away
and held onto it the entire time! Not once did
he let go. It made noise when you shake it - and
he thought that was the greatest thing ever!
He actually cried when we had to give it back
to the library. Poor guy.
But Dmitri is not shy at all. And that worries me
a little. He even went up to some mom's and sat
by them, climbed on them, talked to them.
I kept apologizing and they kept saying "Oh he's
fine - don't worry." Lol but I don't think it's okay
for him to be climbing on people! Especially
strangers. I don't know.
But anyways - it was good. Dmitri LOVED it - and
we'll be going next week for sure.

So after that we ran some errands - and then
headed home. It was an exciting morning for
him. He took almost a 3 hour nap when we got home!
It was nice.

So Daniel got off a little bit early - which I
always love :] He was in the NICU today and
got to hold and feed babies. I would love that! :D
So tomorrow starts his 5 days off! Booyah!
Hopefully he doesn't spend all 5 days playing
video games.......... If you're reading this Daniel -
I WOULD HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT!
:}

I'm getting my hair done tomorrow.
YAY!
Cut and color.
Back to blond.
Not the weird blond I have going on right now.
Actual blond. WOOT!
:]

So since my sister's already got these -
I can blog about them!
I made a bag for my sister Cassie and
one for my sister Candice.
It was Cassie's bday a couple weeks ago,
and apparently I still feel like I'm supposed
to get her a gift. Even though she just turned 22.
And Candice wanted a bag like the bird one
I made awhile back.
For some reason I'm a pushover when it
comes to my little sisters. I don't know what's
up with that.

Cassie's bag
Candice's bag

So to further clarify this pushover thing -
my little sister Candice text me tonight, and
this is how it went;
"U should make me a adam lambert shirt!
Cos i loves him! U know like how u did moms
dmitri bag, but make adam white and have
the shirt blue or purple or black.But if u make
the shirt blue or purple then make him black."

That's quit specific for a 'favor' - but again - I'm
a pushover when it especially comes to my
little sister Candice. She's 14 - and quit amusing.
So I made the shirt. It didn't take much. A $4.80
purple t-shirt from Forever 21 - and some
black fabric paint from Wal-mart. Along with
freezer paper of course.
The tee didn't photograph well - so there's
a glare from the [still] wet paint. Daniel was
so kind as to help me get the size of the
pic right. And so now we have an Adam
Lambert shirt [sorry Juli - but then he didn't
win - so maybe it's okay :]
I made a booboo on it - but I wont
say what or where. Lol but it bothers me.
Ohwell.
She better wear it.
And now I'm totally nitpicking this pic!
Lol I need to go fix this shirt XD

4 comments:

  1. That stuff is so awesome. I am sure that you have to be talented like you to even have a project come out looking as good as yours do. Way to be! (that is my high school phraseology coming out)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gee sara you amaze me!! i love your bags and (even if i can't STAND the screamer) that shirt. really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is totally unsafe to share with people - now that i know you're a pushover I'm totally calling you for 'favors' lol. I LOVE the Shirt! I have wanted to do freezer paper shirts but haven't taken the leap - it looks awesome!! Way to be! (as jennie would say, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bags and I'm so excited to get some freezer paper projects going. It looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete