About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

In need of a Sunday miracle...

So Daniel went into work last night.
Once he got there they told him he
could be on call for the evening because
there were more nurses then needed.
Sweet.
So he turned around and came back home.
It was a quiet evening.
We watched Bolt - which was Ok.
After the movie [around 10] he gets a call
from one the the nurses saying she
didn't feel good and he needed to come in
by 12. So he does.
Well after being there a couple hours, the
nurse that called him was still hanging
around. Turns out she wasn't sick - she
just felt like calling him in. LAME!
And rude.
So he had to work last night.

I worked on my giant quilt [which I'm not
totally loving right now :\] did the dishes,
and headed to bed.
While I was getting ready I kept hearing
loud car noises outside my bedroom
window. I look out, and there's a tow
truck towing some car. Mind you it was 2:30 am.

So I laid in bed - tried to ignore the
loud noises outside. But I couldn't.
I kept hearing the car screeching and
could hear him making every little adjustment.
So I decided to be nosey - and peek out.
When I did he was prying the passenger
side door open - and of course set off the
alarm. So by this time it's almost 3:30 and
there's a wonderful alarm going off. And still
going off...

Well he finally gets the alarm disabled, and gets
in his truck to drive off.
All the sudden our upstairs neighbor comes
running out in his pjs and tries to get the
drivers attention. No luck - so he chases him
down the street. I'm assuming he caught up
with him - but I guess couldn't persuade him
to let the car go.
So our neighbor came back empty handed.

Now I'm not a jerk - I actually have never
seen this car. And we seem to have musical
neighbors upstairs cause I've never seen this guy.
Though he seemed to be sleeping over cause
I heard our girl neighbor that lives above us
who is supposed to be married. And he came
running from upstairs while wearing night garb.
Upstairs is a very interesting situation. I don't
ask questions [or talk to them cause they're
not friendly]. But different people seem to
live there - then are gone for a significant
amount of time - then some trickle back - then
are gone again. The only constant is the Pomeranian
'they' have and that someone vacuums pretty
much everyday at 5:15ish.
Oh and there are 2 regular cars that are there
when it seems the owners are not.
Lol as you can see I've created a mini soap
opera. I'm sure it's not as bad as I think it
is - and I;m sure I don't have all the facts
straight. But what I have going on in my
head is more interesting to me :]

Well anywhos - I woke up at 7 today for
church. Church is at 8 for us. I've never heard
of a ward starting at 8 - and only 2 wards meet
in our building. Sigh - why 8?
Well I get up and get ready. Nothing fits. And
if it does it looks ridiculous. It's that wake up
awful bloated feeling - you feel like your 15
months prego and you should be wearing a moomoo.
Which I could get away with here - but refuse.
So I felt disgusting - and ugly - and just wanted
to crawl back in bed. I was in need of a Sunday
miracle. Lol a miracle where I'd suddenly drop
this haggard feeling and feel fantastic and look
super cute! Yea - no - never came. I found
a skirt that ended up being too big - but not
the good too big. The weird bulges too big.
And while walking into church realize I'll be
fighting some massive static cling. Sigh - awesome..
Well I made it through Sacrament - and Sunday
School - but that's as far as I got. Dmitri was
getting sleepy, so I decide to stand up and rock him.
While stepping over our bags - I totally rip the seam
of my skirt. I tried feeling around and it felt HUGE!
Like almost see your bum huge. So I stand there with
my back against the wall rocking Dmitri - afraid to
sit down because someone behind me might see.
I whisper my situation to Daniel - and once Sunday
School was over, he was kind enough to walk behind
me. I asked him to assess the damage - and he said it
wasn't that bad. But I was still too self conscience - so
we left.

Ehh - bad night - bad morning. The rest of the day
was okay. We napped - Daniel slept - Dmitri and
I went to the pool. It was Dmitri's first time in a
swimming pool. He was very cautious at first.
There was a birthday party going on - so
all the kids jumping, splashing and occasionally
hitting us with squirt gun water didn't help.
We stayed in for a bit - and he started to warm
up to it all. He started splashing his hands in the
water - and even let me dunk him a few times.

He had a good time watching the kids playing
and running while we sat on the lounge
chairs. It was a little cooler then I would have
liked - but not too bad.
Maybe we'll try it again tomorrow - when all
the kids are in school.
It was so cute - while we were sitting there
watching everyone run back and forth - he
just kept kicking his legs laughing and
babbling.
So he had a good time.
:)

Oh yes... so our dogs were required to get
a blood test in order to come out here.
They got it last week - along with an examination.
Turns out that Bianca [our Miniature Pinscher]
was born with one of her kneecaps
out of place. Apparently this is very common
in her breed - which was a relief to me! I panicked
thinking I may not have noticed the horrific
or painful event that caused it.
But she's fine - and according to the vet
it doesn't bother her. The vet wiggled it around
and played with it - and Bianca didn't even flinch.
Ever since we got her she's always ran with
one leg up. I noticed it more when the ground was wet,
or there was snow. So I just thought I was something
she did. And of course I thought it was adorable.
And it still is - cause Miss Bianca is adorable!
Anywhos - she and Misha got a clean
bill of health other wise.
I love these girls
:)

2 comments:

  1. Awwww....puppies! I hope they get to go live with you guys soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH for miniature pinschers!! today we spent some time at the vet because bella had a fox tail in one of her ears. i felt to bad. we had no idea either. she just started going crazy this afternoon, crying and rubbing her ear all over. when the vet took it out it was all bloody. poor baby. she is in MUCH better spirits now. and now we have to do medicine twice a day and do an ear rinse once a week, and then she goes back to the vet (which is a $50 consult fee) in 2 weeks. lovely.

    ReplyDelete