About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Monday, March 16, 2009

More fun with the fam!

So today - we all headed out to Haleiwa.
It's a cute little town. We've seen it on the
Travel Channel a bunch - and they say you
always have to stop for the shaved ice and
eat at Kua Aina Sandwich. And of course
- we did!
These guys were cute - they were made out of coconut shells
Dmitri and his Papa!The shaved ice was delish! Daniel and my
parents got the rainbow flavored shaved ice.
That's the one the Travel Channel recommended.
I wasn't paying attention to that - so I opted
for Pina Colada. It was good - but I tasted the
rainbow - and it was the best! So maybe I'll
get that next time.
We browsed some of the shops - and then ate
at Kua Aina. I got the Pineapple Burger - and
loved it! Even my mom loved the food! So
our tummies were quite satisfied! :)
After lunch we jumped back into the car [we
took two this time - cause my parents, with my
sister Candice, and Dmitri all in the back was
too crowded:] Anyways - we headed out the the
North Shore to scope the beaches.
The weather was fine. It was pretty cloudy, but
still warm. The water was COLD though! There
were a TON of surfers. It looked like some type
of training was going on, or lessons.
We didn't get into the water though. One it was too
cold, the other was because we weren't allowed.
I guess they were having some pretty strong currents.
But we did soak our feet - and get some sun. So it was nice!
One of the beaches had a sea turtle, but we didn't get out
to see it because it was too crowed - and I don't think we
could have found a spot for both cars. Ohwell -
they got to see it from the car :)
So that was our day.
We bought a BBQ on the way home. Daniel has
wanted one ever since we moved here,
so this was a good time to get it.
We fired up some hot dogs for dinner,
and they were pretty yum!
So fun day.
You can tell she's 14 from a mile away. Is that not the face/look all
14 years old girls have? So excited... :}

Tomorrow I think we'll head to Waikiki. Daniel has
to work, so I think it'll be a good day for Waikiki.
It's not Daniel's favorite place - but I think
it's good for people who want less waves.
So it should work out tomorrow.
Anywhos - that's that.
Night!

2 comments:

  1. That is so Excited your parents in Hawaii right now and spending time with you guys and their cute grandson too!! Cute pictures you took!! We miss you guys alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14 or not - ur in HAWAII! SMILE! lol

    ReplyDelete