About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Thursday, February 12, 2009

We're in the cool club now ;)

Today Daniel was off - woohoo!
I woke up entirely too early and killed
time on the internet
while Dan & Dmitri slept.
I didn't find anything too interesting either...
Well I was all stoked to go swimming this
morning - but woke up to rain!
Gah - so another day.
Well anywhos - we headed over to the
lobby for breakfast,
which was very yum.
After that we decided to
continue on our quest;
registering the cars!
Our lovely burden.
We took them to get their
brand new tint removed.
And of course reapplied lighter.
We could have saved money by not
putting the tint back on -
but neither of us has ever been
known as a 'saver.'
So they're still tinted - just lighter.
I prefer a tinted car anyways.
It's aesthetically pleasing - to me at least.
The tint looks fine. Not awesome - just fine.
[So the tint place we went to has to be
racking in the money. They are
geniuses because they chose the BEST
location ever. Right next to
an Army base. So I'm sure they get all the out of
state cars that failed inspection because
of tint! Genius!]
So it will do. And it did.
We received the coveted PASS!
So yes. We were only able to do one car at a
time - so that was our WHOLE day.
Dropped off one car - killed time at Costco.
Switch cars - kill time by napping in hotel room.
Pick up other car - caravan to Sears for inspection.
Car A - WRX - tint approved PASS!
Car B - Outback Sport - everything A okay - PASS!
Unfortunately the Outback inspection was
completed after 5,
so the DMV was closed.
No new plates yet.
We killed some more time by walking
around the mall.
Oh - so the fab mall I blogged about earlier - I've been
there a couple times before!
I didn't realize it though because there's an Uptown
and Downtown side - and
a Sky Cab that connects them.
When I go with Daniel, we always end up on the
Downtown side - which is the lame side.
So we decided to go check out the Uptown side - and
spent 20 minutes trying to get to it!
We never did either.
The closer we thought we were getting - the farther
away Macy's seemed to get.
So we gave up and decided to go on another day.
Daniel's not feeling so great.
He's got the aches and chills.
Hopefully he feels better and gets to
enjoy the rest of his days off!
I got my [LAME] flu shot - so I should [but probably wont
cause the flu shot is dumb] be okay.
Hopefully Dmitri doesn't catch it :[

So I found it rather amusing [after the anger subsided] that a 2008
vehicle can fail an inspection numerous times.
I know - the issues it had weren't mechanical, but still
amusing.

Oh - and congratulations Dan & Juli!
They welcomed their baby Lauren today!
I'm sure she's a doll - though I'm still waiting on pics!
[hint hint Beairds!]
:}

Oh yea - so yesterday there was a tornado here!
Well - it was about 20 minutes away from us.
They're apparently very rare here.
No good!
I make a note NOT to move to places
that frequent natural disasters.
I'm not keen on possible hurricanes & tsunamis -
though I hear those are rare too.
Now I have tornados to worry about!
And tornados freak to poop out of me!
I grew up in CA - and let me tell you;
I will take 10 earthquakes a day over one
tornado a year.
Scary business.
And I don't understand why anyone would
EVER live in tornado ally.
Oh my, no.


2 comments:

  1. Hey we were just reading at school in our weekly reader about earthquakes. Hawaii is in the top five states that gets the most earthquakes, but hey, you lived in San Fransisco. You're funny(your comments on tornados.)Atleast they can give a warning about tornadoes, but earthquakes can't really be predicted. One time, I went to see a friend in Kansas and I thought I was gonna die just driving to her house from the airport. It was pouring and the biggest lightning I've ever seen was flashing all around us. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol great! Now I have one more natural disaster to stress about! XD But for some reason earthquales don't freak me out as bad :\ Well - I'm sure a big honking one would - but the average sized ones aren't too bad. So I think I'm referring to those!
    For some reason I have an image of a tornado just touching down on top of me and me getting thrown. Lol though I'm sure that's unlikely - but the dark skies and lightening are scary! Blah - I'd totally be freaked out too!
    Isn't Alaska the #1 state as far as earthquakes? I thought I heard that somewhere... :\

    ReplyDelete