About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Thursday, December 25, 2008

A very busy [white] Christmas - and a Happy New Year!

[holding Cookie's hand :]
Well it's been a busy last week and this week on our end. Daniel got back from San Antonio - and it was straight to packing! We had movers come on Monday and Tuesday - so we had to pack and put aside 2 months worth of clothes and necessities.
That one was hard! It's easy for me and Daniel - but I had to keep out more clothes for Dmitri because I don't know what will fit him in the next 2 months. So he has some clothes that fit now - and some clothes he should grow into soon.
The movers on Monday didn't take much. Just dishes, computers and some of Dmitri's things that he'll need. Tuesday was everything else. There was supposed to be 6 movers - but only 2 showed up! Apparently the other 4 were stuck in Ogden moving someone else. They eventually showed up later that afternoon - and finished boxing everything up. Now they're coming back Friday to load it all on the truck. Then off to Hawaii it goes!
Glad that is pretty much done.
Wednesday I FINALLY saw Twilight. Totally slacking. Daniel and I made a matinee and then had lunch together. I love having him around! :)
That night we headed to the Fed family Christmas Eve party. It was a very good time - with some excellent games and present opening :)

[reindeer games][such cute guys:]
This morning - Christmas day - we spent with the Urb family. It was Dmitri's first Christmas - and he got some goodies! He also got a lot of what he asked for - books! Yay :D Oh - and Santa brought Dmitri his favorite - a Cookie Monster! He loves it! He got so excited when he saw him - and he was holding Cookie's hand most the morning. Adorable :)

We also woke up to SNOW! So much SNOW! And it's still going. This is my 4th Christmas in Utah - and my first white one! Waahoo! XD
I wonder if it's going to go all day :\

[snow kisses for the puppies!]
Tomorrow the movers come for the rest of our stuff - then this weekend we need to get all our baggage and carryon stuff together. Monday [or Tuesday] we leave for LA. We have to drive both cars down to the port there. Boo! Then the 31st [New Years Eve] we fly out to Hawaii! Sigh - snow, I love you and hate you at the same time. But I'm very happy to be rid of you and on our way to a warmer climent :)

These pics are from last week. I made Dmitri a stuffed Platypus. I was suprised - he LOVES it!
So here he is holding it while he sleeps :}

It doesn't have eyes yet though. Maybe when Dmitri's older - that way there's no choking hazard.


Well - we hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas - and a Happy New Year to come!
Loves loves!

3 comments:

  1. dmitri is SO cute. i love the pictures of him snuggling with the platypus, and the puppies playing in the snow. we are going to matthew's aunt and uncles cabin in sonora for new years, and i am really hoping that snow will be there. hope you guys had a merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Sara and Daniel!
    Hope you guys had a merry christmas this year! We had so much fun spedning time together with the family on Christmas Eve this year! Those are cute pictures of Dmitri! Take Care!-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new photos!! And I cant believe you guys are probably on your way to Hawaii right now...You said you were leaving the 28th right? Once again I am jealous and I cant believe you get to live in one of the most beautiful places for a couple years!! You will have to post pictures ASAP once you get there!! :)

    ReplyDelete