I've been keeping myself busy with projects this past month.
Unfortunately - I have some that I have to put aside till after we're settled in HI - since my sewing machine and supplies are already on their way there :(
But I've decided to start a new fun hobby...
making stuffed animals! :D
I've made 2 already. A platypus and an owl for Dmitri.
I made the platypus a few weeks ago and the owl today. So fun!
With the owl - I made my own pattern. It's my first attempt at both platypus and owl, but I'm pretty happy with the turnouts.
Here are some pics
The first is the quiltie owl
[it's eyes come out weird in the pics]
Unfortunately - I have some that I have to put aside till after we're settled in HI - since my sewing machine and supplies are already on their way there :(
But I've decided to start a new fun hobby...
making stuffed animals! :D
I've made 2 already. A platypus and an owl for Dmitri.
I made the platypus a few weeks ago and the owl today. So fun!
With the owl - I made my own pattern. It's my first attempt at both platypus and owl, but I'm pretty happy with the turnouts.
Here are some pics
The first is the quiltie owl
[it's eyes come out weird in the pics]




the platypusHe's already been washed - there was either poo, or baby food on him. So he was washed just in case the spot was poo :}
This blanket I made for my sis in law for Christmas. I was way excited about it - and thought it turned out really nice
And I made these birthday calendars. The green is for me - and the orange my mom.
I made a blue one for my aunt for Christmas - I'll have to post a pic of that one later.



And I thought I'd be crafty and do these baggies for our stockings. I didn't do too much with them - but they were kind of cute.

I still need to post the other stockings [my dads, moms and aunts that I made. I have a few little things to finish up on them though




Hi Sara!!
ReplyDeleteVery, Very Cute things you made. You always doing a great Job making fun things all the time. That was fun see you guys on sunday night fun night! We want to see you guys in Hawaii.We will up date our blog all the time. Let's keeping in touch more oftern. Be safe this week. We will miss you guys alot! Have a great year 2009!!!
hey! you are so talented. i think the stuffed animals are so cute. so much cuter then the stuffed animals they have now. where they make all these noises, ugh creepy. i'm excited to see what else you make. i hope you have a safe trip to hawaii.
ReplyDeleteWOW!! You've been busy!
ReplyDeleteEverything is amazing! I love the fabric on the back of the owl! Where did u find it?
Gee, I wish I could have seen your birthday calendars before I made mine! I didn't even take a pic, that's how 'proud' i was...That quilt is AMAZING!
Oh and you better be blogging some Hawaiian sunshine for us cold, damp utahns. I hope you find some fantastic friends where you go. :)
ReplyDeleteVery cute Sara. Haley was over and showed me all the cute things you made over the holidays. By the way, she went to the hospital today, so Olive should be here sometime tomorrow.
ReplyDelete