About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh the day of deals!

I totally lucked out today! I went to Ikea to buy Daniel and me a new bed. I had already picked out the one I wanted - so I headed there to buy it.
I went to the pick up area to get it - and it came in 3 boxes - and was SO heavy. My dad was on his way over with his truck to haul it home - so I decided I'd wait for him so he could help me lift it.
I decided to kill some time and headed to the As Is section. I was browsing through everything - and it took me about 10 minutes to notice the bed sitting there on it's side.
It was the EXACT bed I went to buy! Color and size. It had been a floor model, so it was already assembled and had some minor dings.
It didn't have a price so the guy went to look it up for me. I figured it's be like 10 or 20% off. He comes back and sticks the sticker on. It was $75!
The original price was $199 and I got it for 75! Woohoo!
So of course I grabbed it - along with a bookcase that was $60 from $90 and a coffee table and side table that I did pay full price for - but those weren't too much to begin with.
So I bought all of that and it came to $200. Which would have been the price of just the bed.
I'm so stoked! XD
I also bought a glider chair with ottoman for Dmitri's room. It was off Craigslist for $30 and is actually in really good condition.
Woohoo!

Here's our new bed

bookcase

and coffee table

Here's the chair

I figure they're good starter things.
I think all we need now is a kitchen table, but we can get that when we move, so I don't get something now that's too big or small.

I have to add about the bed. Ikea had a Black Friday promotion and had [I think this bed] on sale for $99.
I wanted to go down and get it - but Daniel wasn't in any hurry - so we went back and forth on it - and didn't end up getting the bed for $99. Needless to say I was very mad. He said there'd be other deals - but I was still mad.
But - I guess he's forgiven since I did find an even better deal in the bed :]
Love you babes! ;)

2 comments:

  1. well u must have been good this year! Santa came early! Way to SHOP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you guys!!
    andrew was trying to reach for our glider, slipped and banged his cheek, and got a big bruise.

    ReplyDelete