About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday to Sunday

Okay - back on the blogging track!
Last Sunday we had a "surprise" birthday party for my mother in law. I missed the surprise part though :( It was one of those running around with my head chopped off days! Blah.
Anywhos - the kids were so cute. Our nephew Ian wanted to help Grandma open her presents. It was pretty adorable.

[the quilt I made for Mary's bday]
I also have to add that I made a delish broccoli salad! i was a bakin' machine last week! I also made some chocolate cookie sandwiches - Russian tea cakes - and some spice cakes.
Lol I need to get on the dieting wagon XD
The most exciting part of my week - Dan came home!
I went to pick him up from the airport Wednesday night - thinking I was going to be early - he came in a half hour early! Luckily for him - my leaving early paid off - and he only had to wait about 5 mins.
Thursday was of course Thanksgiving. Daniel woke up early to play football with our brother in law Nic. They had a good time doing that - I think he said they won. Oh - and someone's tooth collided with his finger. Lost some skin on that one. Poor guy.
Well we headed to Mary's around 1. We had a good time hanging out - girls chatted while the boys gamed. That was followed by our first Thanksgiving dinner of the weekend. Everything tasted so good! Mmm and the desserts! So good.

That evening we headed to my parents. Luckily there were a few hours in between the meals - so we had some time to digest. My mom went all out. She brined her turkey [my fave] and had deviled eggs [also my fave] followed by the Thanksgiving staples.
We were also joined by Dan's dad Craig. It was nice to have him over and visit with him.
So Friday - we stayed clear of Black Friday. We lazed around most the morning - then decided to hit the RC Willey Outlet to search for a new bed. We drove all the way out there to find out it had been moved! And of course it was moved to a place that is a couple miles from my parents house. So that was a bummer!
Anyways - that evening we had Craig's Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily the meat of choice was ham. Lol we were pretty turkeyed out! And again - everyone did a fab job with the side dishes! Lol we were stuffed again! Ooh - and we got to watch home movies [Dan's family]. I always love watching them! I love home movies :)
Oh also - I heard Dmitri laugh harder then I had ever heard him laugh before! Our niece Chloe was being goofy and Dmitri was watching - he just kept laughing and laughing! It was so dang cute! Dmitri got a lot of attention from his cousins that night. Ian keep saying how much he loved Dmitri - and that Dmitri was his best friend. It was so dang precious! Lol and Ewan seemed to have noticed Dmitri for the first time. Dmitri was laying on the floor - and Ewan was riding around on a little car. He looked down and was staring at Dmitri - then smiling at him. Dmitri started talking to him - and Ewan was leaning over his car as much as he could to get a closer look at Dmitri. He ended up getting off his car and he would lean next to Dmitri and give him little kisses! Oh it was so so cute and sweet! So cute.


Anywhos - Sunday morning we went to Mike and Jennie's for breakfast. I hadn't seen them in awhile - so it was nice to go and catch up! That and to see how big Miss Sophie has gotten!
Ooo Jennie and I hit Robert's Craft for some post Black Friday shopping. They had some good deals going - so I got some stuff to for projects that will tie me over until Daniel get's home again. Lol and of course the boys caught up on some video game bonding. Boys boys - fun fun!


After Mike and Jennie's, we headed to Wheeler Farm to take family pics with Dan's side. Everyone looked so good! I think the pics are going to turn out so cute - and I can't wait to see them! The best part was watching each family take their turn infront of the camera. Lol it's always hard to pose with a crowd - but I don't think anyone got to distracted.
After pics we all headed to Chili's for dinner. Surprisingly we were seated pretty quick - considering our party of 17!


I got to sit across from Chloe. She was being so funny. We talked about Tinkerbell and what if we had our own Elephants and Giraffes. She said her Elephant would be green with red lip stick. And that the Elephant would live at her house. Lol it was good times.
After dinner Dan and I headed to Best Buy to browse potential presents. Oddly enough we ran into my parent's and sister Janine.
After that we headed to Mike and Jennie's again to hangout. Jennie and I chatted - the boys continued the video game festivities.
Sigh - so I dropped Daniel off at the airport this morning at 5:30am. He made it to San Antonio safely - and even though he wasn't here very long, and the time he was here went to fast - I was so happy to have him back! 2 and a half more weeks and he is officially back home! I cannot wait!
I love you babes!
xoxo
[Seak peak of our Christmas cards!]

6 comments:

  1. REALLY cute pictures of you guys!! i was going to ask you how you are able to bake with a baby in the house. but then i remembered he's not crawling yet. i've got intentions to make lots of things, but have to do it when matthew is home. looks like you guys had amazing thanksgiving. and that quilt you made?? beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE picture! I am glad you guys had a great thanksgiving! I am also counting down and excited for the boys to come home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! great quilt! great post! You are so stinkin photogenic - not fair!! Glad you had fun while D was here! What are russian tea cakes?? sounds d-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! Dmitir is a cute boy! I can't belive he will be 4 months pretty soon! He is so happy boy! I love your cute quilt you made. You always doing a great Job making fun things all the time. I"m trying making fun things too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! Dmitir is a cute boy! I can't belive he will be 4 months pretty soon! He is so happy boy! I love your cute quilt you made. You always doing a great Job making fun things all the time. I"m trying making fun things too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol no no Tara - I've just perfected the art of hiding my double chins XD I'm hiding like 4 of them in the bottom pic alone :}

    ReplyDelete