About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh projects - how I love you!

Okay - these have been consuming me the last 2 weeks. Sigh - I'm in love with sewing right now.
The projects are as follows;

I just started quilting. I've tried sewing off and on - but have developed a new found patience for it. I have an awesome sewing machine that Daniel bought me while we were dating [when I decided to take up sewing the first time]. I'm so happy it's finally being put to good use!


So far on these two I just have the squares done. I still need to find a border and backing - then buy interfacing.
I've put those ones aside for now - cause I'm doing this yellow [below] one as a gift. Almost done!


Here's the project I was working on last week. It's not a secret anymore - cause I feel like blogging about it :)
Stockings! I attempted to make Daniel one last year out of a kit - no good!
I designed these ones myself, made my own pattern and did everything [minus the names - thanks mom!] myself. Lol I was so proud! First project I actually took time and finished XD
They are sequintastic!

My mom made all us kids stockings when we were born. They were the felt and sequin ones. I loved them! They always seemed so special - so I want to start that for mine and Dan's future [and now] family.
I'm currently working on a Sugar Plum Fairy one for my sister Candice. My mom started one for her when she was born - but never got around to finishing it. And can't find it. Guess that's what happens when you're the youngest. Sucks to be you Candice :P


K - I was inspired to make these bags. The first one was so fun - I decided to make more!!
Here's the "Sara" XD


The "Debby"


The "Cassie"


The "Candice"


And here's one of the draw string bags I made to [try] organize Dmitri's diaper bag.


Oh so fun! Lol but I think I need to find a new, new hobby. Sewing's expensive :}

Oh - and I decided to go back brown. I've done this before and hated it [weird that my natural color washes me out]. But anywhos - I'm enjoying this time! It's not as dark as I've done it before - and I left a blond stripe in the front.
Lol only a few moments have I looked in the mirror and seen Cassie staring back at me XD


Ok - have to put Dmitri in. I love my sweet precious boy! Poor guy scratched himself between the eyes the other night :(


8 comments:

  1. Awww...sewing. I love it! I'll be a sewing biotch next weekend! WOO! I love your projects! You're so friggin crafty!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous. You've made some way cute things. I've always wanted to get into that, but I have a fear of sewing. Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I LOVE the stockings and bags - sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so talented!! i love the bags and stocking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok those bags are really really cute!! You should sell them at a boutique or something!! :)
    And the stockings are very very cute as well, very creative you are!!! I cant find any cute ones that I like anywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy crap - those stockings !! did u sew on all those sequins individually? I love the designs! u should seriously consider selling them!! cute bags and quilts!! BTW mia is totally trying to steal tayen's apple blanket all the time b/c its so cute!
    hey, sewing can't be more expensivethan video games right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey sara - i had a dreamlast night that i made a super cute bag and i was all proud and excited to blog it. it was so sad when i woke up and realized it didnt really happen, hahaha...sad

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stockings!! They are so cute and the bags are darling too! You are quite talented! I miss sewing...lets have a sewing party! It was fun getting together last week!

    ReplyDelete