
So the last couple days have been busy busy busy! We keep saying how much we need to finish packing and cleaning - it's all still slow going. We blame it on old age. Blah - always tired!
Happy to say that we did get a few boxes packed - then stopped when we ran out of boxes. I suspect we'll also have quite a few "miscellaneous" boxes - as much as I hate those.
We've been trying to squeeze in friend and family time - as well as our time. Thursday Grandma Mary babysat Dmitri while Daniel and I went up to Park City for some outlet shopping. Well - it started out as a trip to the Nike outlet so Daniel could get some new running shoes. Then I decided to peek into Old Navy and we ended up buying some shirts for Daniel and some Halloween attire for little Dmitri. I was so proud - I walked out of Old Navy without buying anything for myself! But then - Gap. They had SO many cute sweaters that were like 10 and 20 dollars with 30% off! Woot woo! I went a little crazy. But I did end up putting back a few things. Go me!

After Park City we headed to Halloween Express - then Babies R Us to try and find Dmitri a costume. Yea - no go. Nothing in his size! Babies R Us had a CUTE blue monster costume. Unfortunately they were out of his size :\ So still looking.
Following that we had a lovely dinner at Dragon Isle [I believe that's the name]. It's up at Brighton Point. Food was delish! And it was nice to just sit and chat with each other. So Thursday was a very lovely day :)
Friday - today - I made some Halloween cupcakes. Cupcakes are pretty much my fave thing to do. Oh I also made some chocolate covered pretzel rods for our nephew Ian's birthday. I was pretty happy with how they turned out. I bought some M&M's and stuck them in the bottom of a vase - then stuck the pretzels in. It all looked so pretty!

We had such a good time at Ian's party! It's always fun to watch the nieces and nephews play together. Lol they're so funny! Daniel and I were both impressed with how well Dmitri did at Sam and Sarah's. He was awake most the time and just kind of hanging out and taking things in. Gotta tell ya - it was very nice :)
But yes - more to blog about tomorrow - but that was about it for Friday :)
Happy to say that we did get a few boxes packed - then stopped when we ran out of boxes. I suspect we'll also have quite a few "miscellaneous" boxes - as much as I hate those.
We've been trying to squeeze in friend and family time - as well as our time. Thursday Grandma Mary babysat Dmitri while Daniel and I went up to Park City for some outlet shopping. Well - it started out as a trip to the Nike outlet so Daniel could get some new running shoes. Then I decided to peek into Old Navy and we ended up buying some shirts for Daniel and some Halloween attire for little Dmitri. I was so proud - I walked out of Old Navy without buying anything for myself! But then - Gap. They had SO many cute sweaters that were like 10 and 20 dollars with 30% off! Woot woo! I went a little crazy. But I did end up putting back a few things. Go me!

After Park City we headed to Halloween Express - then Babies R Us to try and find Dmitri a costume. Yea - no go. Nothing in his size! Babies R Us had a CUTE blue monster costume. Unfortunately they were out of his size :\ So still looking.
Following that we had a lovely dinner at Dragon Isle [I believe that's the name]. It's up at Brighton Point. Food was delish! And it was nice to just sit and chat with each other. So Thursday was a very lovely day :)
Friday - today - I made some Halloween cupcakes. Cupcakes are pretty much my fave thing to do. Oh I also made some chocolate covered pretzel rods for our nephew Ian's birthday. I was pretty happy with how they turned out. I bought some M&M's and stuck them in the bottom of a vase - then stuck the pretzels in. It all looked so pretty!

We had such a good time at Ian's party! It's always fun to watch the nieces and nephews play together. Lol they're so funny! Daniel and I were both impressed with how well Dmitri did at Sam and Sarah's. He was awake most the time and just kind of hanging out and taking things in. Gotta tell ya - it was very nice :)
But yes - more to blog about tomorrow - but that was about it for Friday :)








those pretzel sticks and cupcakes look SO martha-esque! U ROCK!!
ReplyDelete