About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Friday, March 28, 2008

Oh... the puppies.


So we have two puppies [well they're a little over a year] and they are the cutest things EVER! Lately though - I think they're going through the teenage years.

Bianca is potty trained - but doesn't like to hold it too long - so she has a pee pad that she uses. Well lately she's decided there's too much fun stuff outside - that she doesn't have time to go potty [she has to chase those pesky birds:] so within 5 minutes of coming in from a potty break - she poohs on the pad. AHH! We need to break this. If I get rid of the pad - then I think I'll end up cleaning pooh off the floor in the morning. Meh.

Misha - our little heifer - has become more protective of her
"things." We give them each a raw hid - she doesn't even chew hers. First thing she does is hides it [under a pillow or blanket because she's limited on burial spots in the house] - then throws her self a pity party because Bianca is chewing her own - and Misha can't chew her's because she hid it from Bianca. She just lays there staring at Bianca hoping that Bianca will get up - so Misha can steal it. Toys - rope - water bottles - whatever. If one is playing with it - the other HAS to have it. I think we need to break this too. But it's kind of funny.

We still need to train them some more. They've somewhat conquered staying. Well 8 times out of 10 they'll stay. So that's not too bad. They only understand "lay down" when it's bed time - so they'll crawl onto their bed so I can cover them up.

Oh their 2 favorite words - "treat" and "hungry" they are all over those! 4 times out of 10 Misha will come when you tell her to [the other times she continues to sniff the ground while giving you a side glance - or she just stares at you and wags her tail. So we throw "do you want a treat" out a lot - at that point I've never seen a dog run so fast! It's cheap - but I don't feel like waiting a half hour for her to come in when it's 11 o'clock at night.
Oh - some other words they know are "sit" and "who is it!?" They'll hear the door - or someone coming home - you say that and they go CRAZ
Y! Sigh - it's good times :)

All in all - they're good pups. They love their space heater. I think if they could crawl into it - they would. They also love to tear the stuffing out of their toys - so toy buying has become a waste of money. I refuse to throw the destroyed toys away - I think I can fix them. But until then - they just get tossed in the casualty pile of the torn and amputated toys. One day they will be new again [and then re-destroyed within 5 secs]

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Awww...love for the puppies! Mischa cracks me up! Lola does the same thing with Katie's dog...everything is HERS! Oh and you know all about the dis-embowling of the stuffed animal toys. Meh. Lola's destroyed three Hissy Kitties now. She still likes to play with the "carcass", though! We should go to the park when it gets warmer! YAY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol yes - I remember the dis-embowling! My dogs have started to do it - and it's only been since they were fixed. Lol maybe that has something to d with it!
    And we totally need to have a park day! Misha and Bianca would love it! I just gave them their own rawhides - but they're still fighting over the same stupid one! No one wants the free one! Blah XD

    ReplyDelete